• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

lol I just got predatored or whatever the engine is called. I had Ray Rice tackled in the backfield for like 4 yards loss. Instead of going down, he fell on top of my DT and got up and ran down the middle for a first down.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What about the Wii U?

Kinda what i expected. Hardware is nice. Cool things can be done with it. Just that launch lineup is pretty terribad besides Rayman and Zombie U

Tablet is really lightweight. Pro controller feels nice

CB3

Zombie U was what everyone was going at. They had 2 stations for it (singleplayer, multiplayer), both had long ass lines. It didnt help that they were giving people a ton of time with it

bluemax

Banned
Project P-100 was the only Wii U game I played at E3 that I could actually see myself playing. I tried Nintendoland but as a single dude who isn't in college it had limited appeal.

CB3

Project P-100 was the only Wii U game I played at E3 that I could actually see myself playing. I tried Nintendoland but as a single dude who isn't in college it had limited appeal.

That looked good. The demo unit at this event was having trouble or something. it kept blackscreening after a load screen so i didnt bother waiting in line.

Nintendoland is kid shit. Though i liked the Donkey Kong game's aesthetic.

Top 3 for me:
Rayman
Zombie U
Chick running the Donkey Kong Nintendoland demo. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

rinsey rinsey rinse

PM would probably be best!

btw i still can't figure out this glitch in teh stats. i look at my team or even if i organize it by "NFC West" and my guys come up with the tackles and picks. but when i organize it by NFL, they are nowhere to be seen on defense. doesn't show pwill as the leading tackler or brown as a top interceptor. i dont understand why

bluemax

Banned
PM would probably be best!

btw i still can't figure out this glitch in teh stats. i look at my team or even if i organize it by "NFC West" and my guys come up with the tackles and picks. but when i organize it by NFL, they are nowhere to be seen on defense. doesn't show pwill as the leading tackler or brown as a top interceptor. i dont understand why

There are obviously some glitches with it, I mean a couple of dudes have 65536 fumble recovery yards, which to anyone who has ever studied computer science is a fairly obvious sign of some kind of integer overflow issue.

Also speaking of disappearing, I was reading up some stuff on the drafts and I read that one possible outcome for a player is for him to get suspended or kicked off his college team. In which case he disappears from the draft pool.

DMczaf

DMBall taken to the Extreme.

nwcRp.jpg

TheCrow

Fuck you tamme for dropping that big catch on my last drive and fuck my wrs for never beating press once.

gg rors. Now to play nhl and enjoy playing video games.

Rorschach

GG

Darren out for 4 weeks. Where's my get out of jail free card, commishes?!

Damn, he's out of the running title. :( My running goal was ridiculous anyway. I was never gonna get it. Taiwan Jones' goal, however... 600 yards. Let's do it!

Rorschach

Running seems like a bitch in this league.

Tripping over your own feet or your lineman's feet when there's a wide open hole sucks.

Why does McFadden (or is it every RB?) slow down whenever there's someone headed towards them?
"Oh shit, I'm at the second level with a gaping hole!"
*RB enters slow down animation and waits for LBs to surround him*
"Fuck!"

All that said, it's not that hard. Just can't run against certain teams (like the 9ers for example).

Colasante

Tripping over your own feet or your lineman's feet when there's a wide open hole sucks.

Why does McFadden (or is it every RB?) slow down whenever there's someone headed towards them?
"Oh shit, I'm at the second level!"
"Fuck!"

All that said, it's not that hard. Just can't run against certain teams (like the 9ers for example).

My RBs have been tackled by my own linemen more often than by the defense. Immediate ragdoll hijinx ensue as soon as they approach the line of scrimmage.

Rorschach

WOOOOOOOOAH! THERE'S A CATCHES ALLOWED STAT!!!!!! GAME CHANGER!

Oh wait, it doesn't actually work. SON OF A BITCH! TIBURON YOU COCK TEASING FUCKERS!

[EDIT] It only works for simmed games. :(

LJ11

"Oh shit, I'm at the second level with a gaping hole!"
"Fuck!"

I haven't experienced the slow down, but I hate it when ball carriers fall down, like they tripped but no one touched them.

