• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Somnia

GG Thrasher, Steve Slaton and his multiple fumbles fucked me over =(

Otherwise I thought it was a pretty good match, despite all the drops lol

Trasher

GG. The game hated all my WRs not named Megatron. But the game hated Slaton way more. =/ Edit: Nm. Apparently the game just hated Titus Young who dropped four passes in total haha.

I didn't convert one third down play lolol. And the one where I thought I was going to get it I threw the ball immediately because of the terrible lag delay. I also missed that field goal because of that stupid delay too. Luckily 80% of the game was fine. I dunno what the hell was causing that lag. Did you get any of that at certain times?

I am so not used to playing with a lead and trying to run clock out. I was struggling in the second half.

wellington when i say "why dont you run more" im talking about when people run it twice on their first drive and then throw the ball 40 times.... which is basically what a lot of my games have boiled down to. and no, i'm not talking about me somehow going up by double digits within 1 possession. take last nights game against sok for instance. opening drive peterson has like 30 yards rushing. he pretty much ends the game with 30 yards rushing. the game was 14-10 near the end of the half and then sok threw a pick with about 10 seconds left trying to go deep and i got another fg, so 17-10 at halftime

sometimes when i play bob or cb or whoever they end the game with like 5 total rushes. maybe they are just doing that in community games, i dont know

eznark

Banned
Ferny, can I get a reinvite to the guild too?

That's the only thing I'm annoyed about, I ran the ball a ton! I probably had 20 attempts in that game and Starks had 50 yards! That's like an all time high!

LJ11

Yeah, I've had real trouble getting a decent running game going this year. I don't have a great O-line, or even a good one really, but I still have been able to run pretty well in the past. Seems like Bradshaw just gets to the line and goes into ragdoll mode.

Seems like tackles and tight ends really determine my run game, really lock up the outside for bigger gains. It's 1-3 yards, and if they block the outside I can rip off a 10-20, that's how it's been so far. Hard to get the consistent 3-5 yards.

Doesn't help that the camera tips off run imo, PA and run camera are a bit different, one is higher, so a manual LB player can really shoot the gap on iso/dive/inside zone, even off tackle if he's fast enough.

Will it also disconnect the internet at the same time?

lol

wellington when i say "why dont you run more" im talking about when people run it twice on their first drive and then throw the ball 40 times.... which is basically what a lot of my games have boiled down to. and no, i'm not talking about me somehow going up by double digits within 1 possession. take last nights game against sok for instance. opening drive peterson has like 30 yards rushing. he pretty much ends the game with 30 yards rushing. the game was 14-10 near the end of the half and then sok threw a pick with about 10 seconds left trying to go deep and i got another fg, so 17-10 at halftime

sometimes when i play bob or cb or whoever they end the game with like 5 total rushes. maybe they are just doing that in community games, i dont know

got a good laugh out of this. i get tired of seeing bowman or willis shoot the gap for 2-3 yard loss, i then have to bounce it outside, good luck with the smith's on the left side.

Rorschach

Thanks dude.

I upped my offer, well the bonus money anyway. Hope he doesn't bail next week, I'll throw more than a controller at my xbox, lol.
Let me know how that goes. I wanted to put it all on bonus, but I was scared the AI logic would just look at salary. I just upped the contract because I really wanted to keep Branch. I know in previous years, you could cheat the cap with bonuses. :p

btw smokey is the worst driver in videogame history. somehow he got us stuck on an ice berg that we couldn't get off lulz

and sorry ez, the game filled up and i didn't see your message. i tried to join yours and it wouldn't let me before :/

Let me know how that goes. I wanted to put it all on bonus, but I was scared the AI logic would just look at salary. I just upped the contract because I really wanted to keep Branch. I know in previous years, you could cheat the cap with bonuses. :p

It's good to see you on the Knapp hate train. I hated him when he was in Atlanta, he was pathetic. Say what you will about Mularkey's predictability, at least it had good results for the most part. Koetter seems like a perfect fit for the Falcons offense, so far.

LJ11

Will do, have a feeling the first go around will be like my NCAA recruiting experience and then I'll get the hang of it. I'll be upset if I lose my LG though.

Rorschach

It's good to see you on the Knapp hate train. I hated him when he was in Atlanta, he was pathetic. Say what you will about Mularkey's predictability, at least it had good results for the most part. Koetter seems like a perfect fit for the Falcons offense, so far.

I was on the hate train years prior. He was the OC here during a previous regime.

Somnia

GG. The game hated all my WRs not named Megatron. But the game hated Slaton way more. =/ Edit: Nm. Apparently the game just hated Titus Young who dropped four passes in total haha.

I didn't convert one third down play lolol. And the one where I thought I was going to get it I threw the ball immediately because of the terrible lag delay. I also missed that field goal because of that stupid delay too. Luckily 80% of the game was fine. I dunno what the hell was causing that lag. Did you get any of that at certain times?

I am so not used to playing with a lead and trying to run clock out. I was struggling in the second half.

Ya it started lagging near the end of the 3rd.

I thought I had a chance and felt I improved my game over the last two weeks so even though I lost (and lost my starting ROLB for 4 weeks, THANKS!) I felt like it was an improvement for me. I just wish I had CJ back, I can't have much of a run game with Slaton back there.

