• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LiveWire

Yea we should do preseason before every season. How else are we going to test out our Madden rookies? We've been waiting for this forever.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
isn't the title updates mainly for gameplay fixes? That sort has affected a started franchise in the past.

Trasher

So are there any rules as far as real life injuries go when leading into a season? For instance: can I use Jahvid Best even though he's on the PUP? Or can I use Mikel LeShoure even though he's suspended for the first three weeks in real life?

TheCrow

I'd like to play out the preaseason as well. Will give me a chance to play around with different packages. Also more time to work out a trade for a certain QB.

Rorschach

I hope they let us pick pre-season games. Battle of the Bay is back! In digital form!
So are there any rules as far as real life injuries go when leading into a season? For instance: can I use Jahvid Best even though he's on the PUP? Or can I use Mikel LeShoure even though he's suspended for the first three weeks in real life?

Also, can DM run for more than 10 yards with Freeman even though he'd get winded in real life?

Birdman02

I want to play preseason, too. I also feel like any patch they make will not affect already underway CCMs - just a cynical hunch

I want to play preseason too, but I'd vote for tunring off injuries for those games...just because of how EA usually handles subs on special teams. I don't want my starters on coverage/return teams for 3 quarters. I think the manual subbing to make sure your starters aren't on special teams would take a lot of time.

I vote no for using suspended players. Unless Vilma gets patched in, I won't get to use him until Madden 14.

McNei1y

Yea injuries during preseason are annoying but if we want the realistic gameplay, it could be fun though. The way they sub in the second and third string is pretty odd, though. The punter and kicker switch spots. Punts usually don't go over 10-15 yards.

LukeSmith

I am torn on preseason injuries. I like the risk reward of letting Luck play 4 quarters to pad stats to invest enough where I'd say we should leave them on. The special teams stuff is tres JV though

levious

I want to play preseason too, but I'd vote for tunring off injuries for those games...just because of how EA usually handles subs on special teams. I don't want my starters on coverage/return teams for 3 quarters. I think the manual subbing to make sure your starters aren't on special teams would take a lot of time.

I vote no for using suspended players. Unless Vilma gets patched in, I won't get to use him until Madden 14.

turning off injuries for a preseason game will just encourage someone to leave their starters in all game for more xp.

Colasante

Did you win the Lions?

McNei1y

turning off injuries for a preseason game will just encourage someone to leave their starters in all game for more xp.

True. That would be unfair. I like how it brings in backups so you can actually see what they do if injures WERE to happen. I'm playing as the Bills in my friends mess around league and I've found some use for a lot of backup players. I never did preseason in the past so this is really cool stuff to me.

1. if we actually PLAY pre-season games, injuries will stay on. i was just talking about if we simmed pre-season games

2. no restrictions on any restrictions on using suspended players or injured players. if a guy is on your roster you can use him, that's how i feel! not sure about my boys luke and cb though, so we'll see when they chime in!

McNei1y

1. if we actually PLAY pre-season games, injuries will stay on. i was just talking about if we simmed pre-season games

2. no restrictions on any restrictions on using suspended players or injured players. if a guy is on your roster you can use him, that's how i feel! not sure about my boys luke and cb though, so we'll see when they chime in!

I believe you get xp for simmed games too. But I don't mind having pre-season on. I do think it should be shortened length, but thats just me. The real season is what we all want!

Sokantish

Nothing wrong with playing some pre-season. Especially for the people still playing for their teams, they might not get that much experience with whatever team they're assigned.

BigAT

I wonder if we will even have to make cuts if we use an updated roster, the one they usually release around now is supposed to bring it down to the 53 players that teams cut to.

I wonder if we will even have to make cuts if we use an updated roster, the one they usually release around now is supposed to bring it down to the 53 players that teams cut to.

yeah i wonder that too. maybe in madden 14 they will add a practice squad feature! that would be cool

levious

Was thinking about this too, wouldn't make sense to give us a 53 man roster but have us play through preseason as well. I wonder if the new rosters will just be player attributes updated but everyone still has the training camp roster.

Nightz

What level are you now? I hit 51 yesterday. I gained 4 levels just from spending like 15 minutes leveling cooking from 1-225

Only 23. Taking my sweet time exploring and seeing everything. I love playing guardian but I'm thinking of creating an alt just to mess around with another class.

Sokantish

I don't think there's a point in power leveling... except for maybe doing WvWvW at max level. I love the PVP stuff, so I just want to get to 80 so I can get all the gear and spend all my time in the borderlands.

I got my engineer to like 14 or so and then I quit him. Switched to Guardian and its a lot more fun. I think I was playing Engineer wrong though since it was my first class. I didn't use any kits, which are a big part of the class. Whoops

Sanjuro

This is why I like it so much, I don't feel like I constantly have to play it to "get my money's worth"

No. I mean that I haven't put more than thirty minutes into the game. Gah.

Your mindset is the reason I did pull the trigger on the game though.

eznark

Banned
I don't think there's a point in power leveling... except for maybe doing WvWvW at max level. I love the PVP stuff, so I just want to get to 80 so I can get all the gear and spend all my time in the borderlands.

I got my engineer to like 14 or so and then I quit him. Switched to Guardian and its a lot more fun. I think I was playing Engineer wrong though since it was my first class. I didn't use any kits, which are a big part of the class. Whoops

Everyone in WvW is level 80 by default.

Sokantish

Yeah it levels you up to that, a real 80 is better. They're just making it more even, but with all the gear and skills you get by the time you're 80 it's probably not even close to being fair.

McNei1y

My guess about the updated rosters is that they'll add fake players to everyone's roster or something.

Then again, I wonder if the Redskins will have Cooley and Hightower in the league with the updated rosters... I guess time will tell.

Smokey

Hard to find a picture of him on field because he is always on the sidelines with a hamstring.

Such a perfect candidate to take shots you are:

images

images

eagles-vick-injuryjpg-9beb51d3e0aa9a85.jpg

images

images

Oh CB

Birdman02

I saw someone on OS post that Vilma shows up on the Saints roster after the Super Bowl in online CCM. Can any of you guys testing an online CCM let me know if that's true?

I'm assuming he won't get patched in for this season if his suspension is reduced to 8 games, but it'd be nice to know I'll have him back for season 2.

DCX

DCX
I saw someone on OS post that Vilma shows up on the Saints roster after the Super Bowl in online CCM. Can any of you guys testing an online CCM let me know if that's true?

I'm assuming he won't get patched in for this season if his suspension is reduced to 8 games, but it'd be nice to know I'll have him back for season 2.

thats like getting a free agent stud without having to pay for him

DCX

LiveWire

We should definitely play preseason games. 4 or 5 min quarters max. Who knows if EA will include this shit again next year? Might as well take full advantage at least the first season.

Birdman02

I've always preferred the 3-4, but it's felt broken to me in the last few versions of Madden. I've played a couple of games with it this year (only one on all-Madden), and I definitely like it so far.

Top Bottom