• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

Something came up. I have to go in tomorrow at that time. Since that's the only opportunity for you tomorrow, we'll have to make it Wednesday.

GCQuinton

Getting ahead of this now: Bob, if we advance before midnight ET I should be able to play tonight. If not, when are you free tomorrow?

McNei1y

You're free from 4-11 now?

I mean I might be able to play at 11:30 tonight, I can't guarantee it though.

Ive always been free around that time. But now its only limited to that. Im working between 7:30 to 3:30. I could stay up late tomorrow probably. Just really tired tonight.

bluemax

Banned
Since there was some discussion about this last night, a quick looks at the sack numbers for the NFC West and the OL ratings as well:

RBK/PBK/IBL/STR/AWR

Cardinals
Levi Brown 86/81/82/89/79
Daryn Colledge 90/77/87/82/81
Lyle Sendlein 85/88/84/82/81
Adam Snyder 83/72/75/92/79
Bobby Massie 85/81/80/85/67

Times QB Sacked: 39
Bobby Massie 15
Levi Brown 9
Daryn Colledge 3
Pat McQuistan 3
Adam Snyder 2
Jeremy Bridges 1
Lyle Sendlein 1
Unaccounted: 5

49ers
Joe Staley 91/86/95/86/88
Mike Iupati 97/83/94/96/76
Jonathan Goodwin 82/85/83/84/81
Alex Boone 88/79/86/88/78
Anthony Davis 86/73/81/92/70

Times QB Sacked 16
Joe Staley 5
Anthony Davis 3
Alex Boone 2
Mike Iupati 1
Jonathan Goodwin 1
Unaccounted: 4

Rams
Roger Saffold 83/81/88/87/77
Rokevious Wakins 82/79/80/87/51
Scott Wells 88/90/87/86/90
Harvey Dahl 95/90/88/90/83
Barry Richardson 83/75/74/90/75

Times QB Sacked: 6
Barry Richardson 2
Harvey Dahl 1
Rodger Saffold 1
Unaccounted: 2

Seahawks
Russll Okung 85/87/87/87/80
Paul McQuistan 81/85/69/90/80
Max Unger 87/87/88/84/83
JR Sweezy 83/78/85/79/61
Breno Giacomini 82/78/74/83/76

Times QB Sacked: 9
Paul McQuistan 3
Max Unger 2
Breno Giacomini 1
JR Sweezy 1
Unaccounted 2

Despite Wellie's Eeyoring, the Rams have allowed the fewest sacks in the division, this is probably at least partially because the Rams are the only team with 2 players to have 90 or better pass block ratings.

Bobby Massie has been one of the worst LTs in the league, but the only relevant rating of his that seems that low is his awareness, which is the third worst of any starting OL in the division. Still he has the highest pass block rating of any Right Tackle in the NFC West and yet he's given up almost 3 times as many sacks!

Anywho, next thing I'll look at is the sack numbers of teams that each has played.

LukeSmith

Since there was some discussion about this last night, a quick looks at the sack numbers for the NFC West and the OL ratings as well:

Despite Wellie's Eeyoring, the Rams have allowed the fewest sacks in the division, this is probably at least partially because the Rams are the only team with 2 players to have 90 or better pass block ratings.

Bobby Massie has been one of the worst LTs in the league, but the only relevant rating of his that seems that low is his awareness, which is the third worst of any starting OL in the division. Still he has the highest pass block rating of any Right Tackle in the NFC West and yet he's given up almost 3 times as many sacks!

Anywho, next thing I'll look at is the sack numbers of teams that each has played.

Nice, Bluemax exposing the truth!

Colasante

You're the Football Outsiders of the Madden league. I love it.

Somnia

Just thought I'd leave this here before I head out, she just keeps getting better every year.

FFN_Chabert_Lacey_RIA_092912_50901091.jpg

Sad thing is, I can't believe she is 30 now, I'm getting old.

bluemax

Banned
More NFC West Sacks Info:

Cardinals
---------------
Seahawks 7 18 39%
Patriots 4 10 40%
Eagles 12 26 46%
Dolphins 4 15 27%
Rams 4 16 25%
Bills 5 25 20%
Vikings 3 20 15%

49ers
---------------
Packers 2 5 40%
Lions 1 16 6%
Vikings 3 20 15%
Jets 2 12 17%
Bills 6 25 24%
Seahawks 1 18 5.5%

Rams
---------------
Lions 0 16 0%
Redskins 0 13 0%
Bears 1 11 9%
Seahawks 2 18 11%
Cardinals 0 4 0%
Dolphins 2 15 13%
Packers 1 5 20%

Seahawks
---------------
Cardinals 0 4 0%
Cowboys 1 18 5.5%
Packers 0 5 0%
Rams 0 16 0%
Panthers 2 16 12.5%
Patriots 2 10 20%
49ers 3 17 18%

First number is number of times they were sacked by that team. Second number is number of sacks that team has on the season. Third is what percentage of that teams sack numbers came from that game.

