• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LukeSmith

The games only count from a disconnect if it's in the 2nd half. Here's the workaround to prevent it from counting:
  1. Play in CCM until the 2nd half
  2. Have one user turn off their console
  3. When the user still in the game gets the message to quit; turn off the console

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You both have super teams and nothing to gain by waiting. Both of your teams can only get worse and therefore your votes are tainted!

If we start before the Roster Update, don't worry everyone. I'll make the real league once they come out.

so another year of "neogaffe"?

Ramirez

The games only count from a disconnect if it's in the 2nd half. Here's the workaround to prevent it from counting:
  1. Play in CCM until the 2nd half
  2. Have one user turn off their console
  3. When the user still in the game gets the message to quit; turn off the console

"Accept results and quit game?"

yes

LukeSmith

Yeah Xbl would randomly log me out, I wasn't getting lag!

And if you get disconnected in the 2nd half right now you just get an auto loss (the player who disconnects) in CCM, regardless of the score.

Unless the person in your game turns their box off immediately upon receiving the "FMT's Xbox Live Disconnected him again" Message

LukeSmith

Current list:

AFC East -

Bills - LJ
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Pheeniks Vs. Drizzler
Pats - Sanjuro

North -

Steelers - Ramirez
Ravens - livewire
Browns - storybook
Bengals - Splat

South -

Colts - luke
Titans - somnia
Jags - drizzler/phee
Texans - Smokey

West -

Broncos - Crow
Raiders - Rors
Chiefs - daw
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East -

Eagles - CB
Redskins - mcneily
Cowboys - levious
giants - bigat vs. wellington

North -

Packers - eznark
Bears - mrbob
vikings - sokantish
lions - Trasher

South -

Bucs - DM
Saints - birdman
falcons - dcx
panthers - gcq

West -

49ers - fmt
rams - bigat/wellington
seahawks - bluemax
cards - cola

Splat

They should be shared rosters, right?:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre

The next roster update for Madden NFL 13 will be out on Saturday morning. Details on the update coming Friday.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I feel like we can at least talk about starting before. They already said there will be no rating changes. And we gotta cut guys in CCM anyway. For things like the Vontae trade we could to that ourselves.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
fuck waiting, if we play four or more seasons these minor changes won't matter.

Splat

I feel like we can at least talk about starting before. They already said there will be no rating changes. And we gotta cut guys in CCM anyway. For things like the Vontae trade we could to that ourselves.

They said there won't be MANY ratings changes, not none.

Nightz

Here's your update on the rosters:

The second Madden NFL 13 roster update will be available for download on the Xbox 360 and PS3 on Saturday morning. The update will reflect the final 53 man rosters of all 32 NFL teams. Details regarding the update will be available Friday morning.

The initial 75 man preseason rosters that were released with Madden NFL 13 will continue to be available for offline and online Connected Careers so that fans who want to manage the final roster of their team can do so. Final 53 man rosters will also be made available early next week for offline and online Connected Careers giving users the choice to use either roster when starting their Connected Careers experience.

McNei1y

So the real question is, should we be given the option on who we want to cut and what not?

Also, I think players ratings in CCM are already different compared to what they are online.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I guess we put it to a vote. Start now or wait another week? I'm kind of indifferent. I feel like these roster changes are mostly just cuts we can make ourselves. And any attribute changes are minimal. But I understand the people who would want to wait. The power is yours!

LiveWire

Saturday seems like for just ranked games?

http://t.co/J1oyJ7IT

Hmm, so I guess that means if we start the franchise with the 53-man rosters we won't be playing preseason games...so it seems like our options are:

1) Play with current rosters (75-man), play 4 preseason games among the league and level up our own talent as we see fit, while ignoring real-life injuries (but not suspensions or pre-existing trades) and of course dealing with whatever default player ratings we're currently using

2) Play with new 53-man rosters, skip preseason, begin season 2 with full draft, FA, and 75-man rosters for 4 preseason games.

Tough call. I'm kinda leaning to option 1.

Mrbob

I'm going to vote to wait, because I'm really busy until about next Monday or Tuesday and would rather dedicate my free time tonight to playing Guild Wars 2 than dealing with extra pre season garbage for Madden.

Mrbob

Thanks Sok! I knew we would always be friends!

Don't forget the NFL opening game is tonight too. Democratic National Convention messing up the typical Thursday Night kickoff!

I rather have the 75 man and make my own cuts.

DCX

Isn't this reason enough to wait? DCX will bury his Falcons before the regular season starts!

eznark

Banned
I'm going to vote to wait because hopefully a patch comes out to fix the minor issues in the interim, and we may as well start with real teams.

LiveWire

VOTE LIST:

CB (abstains)

WAIT (53-Man rosters, Season starts Monday--or later)

MrBob
eznark
sokantish

START (75-man rosters, Season starts Friday/Saturday after patch hits)

LiveWire
DCX
FMT
levious
Trasher
mcneily
Ramirez

I vote to start now with the stipulation that any major signings or trades go through. Fins would have to trade vontae for z 2nd and 6th, packers get benson from FA, etc

Much better to let us make the cuts we want anyways!

Top Bottom