• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Play now plays differently than CCM. That's been confirmed by numerous people on OpSports. Of course, EA's reaction is "we're looking into it". :jnc

Smokey

Play now plays differently than CCM. That's been confirmed by numerous people on OpSports. Of course, EA's reaction is "we're looking into it". :jnc

CCM is different. I played 2-3 ranked games the other day just to make sure I was not crazy and it does indeed feel different especially on offense. The blocking of the O line sticks out the most to me...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
And yet EA limited it to only one practice per week via CCM. Thanks dudes.

The blocking was definitely different, I ran all over people in community, not so much in CCM.

McNei1y

Weren't you good during the preseason?

Yeah. My record didn't show because all my games ended up disconnecting due to my internet then. Pretty much every game I played was close and low scoring. Smokey was the only one that really beat me... twice. Games with CB, Ram, FMT, and others were all tied after half at like 17-17 or 21-24 or something.

I'm not completely terrible right now... its just the giveaway's thats the problem. Fumbles and turnovers don't help when you give the opponent an extra possession.

Also, I can't seem to run for shit in CCM. I was running all over the place in communities.

Sokantish

And yet EA limited it to only one practice per week via CCM. Thanks dudes.

I know, I think I'm just gonna quit out of practice until the last day now

Yeah. My record didn't show because all my games ended up disconnecting due to my internet then. Pretty much every game I played was close and low scoring. Smokey was the only one that really beat me... twice. Games with CB, Ram, FMT, and others were all tied after half at like 17-17 or 21-24 or something.

I'm not completely terrible right now... its just the giveaway's thats the problem. Fumbles and turnovers don't help when you give the opponent an extra possession.

Also, I can't seem to run for shit in CCM. I was running all over the place in communities.

Wait a sec... I beat Smokey in community games once, does that mean I'm the best in the world?!

I notice no difference. Not saying there isn't just saying I can't say it's any different. But I'm sure I will be told that it doesn't matter since I have a super team

McNei1y

Wait a sec... I beat Smokey in community games once, does that mean I'm the best in the world?!

realjerichnomizjf.gif

Mrbob

I notice no difference. Not saying there isn't just saying I can't say it's any different. But I'm sure I will be told that it doesn't matter since I have a super team

After yesterday's performance it is clear you have been gifted one of the most overrated Madden teams of all time!

Smokey

Yep I can't either and I have one of the best backs in the game. As soon as he touches anybody on the line he falls

:l

I'm not sure how you honestly can't tell a difference....go play a half of a ranked game or something you can't tell me you don't notice a difference...

Mrbob

Superteam gonna superteam. FMT is stacked either way so his performance doesn't change.

I'm getting crushed on rushing plays too. I've been running 15 to 20 times a game for about a 3 yard average. I run just to try and keep the defense honest. Not to actually get yards.

McNei1y

I'm getting crushed on rushing plays too. I've been running 15 to 20 times a game for about a 3 yard average. I run just to try and keep the defense honest. Not to actually get yards.

Yeah but it seems like its not working for the most part. So everyone knows a pass is most likely coming lol.

Birdman02

Yep I can't either and I have one of the best backs in the game. As soon as he touches anybody on the line he falls

I'm not sure how you honestly can't tell a difference....go play a half of a ranked game or something you can't tell me you don't notice a difference...

Aren't ranked games on all-pro though?

I haven't really noticed a difference either, but I didn't really play that many community games.

LukeSmith

Aren't ranked games on all-pro though?

I haven't really noticed a difference either, but I didn't really play that many community games.

Ranked games are on all-pro, yes.

I don't notice a huge difference between CCM and Community games, but I barely played any community games -- and I've played 3 CCM games, so the sample size for both is super small.

It's disappointing if there are differences though. It's in a just-lower-tier of frustration than offline -> online NBA2k series gameplay.

I've played like twice as many community games as you. I've only played 4 ccm games but I see no difference. What am I supposed to be looking for? You said the game feels too fast earlier

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I played a ton of community games too and dont notice a huge difference. Ive probably had more success running in CCM actually.

Sanjuro

GG El Jay.

I can't express how frustrating my defensive backs made me in that game. They literally just stopped on 80% of your passing plays. Just...stopped.

LJ11

GG El Jay.

I can't express how frustrating my defensive backs made me in that game. They literally just stopped on 80% of your passing plays. Just...stopped.

Had nothing to do with speed! They would just come to a complete stop.

You did a good job stopping the run, I'm not sure whether or not that was your focus. I knew where to go with the ball presnap every time except on one throw that was almost picked. You have to press receivers, if you leave them off they're going to get torched most times. Probably going to get torched in press too, but you have to pick your poison I guess.

Did a great job running the ball, but I was really concerned with playaction and containing all the passing threats. You had the wind in that first quarter, probably could have made that kick from the 38.

Edit: Was so concerned with Gronk, I was just running towards him no matter the play. In hindsight it was a bad move, because you were really close to breaking a long run on more than a couple of occasions.

