• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

jergrah

ok and what happens if i turn injuries off and someone DOES join or drop later?

Our experience - once we turned injuries On, they would work during the game. After that, if commish transferred or a player joined the league, left the league or did the retire/ immediate rejoin option it would wipe all injuries and you'd be back to a clean slate.

Swapping commish also wipes the Twitter and FB links if you have them setup.

Mrbob

I guarantee Gamestop didn't come close to selling out launch allocations. They'll open up pre orders again when Nintendo lets them know exactly how many systems they are getting.

as for free agency, i'm not sure how we'll handle it yet. i like the idea of a free-for-all but then i don't like the idea that whoever happens to be online at that time can just sign up all the talent.

then i was thinking i could randomly draw names for a FA "draft order" (i have no desire for any FA's, so i would be #32 by default!)

i also thought about waiting until week 5 like we did last year and letting worst team select first, to the best team selecting last.

what do you bro's think

McNei1y

Has the lg started aka can we play games or are we still waiting? Just curious.

As for FA, I don't mind a draft order type thing. There's really only one player I want from there, though.

Rorschach

as for free agency, i'm not sure how we'll handle it yet. i like the idea of a free-for-all but then i don't like the idea that whoever happens to be online at that time can just sign up all the talent.

then i was thinking i could randomly draw names for a FA "draft order" (i have no desire for any FA's, so i would be #32 by default!)

i also thought about waiting until week 5 like we did last year and letting worst team select first, to the best team selecting last.

what do you bro's think

I'm for free-for-all. That said, if we do the ol' draft, I want to do it ASAP this time. I'm sick of waiting for shit. Let's get rolling. Just assign a random order. We can do one round and then free-for-all that bitch at a time when most are around.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm for free-for-all. That said, if we do the ol' draft, I want to do it ASAP this time. I'm sick of waiting for shit. Let's get rolling. Just assign a random order. We can do one round and then free-for-all that bitch at a time when most are around.

I nominate Rors for Commish.

Sokantish

Or you could just let rinse join tomorrow and start today anyway

Hey give Bob a break, he scored some goals for our team last night

the problem with the draft order for FA is that obviously some of these people wont be signed into the league within the next hour and a half, so the CPU will just start cutting and signing players which kind of defeats the purpose

DCX

DCX
Why not just make a draft order from worst rated team to best. Some people wont have cap room to sign anyone anyway. We could get through it fairly fast.

The week five order of worst record to best would be good also. I agree with FMT. The time to be patient is over.

DCX

Why not just make a draft order from worst rated team to best. Some people wont have cap room to sign anyone anyway. We could get through it fairly fast.

The week five order of worst record to best would be good also. I agree with FMT. The time to be patient is over.

DCX

because no one knows exactly who the worst rated team actually is with the weird ratings things that dont matter

jergrah

We used ESPNs Power Rankings for our FA draft.

And if you guys get stuck without a Jags owner I'd happily join in and use that shit team :)

DMczaf

Never start a coop game with MrBob.

We've been on the last level of Fear 3 for 2 weeks now because he won't finish it. THE GAME IS 4 HOURS LONG!

MrBob, bad for the league, bad for America.

I'm DMczaf and I approve this message.

free agency will not stop us from playing immediately. however, i have decided we will do a FA draft. 1 round, and then it's a FFA after that. the order of the draft will be determined by the team ratings, which i will post in just a moment.

Somnia

At this point I say just let people sign FA's as soon as the league starts, it may not be 100% fair, but there is a salary cap for a reason. It's not our fault people aren't around!

edit: FMT beat me to the post, I can live with that. I just think we should put a timer on it, people cant take 24+ hours for their pick at FA

DCX

DCX
We have to keep 53 min all year round correct? ( Ram rule )

I have 63 on my roster so i will cut down in the mean time.

DCX

DMczaf

glass-house-1.jpg

Somnia

I have 63 on my roster so i will cut down in the mean time.

DCX

I don't know for sure, but I think it doesn't allow you to go under 53, but you can have more than 53 up to a certain point in online CCM

Rorschach

The game doesn't let you play if you have less than a 53 man roster or less than the number of required players per position. You don't need to police that.

91 – Green Bay Packers
91 – New England Patriots
90 – New York Giants
89 – San Francisco 49ers
88 – Baltimore Ravens
88 – Houston Texans
87 – Pittsburgh Steelers
86 – Philadelphia Eagles
86 – Detroit Lions
85 – Denver Broncos
85 – Dallas Cowboys
85 – New Orleans Saints
84 – Cincinnati Bengals
84 – Atlanta Falcons
83 – Chicago Bears
83 – San Diego Chargers
82 – New York Jets
81 – Tennessee Titans
80 – Buffalo Bills
80 – Seattle Seahawks
79 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
79 – Kansas City Chiefs
79 – Carolina Panthers
78 – Arizona Cardinals
77 – Jacksonville Jaguars
77 – Washington Redskins
76 – Oakland Raiders
75 – Cleveland Browns
75 – Miami Dolphins
73 – Indianapolis Colts
72 – St. Louis Rams
72 – Minnesota Vikings

there is the draft order from bottom to top! (vikings will get the first selection, then rams, etc)

LukeSmith

If any of the CPU teams who aren't signed in cut good players, or try and trade with you - do not.

It's just going to make even more of a headache when these guys do finally sign in. So don't be a shithead

Rorschach

Don't start signing now because the CPU is lurkin'. We have to wait for everyone to sign in. BUT! you can pick now. You're on the clock, Soka!

Top Bottom