• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LJ11

Good game LJ.

Damn, I was right in there for the first half then just fell apart. I swear to GOD I made that first FG.

Good game, sorry about pausing early in the game, had to take a call.

I think what killed you were some of those drops, it was pretty strange. It wasn't in traffic, guys were pretty open, they would just drop well thrown passes. Killed at least two drives while the game was close. You stuffed my run game pretty good in that first half.

Edit: Is EA going to put any stats on the website. We need sable script.

LiveWire

I'm absolutely slammed schedule-wise for the next 2-3 weeks and will focus at minimum getting my games in as much and as quickly as I can to try and prevent holding up the league. I might have to miss out on NHL too, at least until mid-October. ;( I played Splat and it seemed to be OK to advance despite me not clicking "Ready to Advance." I haven't had any time to look at the coaching/GM options in this yet, what are we required to do/what is optional? Is there a franchise website like in NCAA w/scouting, etc?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
good game wellie. It's going to be a long season with all of these turnovers and what not.

gg. The two picks by Laurinaitis did you one. The first one was a backbreaker right before the half. I didn't think I could keep up defensively but I got really lucky. JL making a strong push for DPOW.

Man I am wholly obsessed with this game in so far as the practices, progression, scouting, and just the overall minutia of the CCM. Right now I have the 32 ranked D (believe me, I am doing what I can with what I have), but I know I can improve on it with work. The Rams high flying offense is saving my ass.

DCX

DCX
gg. The two picks by Laurinaitis did you one. The first one was a backbreaker right before the half. I didn't think I could keep up defensively but I got really lucky. JL making a strong push for DPOW.

Man I am wholly obsessed with this game in so far as the practices, progression, scouting, and just the overall minutia of the CCM.

thumbs up! So am I. Now if EA can clean up the little shit and give us back some of the little things they took away ( jersey number edits and transaction recaps ) it would be just about perfect.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Man I am wholly obsessed with this game in so far as the practices, progression, scouting, and just the overall minutia of the CCM.

220px-Posternotebook.jpg

Somnia

Tomorrow should be fine, though I might get home a little later than 6 PST.

I'm absolutely slammed schedule-wise for the next 2-3 weeks and will focus at minimum getting my games in as much and as quickly as I can to try and prevent holding up the league. I might have to miss out on NHL too, at least until mid-October. ;( I played Splat and it seemed to be OK to advance despite me not clicking "Ready to Advance." I haven't had any time to look at the coaching/GM options in this yet, what are we required to do/what is optional? Is there a franchise website like in NCAA w/scouting, etc?

Sadly the website is really poorly designed.

Basically you need to scout rookies that you might be interested in and you can upgrade your players as they gain XP (and buy stuff as a coach, like during FA next year when we have to bid for players they are more likely to come to you,etc.) Thankfully for someone with not a lot of time you can just progress the players you want and let the CPU do the rest by selecting that option at the main screen.

I'm sure you'll be busy for awhile with the launch coming up though!

bluemax

Banned
but, expectations/goals are higher and people would be more likely to get fired. It would have been interesting.

has bluemax been around today? I'd rather not play tonight because of real football, but let me know what you would prefer.

Nightz, you might get player xp, but no coaches xp for any simmed game.

I can go in about 30 minutes if you want. Just let me know what time works for you.

McNei1y

Was he running figure 8's around your defenders?

Hahah nah. Everything was straight up. It just doesn't look like I'll do much, based off these first two games. Morris is fumbling the ball even though he's got the best carry on the team, and he's a power back. I may have to switch back to Helu. I'm also getting destroyed on the passing game. It seems like I can't find a guy open... and if I do, it'll be for a short second or two before a defender comes in and swats it.

I'm playing some good defense, but there will be 1 play that screws me up. Like Kellen Winslow was destroying me all day, even though I knew he was getting the looks. If I'm there, he'll catch, turn, and truck the shit out of my defenders.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hahah nah. Everything was straight up. It just doesn't look like I'll do much, based off these first two games. Morris is fumbling the ball even though he's got the best carry on the team, and he's a power back. I may have to switch back to Helu. I'm also getting destroyed on the passing game. It seems like I can't find a guy open... and if I do, it'll be for a short second or two before a defender comes in and swats it.

This is music to my ears. A top 5 draft pick would be wonderful friend.

The money is still out there for injuring RG3! I gave it my best shot.

LiveWire

Sadly the website is really poorly designed.

Basically you need to scout rookies that you might be interested in and you can upgrade your players as they gain XP (and buy stuff as a coach, like during FA next year when we have to bid for players they are more likely to come to you,etc.) Thankfully for someone with not a lot of time you can just progress the players you want and let the CPU do the rest by selecting that option at the main screen.

I'm sure you'll be busy for awhile with the launch coming up though!

Awesome, thanks for the info. I saw the auto-upgrade players option but I didn't see auto-scout or auto-coach buying options? I'll have to take another look tonight before I play CB.

And yea, between that and wedding season it's a clusterfuck, lol.

Sokantish

LiveWire you can just save those scouting points and coaching exp points for when you want to spend them. The good positions cost a lot of exp for coaches anyway. The scouting also costs a lot. 1000 will let you reveal like 3-4 grades and that's it. Like a B in speed or an A in catching. More if you want the exact number

LiveWire

LiveWire you can just save those scouting points and coaching exp points for when you want to spend them. The good positions cost a lot of exp for coaches anyway. The scouting also costs a lot. 1000 will let you reveal like 3-4 grades and that's it. Like a B in speed or an A in catching. More if you want the exact number

Nice, thanks.

