• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

First of all suck one. Second, that's a bad analogy cuz you can tell from the name of the rule violation what the hell a 3 seconds is. In hockey the whole damn playing field/ice or whatever it's called IS MADE of ICE... how the hell is somebody who doesnt follow the sport supposed to know what Iceing is?!

lol

LukeSmith

Responding really late to this but from what I've been messing around with, the AWR is a modifier similar to what Livewire was saying last year. I don't think it's to the degree where it's the determining factor on making plays on balls in the air but I think it plays an integral part along with MCV/ZCV, as well as an overall modifier to how good those other stats are. I have a corner with really high MCV and he sucks compared to guys with lower MCV but higher AWR.

IMO it's of higher importance to have defenders with high AWR than offensive players, but my low AWR receivers are the guys that let the ball fly past their heads and the high AWR guys are the ones that dive for the ball.

I would not waste my time with AWR on a QB or HB.

In line with this, I almost wonder if when someone user's a player if it's worth considering the awareness of that player as a theoretical 99. In the case blue mentioned with that "bad" linebacker that turned to an 80 at max awareness.

I.e. if you are a linebacker player, and that's going to be what you play, the stats you probably care about are: speed, accel, agility, block shedding and tackling, because you can make up all of the coverage deficiencies on your own.

Also, LJ, why don't we pool our resources on scouting, maybe get you, wellie and I in together and researchhhhhhh

TheCrow

This is what I've been preaching (per Wellie's post) for a long time now.

I thought most people already knew this. But then again I also thought most of us knew that overall didn't mean anything. However there are some stats for certain positions that I raise before awareness.

McNei1y

Well I never knew it did much aside from making your overall higher but if it is the stat that attributes every stat then maybe it could be worth it.

In NHL awareness helps a lot of the other attributes out so I guess it's the same thing for madden... I'll make sure to start using that stat too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I.e. if you are a linebacker player, and that's going to be what you play, the stats you probably care about are: speed, accel, agility, block shedding and tackling, because you can make up all of the coverage deficiencies on your own.

Also, LJ, why don't we pool our resources on scouting, maybe get you, wellie and I in together and researchhhhhhh

I also think this is the case for "big hitter trait", not talking about hit power attribute specifically.

Mrbob

Hey, someone paypal me 60 bucks and I'm there.

FMT, if I can change my email to some no name email, I'll give you my copy of GW2 for like 20 bucks.

Ceelo avatar? For shame. You should be rocking a Tomlin avatar with those sweet ass shades he was wearing in dusk last Sunday! Tomlin doesn't care if the sun isn't out anymore, wearing them like a boss.

McNei1y

Ceelo avatar? For shame. You should be rocking a Tomlin avatar with those sweet ass shades he was wearing in dusk last Sunday! Tomlin doesn't care if the sun isn't out anymore, wearing them like a boss.

you should be wearing the eznark avatar before you criticize other peoples mrbobby

Sanjuro

Hey, someone paypal me 60 bucks and I'm there.

FMT, if I can change my email to some no name email, I'll give you my copy of GW2 for like 20 bucks.

Now that there is a OSX client, I might give it a shot. I'm in the same boat though. Little quick to the trigger for the MMO genre where I never seem to get into.

LukeSmith

You should sort it out and put it on SmokeyTV to honor Steve Sabol:

628x471.jpg

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Seriously, this dude brought me more joy over the years than almost anyone in entertainment.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I thought most people already knew this. But then again I also thought most of us knew that overall didn't mean anything. However there are some stats for certain positions that I raise before awareness.

I agree OVR didn't and doesn't mean much, but from what I've seen I believe that AWR is much more important this year than before. I had AJ Green and Nicks as rookies and they became monsters even with 50 AWR. I agree with your second statement though.

Personally I'm using a tiered approach and improving the same stat across the board per position. There are some minor upgrades that really help a lot IMO.

LJ11

In line with this, I almost wonder if when someone user's a player if it's worth considering the awareness of that player as a theoretical 99. In the case blue mentioned with that "bad" linebacker that turned to an 80 at max awareness.

Sounds good.

Overall never meant much to me personally, remember that garbage team I road to the SB on the backs of 60 rated receivers with speed/elusiveness/break tackle, also had really speedy linebackers that I would user or just send on blitzes. All I had was a beast line and the Tom Brady clone.

Speaking of the clone, I know QB AWR shouldn't matter but I'm always playing with a shitty one and it seems like the good ones put he ball just above a LB's head without me even leading it, or that's how it was in years past. Still wouldn't invest in it for backs or qbs.

BigAT

NFL AM is pretty fucking terrible, I don't know who thought it would be a good idea for a show. The NFLN gameday crew is relatively solid though.

levious

NFL AM is pretty fucking terrible, I don't know who thought it would be a good idea for a show. The NFLN gameday crew is relatively solid though.

eric davis looks like he's recovering from drug abuse.

levious

definitely not gonna get NHL now if you boring midwestern sounding people just make fun of our southern drawls!

Top Bottom