• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sanjuro

That pick 6 where I was trying to throw it to my FB was annoying but meh. I gave you a lot of chances to put me away!

I know I know.

The only thing that infuriated me was that Winslow TD. Work so hard to get a TD and the game just does me like that.

Sokantish

GG, I was pretty upset with how that game started. The first TD was an easy int so I switched to my guy to catch it and he just stands there and does nothing... then the returned punt right after that. Then a returned interception for like 90 yards the next quarter. I almost pulled off the comeback though!

DCX

DCX
GG, I was pretty upset with how that game started. The first TD was an easy int so I switched to my guy to catch it and he just stands there and does nothing... then the returned punt right after that. Then a returned interception for like 90 yards the next quarter. I almost pulled off the comeback though!

I figured i could coast after being up 20+ 7 ut you just wouldn't lay down. I didn't want to make it feel like i was pouring it on.

Lesson learned. Don't stop until at least 3 min in the fourth :p

DCX

The Life & Times of CB:

1. i lost because your d-line is overrated!
2. i lost because your LB's are overrated!
3. i lost because vick got injured!
4. i lost because it was windy and i can't throw deep!
5. i lost because you got BS fumbles!
6. i lost because your RB's can't be tackled!

there you go CB. after every loss you have this year just post with that # and we will know how you were wronged by the game

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Life & Times of Ramirez:

1. i lost because your d-line is overrated!
2. i lost because your LB's are overrated!
3. i lost because Ben got injured!
4. i lost because it was windy and i can't throw deep!
5. i lost because you got BS fumbles!
6. i lost because your RB's can't be tackled!

there you go Ram. after every loss you have this year just post with that # and we will know how you were wronged by the game

Hmmm.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lol he sneak attacked me with 15 MPH winds then tried to argue it has the same effect on his 10 yards or less offense as it does on my fuck it I'm going deep offense. The first time I tried to go to Mac who had a step on the DB it sailed like 20 yards over his head

Lol he sneak attacked me with 15 MPH winds then tried to argue it has the same effect on his 10 yards or less offense as it does on my fuck it I'm going deep offense. The first time I tried to go to Mac who had a step on the DB it sailed like 20 yards over his head

and who can forget the 4 picks you threw. wind blew them right to me!

McNei1y

So I have a job interview tomorrow. It'll be my first interview ever. My previous two jobs just added me on but this I need to talk to two interviewers. I don't know if it'll be a career job since it seems like it might be just for one year (so I'd be on a one year contract) but I'm still curious/interested/nervous none-the-less since I haven't had an interview yet. My aunt is interviewing me along with her co-worker but I don't care about that. I just want to go in with the best intentions of getting a job so I can make money dollah dollah bills yall...

I've been looking over their website, memorizing the details about the position I'd be in so when I go in tomorrow, I can answer anything/everything work related. I have also looked over past job interview questions but I don't know where such questions like "What are your strengths? Why should we hire you? etc" will come in but... still.

any tips?

eznark

Banned
I always liked it when interviewees asked me questions. Things like what are the goals for the company, what types of people are successful in this company, can I blow you.

Those girls generally got hired.

Sanjuro

So I have a job interview tomorrow. It'll be my first interview ever. My previous two jobs just added me on but this I need to talk to two interviewers. I don't know if it'll be a career job since it seems like it might be just for one year (so I'd be on a one year contract) but I'm still curious/interested/nervous none-the-less since I haven't had an interview yet. My aunt is interviewing me along with her co-worker but I don't care about that. I just want to go in with the best intentions of getting a job so I can make money dollah dollah bills yall...

I've been looking over their website, memorizing the details about the position I'd be in so when I go in tomorrow, I can answer anything/everything work related. I have also looked over past job interview questions but I don't know where such questions like "What are your strengths? Why should we hire you? etc" will come in but... still.

any tips?

waat

A job interview is like a post-game sports interview. You avoid giving any personal opinions, statements, feelings, anything and just stick with generic statements.

McNei1y

waat

A job interview is like a post-game sports interview. You avoid giving any personal opinions, statements, feelings, anything and just stick with generic statements.

Yeah, I'm 23 and haven't really been on the ball. I had a reoccurring summer job every year for about 8-9 years so I didn't need to do anything during the summer. The other job I had briefly pretty much just looked at my application and hired me.

At least I'll come out of the interview with some experience but I want to try and be 1 for 1!

So when you say be generic, if/when they ask "Why should we hire you?" I should just say bland stuff like "I work hard. I do work on time."?

Sanjuro

Yeah, I'm 23 and haven't really been on the ball. I had a reoccurring summer job every year for about 8-9 years so I didn't need to do anything during the summer. The other job I had briefly pretty much just looked at my application and hired me.

At least I'll come out of the interview with some experience but I want to try and be 1 for 1!

So when you say be generic, if/when they ask "Why should we hire you?" I should just say bland stuff like "I work hard. I do work on time."?

It depends on the person who is interviewing you. Normally, the interviewer is going to try and bait you into giving personal opinions and information. This in some cases ISN'T bad, but at the same time they can pick one thing they didn't like out and say "Fuck this kid / lol this kid".