Patriots, Eagles and Seahawks owe a lot of their sack numbers to the Cardinals! The Bills have absolutely feasted on the NFC West so far.

LukeSmith

First number is number of times they were sacked by that team. Second number is number of sacks that team has on the season. Third is what percentage of that teams sack numbers came from that game.

Patriots, Eagles and Seahawks owe a lot of their sack numbers to the Cardinals! The Bills have absolutely feasted on the NFC West so far.

The real numbers here would be each team's sacks per drop back.

For an offense that'd be Sacks/(Sacks+Attempts)
Same for a defense, but then you can calculate the sacks above a (or below) a team's average and detect the relative quality of the offensive line in question.

i.e., Wellie's stats could be low because he hasn't played a team that generates a bunch of sacks, et cetera

bluemax

Banned
The real numbers here would be each team's sacks per drop back.

For an offense that'd be Sacks/(Sacks+Attempts)
Same for a defense, but then you can calculate the sacks above a (or below) a team's average and detect the relative quality of the offensive line in question.

i.e., Wellie's stats could be low because he hasn't played a team that generates a bunch of sacks, et cetera

Right. Last time I listed sack stuff I posted offensive sack % because I knew not everyone passes as much. Wellie and I were at the top of that list by a good margin.

A full on defensive analysis would take a lot longer to do. But I think intuitively the teams that get the most and biggest leads will have more sacks because their opponents are forced to pass more. Like my last game against FMT where he only had 6 pass attempts because he had a huge lead and an effective running game.

A big "problem" is the number of teams who either can't or won't run the ball.

Colasante

Right. Last time I listed sack stuff I posted offensive sack % because I knew not everyone passes as much. Wellie and I were at the top of that list by a good margin.

A full on defensive analysis would take a lot longer to do. But I think intuitively the teams that get the most and biggest leads will have more sacks because their opponents are forced to pass more. Like my last game against FMT where he only had 6 pass attempts because he had a huge lead and an effective running game.

Hey, I tried running the ball in my last game and I legitimately got tackled by my offensive lineman. I took that as a sign that the Madden gods don't want me to run the ball.

Sokantish

It's true, he probably had a pretty decent gain there because I missed him, but then his own guy just turned right into his direction and flattened him.

bluemax

Banned
Hey, I tried running the ball in my last game and I legitimately got tackled by my offensive lineman. I took that as a sign that the Madden gods don't want me to run the ball.

I had some runs against FMT where it looked like I got hit sticked THROUGH my offensive linemen. :(

Speaking of running:

Marshawn Lynch Week 1: 17 Att 67 yards
Marshawn Lynch Week 2: 13 Att 36 yards
Robert Turbin Week 3: 22 Att 56 yards
Robert Turbin Week 4: 6 Att 29 yards
Robert Turbin Week 5: 17 Att 107 yards
Robert Turbin Week 6: 24 Att 106 yards
Robert Turbin Week 7: 16 Att 60 yards

Running back controversy? Not that these stats are amazing or anything.

turbin had a couple good runs against me. he's a bit speedier than lynch but if turbin gets touched he goes down immediately. pretty sure lynch is similar to gore in that he can keep his balance and shrug off tacklers.

am i the only player in the league who uses 4 RB's regularly!?

bluemax

Banned
turbin had a couple good runs against me. he's a bit speedier than lynch but if turbin gets touched he goes down immediately. pretty sure lynch is similar to gore in that he can keep his balance and shrug off tacklers.

am i the only player in the league who uses 4 RB's regularly!?

Turbin actually has lower speed than Lynch but slightly better acceleration. Lynch is better in pretty much everything not related to catching passes.

As for 4 RBs, I dunno. I know there are some people who use two like GCQ and Wellie, but I haven't seen anyone go deeper than that.

I'll probably stick to Lynch/Turbin with Washington coming in on third downs to catch passes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Tell me friend...

... how do I convert those numbers into wins?

Ferny

Tomorrow I won't be back till 930 CT or so, I can roll whenever after that

Tonight would be better though :D Would you be able to roll earlier if it advanced earlier?

That's 10:30 est my time so that's ok. I honestly can't do tonight. Got some buddies over and really just watching the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wtf game is out tomorrow? I see people camping out at a few of the local gamestops. I assume it's RE 6, but you guys dumpstered it so badly.

Wtf game is out tomorrow? I see people camping out at a few of the local gamestops. I assume it's RE 6, but you guys dumpstered it so badly.

i can't believe anyone is excited for RE6 after how crappy RE 5 was. the game wasn't completely unplayable or anything but it wasn't very entertaining. i don't see why anyone would be at a midnight launch for resident evil: giraffe getting head

Top Bottom