Also, Joe Flacco is on the trading block (not that anyone wants him :/ ).

bluemax

Banned
I assume this was meant to be an IM to Luke and FMT?

So it doesn't actually change how good the player is, correct?

The main point of the scheme stuff is to adjust what weight is given to certain attributes when giving a players "overall" rating. Considering a lot of people in this league have been ignoring OVR and going after players who were highly rated in certain attributes that fit their style, I'm kind of surprised more people aren't into it. Think of it more like a way to filter people based upon certain criteria.

Also some random notes on how OVR is affected by "Awareness"

Bobby Wagner MLB 72 OVR (in offline, 75 with the CCM scheme adjustment)
Current awareness: 62
OVR with 99 awareness: 80
OVR with 0 awareness: 58

Russell Wilson QB 76 OVR
Current Awareness: 68
OVR with 99 awareness: 90
OVR with 0 awareness: 58

Basically what this quick test shows is that awareness can add or subtract 12-18ish points from a players OVR score. For a player I'm controlling all the time like Wilson is this important? No, not likely. For other players is this important? Probably some, but hard to say how much.

I guess the main lesson here is to stop worrying about OVR and learn to look at other ratings.

McNei1y

Awareness always seems to adjust OVR in every sports game. In NHL, I gained 3 ovr pts by placing 7 in def wareness... not sure what it does in any game lol

BigAT

Awareness always seems to adjust OVR in every sports game. In NHL, I gained 3 ovr pts by placing 7 in def wareness... not sure what it does in any game lol

Defensive awareness makes people more aware that they're entering THE MCNEILY DOME.

bluemax

Banned

Its especially more confusing when you have similar ratings like Play Recognition, ball carrier vision etc.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i love that there are now jokes in this thread that only about less than half of us will understand.

bluemax

Banned
Has anyone noticed on the team stats page that every team seems to have a ranking? Is this some kind of power ranking?

1. Oakland
2. Seattle
3. San Francisco
4. Denver
5. New Orleans
6. Chicago
7. New York (N)
8. Patriots
9. Lions
10. Buffalo
11. Houston
12. Tampa
13. Cincinnati
14. Minnesota
15. Philadelphia
16. Kansas City
17. Tennessee
18. Arizona
19. Cleveland
20. Washington
21. Green Bay
22. San Diego
23. Baltimore
24. Jacksonville
25. New York (A)
26. Steelers
27. Indianapolis
28. Miami
29. St. Louis
30. Atlanta
31. Carolina
32. Dallas

Seems to be based only on week 1 stuff, I'm not sure what it is though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone noticed on the team stats page that every team seems to have a ranking? Is this some kind of power ranking?

1. Oakland
2. Seattle
3. San Francisco
4. Denver
5. New Orleans
6. Chicago
7. New York (N)
8. Patriots
9. Lions
10. Buffalo
11. Houston
12. Tampa
13. Cincinnati
14. Minnesota
15. Philadelphia
16. Kansas City
17. Tennessee
18. Arizona
19. Cleveland
20. Washington
21. Green Bay
22. San Diego
23. Baltimore
24. Jacksonville
25. New York (A)
26. Steelers
27. Indianapolis
28. Miami
29. St. Louis
30. Atlanta
31. Carolina
32. Dallas

Seems to be based only on week 1 stuff, I'm not sure what it is though.

I think it's standings.

bluemax

Banned
I think it's standings.

I guess that would make the most sense, since there's no way I'm number 2 in anything.

Other random stats notes

Only 2 teams have failed to throw for a TD so far this season.

Ramirez has already attempted 3 fourth downs

The Lions have the only 2 point attempt so far. They are also the only team to not convert a third down yet.

4 teams in week 1 did not make it into the red zone.

Only 13 penalties have been committed so far.

The much maligned Tom Brady leads the league in passer rating, well actually Josh Johnsons rating is non existent despite completing 3 out of 3 passes. Same with Pey Pey, weird. Peyton has almost 40 yards passing per attempt, easily out pacing the second best.

The longest pass so far is a 92 yarder by Vince Young.

The lonest run so far is an 80 yarder by Bryce Brown.

Of the players that have only played 1 game so far, the leaders in catches are Calvin Johnson (11) and Beanie Wells (10).

Of the players with at least 10 rushing attempts CJ Spiller has the best YPA at 9.9, Ray Rice has the worst at 1.3, and Reggie Bush is averaging 0.6 yards on 9 carries.

Bernard Scott has 3 fumbles already.

Despite his low ypa Ray Rice leads the league in broken tackles with 4. Stevan Ridley has the most yards after first contac with 65.

Jeremy Trueblood has allowed 7 sacks in 2 games. Guy Whimper has allowed 5 in 1, he allows a sack roughly every 10 plays he's on the field.

For players who have only played 1 game, Jon Beason has the most tackles with 9. Terrell Suggs has the most TFL for 1 game players with 5. Jason Pierre Paul is averaging 3.5 sacks per game.

The longest INT return is 92 yards by Kendrick Lewis. Prince Amukamura is averaging almost 50 yards per INT return on 3 INTs with a long of 75.

The Steelers have forced 0 fumbles so far.

Rian Lindell has already attempted and made 2 FGs of over 50 yards with a long of 53. Alex Henery has the longest so far at 54. 3 Kickers have missed their only attempt so far. 5 have yet to attempt a FG.

Jon Ryan leads the league in punts for a TB with 3.

Brandon Banks has the only KR for a TD so far with a 104 yard return.

Percy Harvin has the only PR for a TD. He also has the most PRs so far and the longest with a 52 yarder.

Okay enough of this, I spent more time looking at this stuff than I planned.

Top Bottom