Smokey

btw smokey is the worst driver in videogame history. somehow he got us stuck on an ice berg that we couldn't get off lulz

and sorry ez, the game filled up and i didn't see your message. i tried to join yours and it wouldn't let me before :/

turbo'd on accident!

i made up for it by being on the other side of the map when it was time to roll..and when we were playing that mission was crazy. So many particles and and phsyx shit flying around.

turbo'd on accident!

i made up for it by being on the other side of the map when it was time to roll..and when we were playing that mission was crazy. So many particles and and phsyx shit flying around.

yeah the physx on those assassin missions looked fucking awesome. this game is really good looking and you dont have to fuck with a bunch of settings to make it happen unlike rage and some other recent pc games. glad i supported them by buying this at somewhat near full price!

Rorschach

How do I not have FMT on steam? FMT what's your steam handle?
nm found you

btw- I think failing to join that other game made the difficulty ramp up or something. I'm getting one shot by guys. And it takes a shitload to kill a grunt.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah, I couldn't join anyone. I think my wife may have thrown a remote control or something earlier today.

Look, I'm sorry I disconnected like I did. It was wrong and in bad taste. Like I told FMT, my life is pretty much in tatters right now and Madden is one of the few escape I have right now. The lag, coupled with my stress level lead to me making an incredibly poor decision.

I don't really know what else to say than that. I was upset, I made a bad decision and I wasted your time. And for that I apologize.

If I'm gonna be booted then I accept that. I can buy a lot of ramen with with the money I spent on Madden.

Here is a Russell Wilson Levi's commercial that has nothing to do with anything.

McNei1y

Look, I'm sorry I disconnected like I did. It was wrong and in bad taste. Like I told FMT, my life is pretty much in tatters right now and Madden is one of the few escape I have right now. The lag, coupled with my stress level lead to me making an incredibly poor decision.

I don't really know what else to say than that. I was upset, I made a bad decision and I wasted your time. And for that I apologize.

If I'm gonna be booted then I accept that. I can buy a lot of ramen with with the money I spent on Madden.

Here is a Russell Wilson Levi's commercial that has nothing to do with anything.

ramen is good

Ramirez

Thrasher when can you play?

Hilarious that this still happens...

Five picks did me in. The Bears secondary was just abusive. Guys literally sped up at will to make up 5 yards. I wish I could save replays.

Rors got the benefit of this a couple times today, it's really infuriating.

I should probably just kill myself.

No way brother. I'm here if you need someone to talk to!

LJ11

How reliable are the twitter messages? Says I resigned Levitre, which I'm happy about.

Basically was giving him 5 years with 5m bonus and 4.5m salary, upped it to 12m bonus and increased the years to 6 while keeping the salary the same. Seems to have worked.

Edit: Hope bluemax is fucking around. Keep your head up dude.

TheCrow

How reliable are the twitter messages? Says I resigned Levitre, which I'm happy about.

Basically was giving him 5 years with 5m bonus and 4.5m salary, upped it to 12m bonus and increased the years to 6 while keeping the salary the same. Seems to have worked.

They've always been right for me. You usually fine out instantly if they do accept through twitter.

Colasante

GG CB, that went about as poorly as any game possibly could have, I think. You definitely benefited more from the disconnect than I did. Let's tally the damage:

2 pick sixes to start the game off. A pick six to end the game. 2 more INTs in addition to that. A fumble recovery TD. A 97 yard run by McCoy. 4 red zone stops on 4th down. Injuring my starting WR, TE, and CB. 12 sacks I think? Ouch.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I would understand if you want me to play the AI bluemax. You have other things to worry about and we did experience a lot of lag last time.

eznark

Banned
I'm not going to be an overbearing douche about the thing like I am with DCXgate. I give no fucks about the "punishment." As long as it's understood that I won't be playing bluemax anymore (which probably shouldn't be an issue for a few seasons) then whatever.

Rorschach

Thanks for the update. I should have done the same with Branch since I was gonna keep him past the contract anyway. I was just so scurred.

LiveWire

Who am I playing week 3? I'm around all day today to play and then I'm gone until Tuesday. So please sim Week 4 (5 if needed) or anyone can fill in for me. I will probably miss most of Season 1 due to work/personal travel. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it possible to renegotiate a contract with a player in the middle of the term, meaning it doesn't have to be the last year...?

Secondly, and it's none of my business but I play him next so I'm connected to it - what's the 'punishment' for bluemax? If I were commish I'd make them play again and have BM intentionally tank to ensure eznark gets the win. Further I would say that bench players should be at all the skill positions so that the important guys for him don't get XP as the actual punishment.

I am confident he would crush me if he sat guys anyway so there's that.

Birdman02

Is it possible to renegotiate a contract with a player in the middle of the term, meaning it doesn't have to be the last year...?

Secondly, and it's none of my business but I play him next so I'm connected to it - what's the 'punishment' for bluemax? If I were commish I'd make them play again and have BM intentionally tank to ensure eznark gets the win. Further I would say that bench players should be at all the skill positions so that the important guys for him don't get XP as the actual punishment.

I am confident he would crush me if he sat guys anyway so there's that.

One of my tasks was to renegotiate with Brees (who's on year 1 of a 5 yr deal), so I assume you have to be able to. I dismissed the task, so I can't tell you for sure.

Colasante

I blame EA. CB and I got disconnected while he was kneeling down too, and we had to replay our game. In Madden 12 it'd keep the scores in events like that to prevent people from rage quiting at the end.

Top Bottom