Against my better judgement I decided to play ranked game the last two nights, by the end of the night on Friday I had a huge migraine. You always learn new shit when playing these one trick ponies. There was this one guy with the Eagles who killed me with one particular run, I eventually slowed it down, but if he had a pass game worth a shit he would've probably won.

There was this one dude with the Steelers, he would just randomly nail the hit stick even when he wasn't controlling the tackler, kept causing my ball carrier to drop/fall before the tackle. Dumbest shit I have ever seen. Wonder if it's a way for ball carrier to protect themselves, no clue, it was dumb.

Edit: Tips for those that care, not that I'm great at running, there are others who are better. Finding what works and what doesn't is a big part of it. Keep messing around with playbooks if you're having trouble, and don't hit the speed button until you're ready to go through the hole. If you're running those dive plays, which get stuffed anyway, try to key off the center and the direction his ass points, run behind it because the defender should be sealed if the center and guards are turning the tackles. Also, count the number of defenders in the box, try to spread and run. Some under center 4 wide sets have slash/dive/zone plays that you can work in with a passing attack. Run from the gun too, fool around with it, see what works and what doesn't. Get a good full back and guards that can pull.

bluemax

Banned
Running seems like a bitch in this league.

Only two starting RBs in this league are averaging over 100 yards per game. It could probably be a few more but some dudes platoon.

There are a lot of reasons for it, stupid O-Line stuff, god tier LBer/Safety play from some people, wacky physics, shitty blocking on outside runs (unless its the Rams vs the Seahawks).

Rorschach

Don't play randoms, LJ. :p

Another running tip. Look for the double team right away and run next to it. Those are so sweet. If you have a good fullback, follow him and don't stray too much from the called play. Don't hit the speed button until you're clear, though.

Oh, and if you have a guard that can pull, use that. I don't have one, but I've seen them for other teams. That shit is really good because you usually get him on a LB (as it's supposed to!) and it's easy money.

btw- cpu on the hardest challenge is such bullshit. Final tally: 3 DE INTs (from the line, mind you, not in coverage), 4 FF, 4 PI calls, 3 roughing the QB calls, 2 blocked field goals. Assholes even called a time out to run up the score! I was close, though. Lost by one point because I didn't go for 2 early. I mean, I would have lost by one point if they hadn't kicked that last second FG after the TO. :p

Oh, and the OL for them was fucking insane. The guard would do that animation from previous years where they just ice skate/teleport to the other side to block the blitzer.

Don't play randoms, LJ. :p

Another running tip. Look for the double team right away and run next to it. Those are so sweet. If you have a good fullback, follow him and don't stray too much from the called play. Don't hit the speed button until you're clear, though.

Oh, and if you have a guard that can pull, use that. I don't have one, but I've seen them for other teams. That shit is really good because you usually get him on a LB (as it's supposed to!) and it's easy money.

i love mike iupati!

Rorschach

I was looking over standings and I noticed the Giants had a loss. I was curious who they lost to. The Panthers! GO GCQ!

Anyway, I noticed the website doesn't do standings and it's kinda hard to get a good picture of the season so far. Here's the standings so far with a quick snippet of who lost to who and stuff like that. I'll do stats and such next week since it's my bye. :\ Besides, they are skewed right now because of the games played.

AFC North
[11] Bengals 2-1 - Only loss has been to AFCN rival Browns.
[16] Browns 1-2 - Loss against 2 top 10 teams.
[17] Ravens 1-2 - Played the Bengals close, but their only win was a close one to the Patriots where Brady threw 3 picks.
[18] Steelers 1-2 - Same story as the Browns. Currently on bye.

AFC South
[9] Texans 3-1 - Only loss to the Broncos. Every other game has been a blowout.
[14] Colts 2-1 - Only loss to mighty Bears 2 man under! (currently on bye)
[30] Jags 0-3 - have scored 2 points in last 2 games combined.
[32] Tits 0-4 - Brutal schedule so far and it's not getting much easier. :x

AFC East
[3] Bills 3-0 - Have only allowed 9 pts a game.
[13] Pats 2-1 - Off to a fast start. HUGE game for #1 in the East this week.
[20] Dolphins 1-2 - Brutal schedule. 2 top 10 teams. Must win situation already!
[31] Jets 0-4 - Even more brutal that that guy's schedule. ^^^ 9ers undefeated train ran through NY this week, but it's ok, he gets 4 more weeks of tough matchups and then a merciful bye!

