• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LJ11

I just spent about two hours just fucking around with scouting and practice. Some cool stuff with the practice modes, but XP hasn't changed so far from what I noticed.

If you team up with a few guys you can get a jump on scouting, create a mini Blesto/National scouting service. Can cover much more ground that way.

Birdman02

GG GCQ. I feel really bad about having to restart because you definitely deserved to win that game. Your defense was killing me with the turnovers...so much that I completely changed my gameplan and went ultra-conservative (almost DM style) in the 2nd game. Luckily, it worked out for me.

BigAT

If you team up with a few guys you can get a jump on scouting, create a mini Blesto/National scouting service. Can cover much more ground that way.

I've been wondering if this type of thing will happen. It will be interesting to see if it does occur, if those that do it talk about it.

I have yet to use any of my scouting time yet, so no clue how beneficial such an arrangement would or wouldn't be.

Smokey

Oh snap, are y'all on the superior master race version?

yes and in the hour and a half i've played i can tell this is gonna be good, even better with co-op. I really liked the original when I rented it from Gamefly but for some reason I never got around to buying it.

borderlands 2 is delicious. i dont even have a top notch PC but i can run everything at full settings and the game runs great. love physx!

i wish i didn't have to work so early tomorrow :(

Smokey

borderlands 2 is delicious. i dont even have a top notch PC but i can run everything at full settings and the game runs great. love physx!

i wish i didn't have to work so early tomorrow :(

borderlands2_21sqv8.png

DAT PHYSX

the rings on the explosion look like garbo, but when you're playing it looks sweet

Ramirez

To you GW2 players, is it possible to sell your copy of the game, or is it forever linked to my email now?

Such a boring game for me, I feel stupid for purchasing it blindly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
To you GW2 players, is it possible to sell your copy of the game, or is it forever linked to my email now?

Such a boring game for me, I feel stupid for purchasing it blindly.

You should know better about the GAF flavor of the week

TheCrow

Says the guy who bought NHL!

It all comes back to the same stuff in the end.

DotA, Halo, 2K, or Madden, it's our life!

NHL is the real deal. My eyes were tearing up from laughter in that triple overtime game yesterday. Couldn't even breathe. Unlike madden I have a blast regardless of whether we win or lose.

CB3

NHL has been in the works for months, and has ties into things that have already proven successful. (NBA2k team up mode)

If it ended tomorrow (it wont), it would have been worth it for just this past week. Luke shit talking everyone, Bob speaking, Mcnulty being Mcnulty, MCNULTY DOME.

CB3

NHL is the real deal. My eyes were tearing up from laughter in that triple overtime game yesterday. Couldn't even breathe. Unlike madden I have a blast regardless of whether we win or lose

Phee: "Ok guys im gonna set this up"

Proceeds to lose the fucking puck infront of our goal literally 0.3 seconds later

McNei1y

Yea NHL has totally been worth it. I've put in more hours into NHL than I have in Madden for since it came out. It'll be game I play for awhile.

GCQuinton

GG GCQ. I feel really bad about having to restart because you definitely deserved to win that game. Your defense was killing me with the turnovers...so much that I completely changed my gameplan and went ultra-conservative (almost DM style) in the 2nd game. Luckily, it worked out for me.

GG, man. Ultimately didn't work out the way I hoped with the disconnect, but still, I'm definitely liking my continued improvement on defense. Josh Norman would have been in the running for DROY if that first game went through for sure.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sorry blue, I got sucked into the game last night. I'll be home at 7 eastern tonight.

levious

cool, I look forward to it, I don't think I ever got to play you for a full game with dallas last time right?

eznark

Banned
Ya, NHL is no joke. Just for the first weekend it was worth $60. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I was laughing during those games.

Madden is fun for the longevity but man I hope NHL sticks. I feel kind of dumb buying Borderlands, I have no idea when I am going to play it especially with xcom soon!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The main point of the scheme stuff is to adjust what weight is given to certain attributes when giving a players "overall" rating. Considering a lot of people in this league have been ignoring OVR and going after players who were highly rated in certain attributes that fit their style, I'm kind of surprised more people aren't into it. Think of it more like a way to filter people based upon certain criteria.

