• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

eznark

Banned
because eznark when you make a new coach it automatically goes to west coast and spread scheme I think, everyone has the same scheme right now

So if we had all just picked the actual coaches of our teams everything would be fine? Why didn't we do that then, commish, you incompetent fuckwit!!?

Also, I am laughing so hard hearing sok's soothing voice patiently explain this idiotic system to me.

eznark

Banned
We should start over. And wait for next week's rosters.

nod.gif

So if we had all just picked the actual coaches of our teams everything would be fine? Why didn't we do that then, commish, you incompetent fuckwit!!?

Also, I am laughing so hard hearing sok's soothing voice patiently explain this idiotic system to me.

Don't blame me. I was fine rolling with harbs but Luke and co wanted generic created coaches!

Ramirez

Interesting...I would actually be down to starting over & using real coaches. I feel like this stuff has to have some impact on the game, other wise what's the point?

LJ11

What I don't get is why, if I am the Packers and using the exact same rosters as are available right now, my connected career team is rated so much lower than the Packers I would randomly pick in an online game. What the flying fuck is the difference, I didn't change the damn scheme!

It's the retarded Strategy section.

Lets take Fred Jackson, if I select Power Back as my HB1, his rating drops significantly because he's not a power back (low truck rating). Once I select one cut, he moves up near 90.

Everything is probably set to balanced, so you have to go in and mess around with it. Who wants to do that shit, no one really.

No matter what I select for Dareus he's a 78, so I guess the only option is to trade him!

Interesting...I would actually be down to starting over & using real coaches. I feel like this stuff has to have some impact on the game, other wise what's the point?

Game doesn't need to be restarted. We could decide to rehire those coaches if we wanted.

Sorry ram, nothing will change your week 1 loss

eznark

Banned

Lets take Fred Jackson, if I select Power Back as my HB1, his rating drops significantly because he's not a power back (low truck rating). Once I select one cut, he moves up near 90.

Everything is probably set to balanced, so you have to go in and mess around with it. Who wants to do that shit, no one really.

No matter what I select for Dareus he's a 78, so I guess the only option is to trade him!

That seems like so much work. On one hand I feel like EA gave us exactly what we asked for on the other hand, who the fuck would listen to me when designing a God damned video game?!

We should move the league to the Vita, where franchise still exists!

TheCrow

I kinda like it. :(

It wouldn't stop you from throwing so many picks.

LJ11

But is the strategy area really doing anything besides putting more weight on X attribute?

Take my RT for instances, if I set pass blocker as my preference he moves up to an 84, his run blocking attributes don't change, but does his pass blocking actually improve? I have no clue.

My RG moves up near the mid 80s as well if I label him a Mauler because of his impact blocking, does that make him a better RG in general?

Do specific ratings drop or is it just the overall?

Seems like the overall just goes up, but I'm not sure what the actual implications are if any.

TheCrow

But is the strategy area really doing anything besides putting more weight on X attribute?

Take my RT for instances, if I set pass blocker as my preference he moves up to an 84, his run blocking attributes don't change, but does his pass blocking actually improve? I have no clue.

My RG moves up near the mid 80s as well if I label him a Mauler because of his impact blocking, does that make him a better RG in general?
Isn't that the definition of having a preference at any position. For example, I prefer a run blocking RT so it makes sense that his run blocking attributes are weighted more.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fair warning. Im going to wait until my first loss then try to petition to restart the league too.

LukeSmith

What I don't get is why, if I am the Packers and using the exact same rosters as are available right now, my connected career team is rated so much lower than the Packers I would randomly pick in an online game. What the flying fuck is the difference, I didn't change the damn scheme!

Yeah, the schemes/ratings business is a bit misleading.

LJ explained a bunch of it above

The way this SHOULD have worked and may be supposed to work is this:

A coach can set two things per position on the Schemes page:
1. Set what TYPE of player you want at a position, 3-4 rusher, 3-4 run stopper, whatever
2. Set the weighting that YOU put on that position in terms of star value.

Those two configurations should have result in what your "scheme" is. It'd be a pretty complicated matrix, but nothing an afternoon of excel wouldn't have been able to finish.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I would be too, it'd be like week 1 never happened!

eznark

Banned
Fair warning. Im going to wait until my first loss then try to petition to restart the league too.

I assume this was meant to be an IM to Luke and FMT?

A coach can set two things per position on the Schemes page:
1. Set what TYPE of player you want at a position, 3-4 rusher, 3-4 run stopper, whatever
2. Set the weighting that YOU put on that position in terms of star value.

So it doesn't actually change how good the player is, correct?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its just a system for people who cant read ratings other than the OVR. Im not quite sure about the confusion. Its not well designed (Nothing about EA's games is. See NHL menu's) but its not that confusing either

DCX

DCX
I don't get why he is so pissed? Is it just because Crow used Josh Johnson?
Lol we all know its his pressure point. Hey blew up when Colt ran wild on him. Luke and Manning.

Maybe Crow signing a dude to exploit that weakness for him was brilliant.

DCX

Ramirez

Nah I work till 6:30 everyday. Would tomorrow be different or also 11:30?

I could possibly play tomorrow at 5:30 EST, I'll probably be knee deep into BL2 tomorrow night. :p

I could see if my wife is cool with me playing at 10 tonight, probably won't be though.

As for all of the jokes, I'd forfeit my week 1 game, I want to play Crow again about as much as Luke wants to praise Halo 4.

It wouldn't stop you from throwing so many picks.

Didn't I just throw 2?

I don't get why he is so pissed? Is it just because Crow used Josh Johnson?

I'm not pissed, at all. I just stated my opinion on the subject and everyone took it to the extreme of course. Just another day in the life!

TheCrow

I felt I did fairly decent passing wise considering you could basically sit in a Velcro 9 for 3/4 of the game.
Had to since your playbook puts your #1 WR on my lower rated DBs, so I pulled someone off the d-line for double coverage across the middle.

eznark

Banned
Oh my God they are making that aliens game. I feel like I should start a Kickstarter to buy a bullet to put them out of their misery.

Just make Kohan 3 with a Halo skin. Boom, instant awesome.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
We aren't restarting the league with actual coaches, they have super ratings and it fucks with the progression. Suck a dick, everyone

Correct

but, expectations/goals are higher and people would be more likely to get fired. It would have been interesting.

has bluemax been around today? I'd rather not play tonight because of real football, but let me know what you would prefer.

Nightz, you might get player xp, but no coaches xp for any simmed game.

McNei1y

I think the schemes actually will help in the long run like signing FAs and drafting players. It might not show now because your current players dont match YOUR scheme but it could possibly help in finding those draftees through scouting and what not.

Ferny

Ram lets play tonight at 11:30 tonight then. If we can get it done with before Borderlands day...I mean Tuesday, that would work out better.

Top Bottom