Sanjuro

You did a good job stopping the run, I'm not sure whether or not that was your focus. I knew where to go with the ball presnap every time except on one throw that was almost picked. You have to press receivers, if you leave them off they're going to get torched most times. Probably going to get torched in press too, but you have to pick your poison I guess.

Did a great job running the ball, but I was really concerned with playaction and containing all the passing threats. You had the wind in that first quarter, probably could have made that kick from the 38.

Edit: Was so concerned with Gronk, I was just running towards him no matter the play. In hindsight it was a bad move, because you were really close to breaking a long run on more than a couple of occasions.

It was telling me I had the wind against me. For whatever reason, Gostkowski doesn't have the leg he should have in the game. Also, I suck at kicking.

bluemax

Banned
Hey, someone teach me how to play defense. I have like the most offensive yards or close to the most but I keep losing because I am god awful on defense. I haven't been using ask madden either, so I can't blame it on him anymore!

I'm far from elite defensively (ignore my teams defensive stats) but I can offer some tips. A lot of the best manual defense players in this league are good at MLB or FS. The things they are best at are pursuit and contain on outside runs, shooting gaps on inside runs and covering the most common targets and routes on passing plays. If you really wanna reach elite status these are the things to practice.

As for play calling I dunno. I have some mild ideas on what types of plays to call situationally but I'm not sure they're right. My defensive personnel shapes my play calling.

LJ11

It was telling me I had the wind against me. For whatever reason, Gostkowski doesn't have the leg he should have in the game. Also, I suck at kicking.

I think it's a bug, because I tried to take the wind for the 2nd quarter and a I was booming kicks, normally with full power i get it half way into the endzone.

Not sure what's up, better safe than sorry I guess.

Sanjuro

Luckily, you had defenders lying on the ground as roadblocks.

I did do some press coverage in the final drives. Before that I was playing a bit conservative for most of the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm far from elite defensively (ignore my teams defensive stats) but I can offer some tips. A lot of the best manual defense players in this league are good at MLB or FS. The things they are best at are pursuit and contain on outside runs, shooting gaps on inside runs and covering the most common targets and routes on passing plays. If you really wanna reach elite status these are the things to practice.

As for play calling I dunno. I have some mild ideas on what types of plays to call situationally but I'm not sure they're right. My defensive personnel shapes my play calling.

Defense is about putting your players in the best position to succeed and attacking the offense in a way they won't suspect.

Rorschach

How does one level up their Legacy score?
No clue. Some teams with more losses have more legacy than me. I guess if you take knees or turn it off in the second half, you're a chump with no legacy. Belichick way!

Better upgrade those awareness ratings!

Awareness makes everything better amirite?
You guys underestimate AWR and overestimate SPD.

McNei1y

Its almost like the redskins have a group of no names running the ball!

lol!!

I mean it's unfortunate because every game's final score is at least a td or two... but throughout the game I play really close. I was leading Smokey by 2 with 3 minutes left in the 4th... but then Helu gets rocked and fumbles. Then one of his LINEMEN picks up the ball after diving on it... not being touched... and he returns it for a 40 yard touchdown... a DLINEMEN!! Then the following possession I throw a pick which ends up as a touchdown.

boooooo

Smokey

thats mcnei1y football for you. gg smokey. and this running shit is annoying. 11 rushes for 26 yards and a fumble.

Gg and it helps when you roiders in the lb core and watt

Was q fun game throughout though I made it a point to just run in first half because I can't in CCM

bluemax

Banned
Oh yeah, fun things to beware of with regards to the draft, some players will stay in school and not be available until the next years draft. Some players will also change positions. I'm not sure when the position change happens, but I've read about people drafting fast QBs who ended up as WRs with no way to change them back.

Rorschach

Oh yeah, fun things to beware of with regards to the draft, some players will stay in school and not be available until the next years draft. Some players will also change positions. I'm not sure when the position change happens, but I've read about people drafting fast QBs who ended up as WRs with no way to change them back.

So much for scouting Tribows!

LJ11

It's pretty shitty that you can't change a players position, I want to use David Nelson as a TE/Flex receiver but it will always show up as WR. Figure people may think it's cheap to put a WR though he's not a burner, but it is how the Bills use him. He's never an in line blocker, but he's move around to crack, or come back across the formation and run block, kept real close to the line.

Actually have a formation where I can use a WR as an on the line wing. Also have a WR in the backfield. As is I'm not utilizing Nelson enough.

Feels like the games go by really fast.

It's pretty shitty that you can't change a players position, I want to use David Nelson as a TE/Flex receiver but it will always show up as WR. Figure people may think it's cheap to put a WR though he's not a burner, but it is how the Bills use him. He's never an in line blocker, but he's move around to crack, or come back across the formation and run block, kept real close to the line.

Actually have a formation where I can use a WR as an on the line wing. Also have a WR in the backfield. As is I'm not utilizing Nelson enough.

Feels like the games go by really fast.

rors puts a fullback in the slot. who gives a shit, play him at TE! and make me your first victim of this next week!

Top Bottom