Basically watch a Werth post-game interview and imagine doing it with anti-depressants.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yep, #3 was loss #2 against Peter Tanico and #6 was Clinton Portis' swan song 4 TD 275 yd performance in Madden 10.

I'm glad your two wins against me have given you memories for a lifetime. I remember nothing I've done against you other than beat you down season after season year after year.

Though thats over now because you were up 10 against mcnulty then let him get about 40 points unanswered :(

I hope Ramirez enjoys the two free wins as much as I did!

McNei1y

It depends on the person who is interviewing you. Normally, the interviewer is going to try and bait you into giving personal opinions and information. This in some cases ISN'T bad, but at the same time they can pick one thing they didn't like out and say "Fuck this kid / lol this kid".

Basically watch a Werth post-game interview and imagine doing it with anti-depressants.

Thanks! I'll make sure to follow this completely. Anything helps at this point.

Sanjuro

Thanks! I'll make sure to follow this completely. Anything helps at this point.

np. The most important area is job history which I'm referring to. Same rule applies. Pretend you are A-Gon and sweet talking Boston after the trade to every job you had.

Incredible experience, lot of fantastic people, did some great things. Don't say anything even resembling a negative thought.

I always liked it when interviewees asked me questions. Things like what are the goals for the company, what types of people are successful in this company, can I blow you.

Those girls generally got hired.

I think I snagged my first internship at the courthouse by being proactive in the interview stages and such.

It's not that bad Mcneily. I can't believe it's your first interview, but be confident and don't waiver in your answers and resolve. Know a little bit about the company and be sure to outline any strengths or talents you think you could provide and positively affect the company. Or just remind your Aunt you are family and ask her if she wants Thanksgiving to be awkward this year

McNei1y

np. The most important area is job history which I'm referring to. Same rule applies. Pretend you are A-Gon and sweet talking Boston after the trade to every job you had.

Incredible experience, lot of fantastic people, did some great things. Don't say anything even resembling a negative thought.
I think I snagged my first internship at the courthouse by being proactive in the interview stages and such.

It's not that bad Mcneily. I can't believe it's your first interview, but be confident and don't waiver in your answers and resolve. Know a little bit about the company and be sure to outline any strengths or talents you think you could provide and positively affect the company. Or just remind your Aunt you are family and ask her if she wants Thanksgiving to be awkward this year

Thanks guys.

This is great information.

if they ask you a question just be clear and concise. don't say "um, uhhhhhhhhhh" a bunch, it's annoying. the other thing that is horribly annoying is when people say "like i think this, like i think that" or if they keep using the same phrase over and over: "I mean its something i've done" "I mean i had experience"

basically just listen to how most athletes do interviews and don't do that in regards to the actual speech of the interview. i guess you can be generic in your answers but if you're too generic it comes off like shit

LukeSmith

basically just listen to how most athletes do interviews and don't do that in regards to the actual speech of the interview. i guess you can be generic in your answers but if you're too generic it comes off like shit

igmRF.jpg

Trasher

I just tried imagining FMT in an interview. All I can picture is him yelling "GO NINERS BIIITCCCHHHH" and walking out of the room.

I just tried imagining FMT in an interview. All I can picture is him yelling "GO NINERS BIIITCCCHHHH" and walking out of the room.

in my interview for my current job in 2006 i did talk shit to my future boss since he was a giants fan. we talked about our teams for a bit of the interview and i said alex smith would be 10 times the QB that eli manning would be and alex would win a playoff game before eli ever played in one.

yeah.....

p.s.

i went to work in blackface

bluemax

Banned
90% of the job interviews I've had ask the same questions. So if you want advice on how to prepare for a junior/mid level game programmer interview I will gladly help you!

LJ11

Good game Wellie, ridiculous pressure. Made my own share of fuck ups, but I was getting hit often, blowing right by my tackles.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Good game Wellie, ridiculous pressure. Made my own share of fuck ups, but I was getting hit often, blowing right by my tackles.

JPP is a monster this year. He's constantly in the backfield, it's crazy.

I don;t know what it is against you but Cruz loves catching passes through your defenders.

LJ11

JPP is a monster this year. He's constantly in the backfield, it's crazy.

I don;t know what it is against you but Cruz loves catching passes through your defenders.

Steve Johnson was doing that shit the first couple of days I got the game, but I haven't been able to do it since. Plus I'm afraid of the int. And yeah, JPP was dynamite. Had a couple of knock downs, looked like he was hovering in the air.

My RT wasn't even engaging at times. On that one long drive I was slide protection one way and chipping on the other side, but only had 3 options to throw to on the side I was sliding. Sick pressure. Your LBs are pretty quick too, kept shooting in quickly. Had a rough go of it for sure.

Sanjuro

GG eznark. Glad the snow game didn't affect the connection or anything like in prior seasons.

Gg sanj, I cannot wait til the season starts so I can stop trying to figure out how to run with this team.

we're in the same boat. I need a decent RB. Starting to get into a rhythm with Ridley though.

Trasher

I just won the Lions. I will do my best to rep them well, Goldy.

You shoulda stayed to play the second half. I mean I was so desperate that I put the DRAGON in!

Goldy knocked Stafford out of the game with a broken arm haha. Classic Glass.

Top Bottom