• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

DCX

DCX
Does total control passing work for everyone? Is it a user feature or are more skilled qbs have it work all the time?

DCX

LJ11

it works for me usually but I find it sometimes lets the WR rocket to the ball ahead of the corner, kinda shitty

If you want to throw certain routes it's the only way to get your receiver open. Agree with you that it messes with the defensive AI, I've seen DBs hesitate/back off if I lead the ball into certain areas. It's honestly broken.

If you want to throw certain routes it's the only way to get your receiver open. Agree with you that it messes with the defensive AI, I've seen DBs hesitate/back off if I lead the ball into certain areas. It's honestly broken.

It basically takes the logic that used to help CB's make cheese plays in terms of anticipating ball routes with eyes behind their heads and gives it to the receivers instead. It incapacitates CB A.I because they can't turn around and locate the ball but the receivers somehow do a great job of anticipating balls that are lead way outside of their routes.

I prefer it over what we've had. It's better than not even being able to play football like a legit quarterback like in virtually every other game up until now. It just makes your use of the DB's that much more important because if you don't know how you can get carved up by basically anyone with simple knowledge of basic offensive concepts.

LJ11

It basically takes the logic that used to help CB's make cheese plays in terms of anticipating ball routes with eyes behind their heads and gives it to the receivers instead. It incapacitates CB A.I because they can't turn around and locate the ball but the receivers somehow do a great job of anticipating balls that are lead way outside of their routes.

I prefer it over what we've had. It's better than not even being able to play football like a legit quarterback like in virtually every other game up until now. It just makes your use of the DB's that much more important because if you don't know how you can get carved up by basically anyone with simple knowledge of basic offensive concepts.

Agree with you in some ways, not so much in others. There's one particular way to throw a route open that worked last year, and works the same way this year, that isn't realistic at all. It really comes down to the way the free safety behaves, and he hesitates for whatever reason. I'm squeezing the ball into spots that would normally be intercepted.

On the other hand, I've never thrown this many picks, though I'm just throwing into tighter windows because I know you can throw it by the DB even if he's in tight coverage.

Nothing's perfect. Really wonder what a top flight QB could do.

Pretty excited at the possibility of you joining Da South and going 0-8 not gonna lie

If I get in you won't see the playoffs unless its a card spot.

Agree with you in some ways, not so much in others. There's one particular way to throw a route open that worked last year, and works the same way this year, that isn't realistic at all. It really comes down to the way the free safety behaves, and he hesitates for whatever reason. I'm squeezing the ball into spots that would normally be intercepted.

On the other hand, I've never thrown this many picks, though I'm just throwing into tighter windows because I know you can throw it by the DB even if he's in tight coverage.

Nothing's perfect. Really wonder what a top flight QB could do.

Seems like instead of spectacular cheese ints we're getting a lot of ints on balls that would almost always just be batted down. It seems to balance itself out anyway. I've yet to throw an int I felt wasn't legitimate though.

LJ11

Seems like instead of spectacular cheese ints we're getting a lot of ints on balls that would almost always just be batted down. It seems to balance itself out anyway. I've yet to throw an int I felt wasn't legitimate though.

I think you're right about that actually, excluding the user ints against helpless WRs that watch the ball get intercepted because we can't manually catch. However, I have become more liberal with my throws because I feel I can get away with more bad mistakes/decisions.

Smokey

If I get in you won't see the playoffs unless its a card spot.

Fear the Gabbert

The dbs make realistic plays at times and other times they are dumb as rocks. I'm fine with the DB AI because you can actually attempt tight throws and not be raped by ints all game but there are times where it's frustrating that you call the perfect D but your secondary player doesn't react properly. Oh well!

Fear the Gabbert

It's not how you start...

blaine-gabbert-blog-1.jpg

But how you finish .

LiveWire

I like this guy. Is he our ????? replacement?

Smokey

SmokeyEntertainment (SME) have released its tentatively scheduled* broadcast games on the SmokeyTV streaming channel for the upcoming Madden 13 season:

Week 1 - Dolphins (pheeniks)
Week 4 - Titans (Somnia)
Week 6 - Packers (eznark)
Week 8 - Bills (LJ)
Week 10 - Jags (Drizzie or DF)
Week 11 - Lions (Trashbucket)
Week 13 - Patriots (Sanjuro)
Week 16 - Colts (LukeSmith)

*SME reserves the right to flex schedule any games this season

First timers to the program: Somnia, eznark, LJ, Dark Faze (maybe), Trashbucket, and Sanjuro

Not all 16 games will be broadcasted, however all 16 games will be saved to my HDD for protection purposes and/or evidence in future potential litigations.

eznark

Banned
Didn't we do one last year? Either way, excited to be hitting prime time again!

AMERICA'S TEAM!

We should start but I vote Drizzler still gets his team.

Trasher

Didn't we do one last year? Either way, excited to be hitting prime time again!

AMERICA'S TEAM!

We should start but I vote Drizzler still gets his team.

I'm so excited that I finally get the chance to take 20 years of Lions disappointment/frustration out on you two times every season. It will be a great release for me!

Colasante

Due to fear of the Shadow Council, the Patriots have backed out of the trade for Larry Fitzgerald. He remains on the trading block.

DCX

DCX
No rating changes on the 53 man rosters. We should just start tonight and make cuts from the 75 man.

So dumb.

DCX

Top Bottom