Also some random notes on how OVR is affected by "Awareness"

Bobby Wagner MLB 72 OVR (in offline, 75 with the CCM scheme adjustment)
Current awareness: 62
OVR with 99 awareness: 80
OVR with 0 awareness: 58

Russell Wilson QB 76 OVR
Current Awareness: 68
OVR with 99 awareness: 90
OVR with 0 awareness: 58

Basically what this quick test shows is that awareness can add or subtract 12-18ish points from a players OVR score. For a player I'm controlling all the time like Wilson is this important? No, not likely. For other players is this important? Probably some, but hard to say how much.

I guess the main lesson here is to stop worrying about OVR and learn to look at other ratings.

Responding really late to this but from what I've been messing around with, the AWR is a modifier similar to what Livewire was saying last year. I don't think it's to the degree where it's the determining factor on making plays on balls in the air but I think it plays an integral part along with MCV/ZCV, as well as an overall modifier to how good those other stats are. I have a corner with really high MCV and he sucks compared to guys with lower MCV but higher AWR.

IMO it's of higher importance to have defenders with high AWR than offensive players, but my low AWR receivers are the guys that let the ball fly past their heads and the high AWR guys are the ones that dive for the ball.

I would not waste my time with AWR on a QB or HB.

Smokey

Smokey - I should be game tonight anytime after 8pm EST

Sounds good.

And in Borderlands 2 do you really have to start at the beginning even if you save and quit? Was annoying to make decent progress in that first area, save and quit, and then upon reload have to go through the entire level again just to get back to where I was...

Smokey

Speaking of Burnout games, anyone getting Most Wanted?

Yuppp...on PC though. NFS: Hot Pursuit looked really good on PC plus 60fps etc

Although it kind of looks like Burnout Paradise 2 and BP1 one sucked, but I'm willing to give them a chance again after HP.

McNei1y

I really want the week to advance! I want to win a game dammit! I also want to continue to progress players, scout players, practice, etc... this game is so good.

Ferny

Yeah I'll be getting it on PC probably.

Also just read that there's no crew mode for NBA 2K13 this year. Sucks, but not like the online would have held up anyway.
Honestly, i'm fine with that if it means having a good online franchise mode.

Smokey

Also just read that there's no crew mode for NBA 2K13 this year. Sucks, but not like the online would have held up anyway.

no surprise

Honestly, i'm fine with that if it means having a good online franchise mode.

2k Association mode has always been good...and it was the exact same thing for Online Association last year. The problem was they took so much control away and made dumb decisions in how the commissioner could handle the league (i.e. auto advancement, couldn't adjust sliders etc).

eznark

Banned
You used to be able to play basketball with 5 other guys? Oh man, I would buy the game just so I could be Smokey.

"3 second violation what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

Smokey

You used to be able to play basketball with 5 other guys? Oh man, I would buy the game just so I could be Smokey.

"3 second violation what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

First of all suck one. Second, that's a bad analogy cuz you can tell from the name of the rule violation what the hell a 3 seconds is. In hockey the whole damn playing field/ice or whatever it's called IS MADE of ICE... how the hell is somebody who doesnt follow the sport supposed to know what Iceing is?!

levious

First of all suck one. Second, that's a bad analogy cuz you can tell from the rule violation what the hell a 3 second violation is...hockey...the whole damn playing field/ice or whatever it's called IS MADE of ICE how the hell is somebody who doesnt follow the sport supposed to know what Iceing is?!

haha, when I was a kid I thought it was a penalty for kicking up/spraying ice near the goalie with your skates.

eznark

Banned
First of all suck one. Second, that's a bad analogy cuz you can tell from the name of rule violation what the hell a 3 seconds is. In hockey the whole damn playing field/ice or whatever it's called IS MADE of ICE... how the hell is somebody who doesnt follow the sport supposed to know what Iceing is?!

hahahahahaha

don't they call it a lane violation or something now?

Top Bottom