• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sokantish

They're not that bad. Put the team in a competent staff's hands and they'd be pretty good. Good enough to beat the dolphins, anyway.

Palmer seems way too cautious now, McFadden doesn't seem to be able to run with the ZBS or maybe it's something else I dunno. I guess both of those could be on the coaches. The corners though should have at least pressured Hartline sometime today! I don't think the Raiders are as bad as the Chiefs though... I can't believe so many people picked the Chiefs as the favorite to win the division

Rorschach

Palmer seems way too cautious now, McFadden doesn't seem to be able to run with the ZBS or maybe it's something else I dunno. I guess both of those could be on the coaches. The corners though should have at least pressured Hartline sometime today! I don't think the Raiders are as bad as the Chiefs though... I can't believe so many people picked the Chiefs as the favorite to win the division

Hanson and Lee were scared of getting beat deep by Hartline who can't even run. They were playing off him by 10+ yards at least. It shows how clueless the staff is that they didn't put someone else over there and that they had them play off by that much even with safety help like Hartline is prime Randy Moss. They were also the ones who missed tackles to let Bush stumble into the end zone. The other run was on Branch taking a terrible angle. The whole team besides our DEs seem like they don't understand what containment is.

McFadden's problem is that they don't get him going. He gets carries once in a while in the middle of all these Palmer dropbacks. Also, he said from the beginning he wasn't a fan of zone blocking. He likes power running. He's done both in the past and he prefers power running. Knapp treats this like a passing team, but the options he gives Palmer are pretty weak. He gets to the red zone and loses his mind.

Palmer is hesitant, but I thought he was less so today... EXCEPT on that would be TD to McFAdden. WTF was he thinking? I was yelling at my TV as the play was developing. THROW THE DAMN BALL!

Sokantish

The McFadden TD was really bad, he waited so long to throw it that by the time he did McFadden must have thought he wasn't going to throw it to him because he usually doesn't drop stuff like that.

Rorschach

The McFadden TD was really bad, he waited so long to throw it that by the time he did McFadden must have thought he wasn't going to throw it to him because he usually doesn't drop stuff like that.

I think he looked away because he figured at that point he might have to stop or turn to not hit the sidelines. He's got great hands.

bluemax

Banned
Does anyone else find this years Madden intro with Ray Lewis talking about "they always told me I was too small, not good enough" etc to be really stupid? The guy was a fucking High School All American, got recruited by big time programs and went Miami when Miami was still good, he started as a true freshman, and was a first round draft choice. If I was gonna pick a guy who overcame critics to excel I wouldn't pick Ray Lewis.

And now I see on Wikipedia that his size was actually considered a downsize when he was in the draft, so I guess I'm wrong!

BigAT

Does anyone else find this years Madden intro with Ray Lewis talking about "they always told me I was too small, not good enough" etc to be really stupid? The guy was a fucking High School All American, got recruited by big time programs and went Miami when Miami was still good, he started as a true freshman, and was a first round draft choice. If I was gonna pick a guy who overcame critics to excel I wouldn't pick Ray Lewis.

And now I see on Wikipedia that his size was actually considered a downsize when he was in the draft, so I guess I'm wrong!

Yeah, it's really stupid. There's a Tim Tebow commercial that has a similar tone, something to the effect of "they said I couldn't do it in high school, they said I couldn't do it in college..."

Meanwhile he's a 5-star recruit, #1 dual threat QB recruit in the nation, significant snaps as a true freshman at one of the best colleges in the nation, first round draft pick. Get the fuck out of here with this desperately manufactured chip on the shoulder bullshit.

Rorschach

Yeah, it's really stupid. There's a Tim Tebow commercial that has a similar tone, something to the effect of "they said I couldn't do it in high school, they said I couldn't do it in college..."

Meanwhile he's a 5-star recruit, #1 dual threat QB recruit in the nation, significant snaps as a true freshman at one of the best colleges in the nation, first round draft pick. Get the fuck out of here with this desperately manufactured chip on the shoulder bullshit.

The Tebow one annoyed the piss out of me. THOU SHALT NOT LIE YOU SON OF A BITCH!

LJ11

During my game my D was getting fatigued pretty quickly, but the one thing I noticed was the guys that took rating hits were spent quicker than the ones that did not. May be a coincidence, found it strange. Guess I have to spend points on that gatorade stamina!

Rorschach

During my game my D was getting fatigued pretty quickly, but the one thing I noticed was the guys that took rating hits were spent quicker than the ones that did not. May be a coincidence, found it strange. Guess I have to spend points on that gatorade stamina!

It's because of auto run being turned off. It makes all your defensive players tire out faster. It's not just the one you're controlling, but that one tires out even faster.

LJ11

It's because of auto run being turned off. It makes all your defensive players tire out faster. It's not just the one you're controlling, but that one tires out even faster.

Wait, what? I don't understand, should I understand or this some stupid EA shit?

Rorschach

Wait, what? I don't understand, should I understand or this some stupid EA shit?
EA stuff.

Auto sprint off means your defensive players tire out faster. It might have to do with switching around when you are making tackles, but the entire defense yellows and reds out faster. The player you control most tires out the fastest.

LJ11

EA stuff.

Auto sprint off means your defensive players tire out faster. It might have to do with switching around when you are making tackles, but the entire defense yellows and reds out faster. The player you control most tires out the fastest.

Hmm, strange part is that I was using the MLB Sheppard, and I don't recall having him subbed, would've noticed I think. It was Dareus who was spent much too quickly, and he took the biggest ratings hit so it stuck out.

Thanks for the info though. Are you dudes spending progression points right away or what?

Rorschach

Hmm, strange part is that I was using the MLB Sheppard, and I don't recall having him subbed, would've noticed I think. It was Dareus who was spent much too quickly, and he took the biggest ratings hit so it stuck out.

Thanks for the info though. Are you dudes spending progression points right away or what?

I spent all my McFadden points on injury and carry ratings lol

He fumbles every game on small hits.

LiveWire

pm'd LiveWire, maybe he's passed out or somethin'

Just sent you a PM. I have a work meeting starting at 5PM tomorrow (Monday) night so I will have to play around 7PM Pacific (maybe earlier if the meeting ends early, but probably won't).

Just a heads up in advance I will be gone again this coming weekend (21-24). Wedding season is dominating my schedule. So I will play my next game and if we have an advance to week 3 by Thu night I will play that Thu night, otherwise I won't be able to play again until next Tuesday.

Regarding the Drizz situation even though I'm not really involved I made a post that FMT agreed to that whoever won between myself and rinse would give the team back to Drizz if he
arrived by 5:30 CT...judging byDrizz's post at 5:50 CT he missed the cut off by about 20 minutes, so I feel as if rinse should be able to keep the Jags.

I propose the waiting list get an official order at this point.

1. Drizz
2. Dark FaZe

notifications go out via PM and have a 24 hour wait time before the next man up gets the opportunity no ifs and or buts if you missed out when your name was called.

Just trying to throw in my 2 cents

Regarding the Drizz situation even though I'm not really involved I made a post that FMT agreed to that whoever won between myself and rinse would give the team back to Drizz if he
arrived by 5:30 CT...judging byDrizz's post at 5:50 CT he missed the cut off by about 20 minutes, so I feel as if rinse should be able to keep the Jags.

I propose the waiting list get an official order at this point.

1. Drizz
2. Dark FaZe

notifications go out via PM and have a 24 hour wait time before the next man up gets the opportunity no ifs and or buts if you missed out when your name was called.

Just trying to throw in my 2 cents

i have already spoken to drizz about the situation via PM. he would be the next in line for a team and then you dark.

Top Bottom