AFC West
[1] Raiders 4-0 - Bye week next week. McFadden down for the count.
[4] Broncos 3-1 - Have managed to keep a top 5 position through a tough schedule.
[22] Chargers 1-2 - Coming off a loss to the suddenly rolling Falcons.
[27] Chiefs 1-2 - Loss to Bills and a sim. Big divisional game this week.

NFC North
[5] Bears 3-0 - Allowing 10 pts a game and winning with a diabetic vagine.
[12] Lions 2-1 - Only loss to the 9ers train. VIKE BIKE THIS WEEK.
[15] Packers 1-2 - Tough schedule ('nother 9er victim) and a division loss to Bears, but got a win out of the Seachicks.
[26] Vikings 1-2 - VIKE BIKE got 9ERS TRAINED!

NFC South
[6] Saints 3-0 * - Undefeated, but one was a sim. Headed to Wisconsin this week.
[19] Buccaneers 2-2 - .500 despite incredible receiving corps. Bye week next week. Losses to Giants and Cowgirls.
[21] Falcons 2-2* - INELIGIBLE RECEIVER DOWN FIELD!
[24] Panthers 1-3 - Beat the Giants and might have won against the Falcons if not for Julio.

NFC East
[7] Eagles 3-0 - Putting up points against soft defenses. Hugetastic game this week vs Gints for #1.
[10] Giants 2-1 - Lost against the Panthers. Eli with a 5 int day. Win would be big this week.
[23] Cowboys 1-2 - Win against the Bucs' mighty receivers. Losses against Giants and Seahawks.
[28] Redskins 0-4 - Allowing 39.75 pts a game. Putting up 24.7 pts a game. You do the math. No, seriously, someone do the math. I'm no good with computers.

NFC West
[2] 49ers 4-0 - 9ERS TRAIN! Bills next week, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!
[8] Seahawks 2-2 - SANCTIONED! Lost to the Rams this week.
[25] Rams 2-2 - Loses to the Bears and Lions. Wins vs the sanctionhawks and Redskins. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THIS TEAM!
[29] Cards 0-3 - Rebuilding year? Losses to the Fitzgerald Patriots, Seahawks, and Uggles.

GOTW for week 3: Pats vs Ravens - Ravens over the Patriots 21-24
Upset of the week: Panthers vs Giants - Panthers win 42-31

Rorschach

[edit] Oh, nm I guess it was addressed...

I put up the points but I giveaway the ball like it's candy in halloween.

Try giving it away like candy at Jay Cutler's birthday. Hope that helps. This has been another edition of Rorschach's Pointers™. Thank you for reading.

GCQuinton

My season's been a greatest hits of "would haves" so far...

"Would have" beaten the Saints if our first game didn't disconnect...
"Would have" beaten the Falcons if Julio was out (though he still had Roddy and knowing how DCX plays you could basically just swap the names out)...

We're 3-1 in my head!

And I'm taking that Cam gif for later use, lol.

DCX

DCX
My season's been a greatest hits of "would haves" so far...

"Would have" beaten the Saints if our first game didn't disconnect...
"Would have" beaten the Falcons if Julio was out (though he still had Roddy and knowing how DCX plays you could basically just swap the names out)...

We're 3-1 in my head!

And I'm taking that Cam gif for later use, lol.
:( I could be 3-1 too if I didn't gift so many taints. I have thrown 17 ints and if half of them went for TDs I wouldn't be surprised:/

DCX

rinse82

Splat - sent you a PM, sorry I bailed last night.

I'm free all day after I take my iPhone5 to the genius bar at Noon. Fucking wifi doesn't work on this thing, thanks Apple.

rinse82

I'm just going to pretend like I'm tanking the season on purpose. The "Lack for Zach (Richmond)" campaign or something.

I'm scouting him haaaard bro.

His profile picture isn't flattering though, doesn't look like the prototypical cant-miss QB prospect. Looks like a left guard, lol.

Top Bottom