• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

08q0x.png

Awwh fuck, he's not perma'd is he?? That would just be my luck, he talks shit then gets banned off GAF so I can't rub in my lopsided win.

Trasher

As a guy who rarely delves outside of TDM, the playlists are fine for me.

Once you play a little more and the trueskill kicks in, it's nearly impossible to play that game going in by yourself. That is if your goal is to have fun.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As opposed to what? I don't lile objective based games. Its easier to overcome stupid team members in simple death match than capture the flag

Ramirez

As opposed to what? I don't lile objective based games. Its easier to overcome stupid team members in simple death match than capture the flag

Team Slayer doesn't have the Title Update, vanilla Reach is garbage. TU Reach is only mildly better, but the 85% bloom is so much better than 100%...

McNei1y

I played alot of Halo today but all team slayer playlist. Mostly because I was playing with my brother who's not very good.

bluemax

Banned
WTF time do they put demos up at? I was about to go to sleep and remembered the Madden demo was supposed to drop but I don't see it yet.

BigAT

It's not listed under the New Releases section of the demo page, you have to go through the A-Z listing to find it.

eznark

Banned
You don't need to honestly. Game does a good job or letting you know what went down as you play. I would just jump right into 2.

Did you finally get the resolution figured out? What a freaking annoyance that was. By the time I got it all handled I was fed up and went to bed.

Are you guys playing with a 360 controller?

Nightz

GMG fail. Still waiting on my Sleeping Dogs key. Was hoping to start the download before I left for work, but nope. At least I got the Madden demo started.

Ferny

Did you finally get the resolution figured out? What a freaking annoyance that was. By the time I got it all handled I was fed up and went to bed.

Are you guys playing with a 360 controller?

I got the resolution thing worked out. Seems you gotta do it straight from the main screen to work right. VSYNC isn't totally working fine, i'm seeing that doing it from the graphics card software works best but it isn't really bothering me any so i'll just leave it as is. I am totally playing with a 360 controller. Couldn't see playing it any other way.

BigAT

Except he is the best lb in the league in real life. And the closest lb to him is navarro bowman!
That doesn't mean he can cover all 53 yards laterally on the field or don an invisibility cloak that causes blockers to ignore him.

Honestly, how can bullshit like this happen in the Infinity Engine still? Look at this nonsense:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/102813823

Ban LB play
Or make FMT actually play him and not let the CPU do it for him.

That doesn't mean he can cover all 53 yards laterally on the field or don an invisibility cloak that causes blockers to ignore him.

Honestly, how can bullshit like this happen in the Infinity Engine still? Look at this nonsense:

I'm on my iPhone so I see KW imbedded! You lose!

And I switch between pwill, bowman, nickle cb and goldson! I ain't scurred of manual D!

P.s. why don't you post the vid of bowman stripping your rb but the shitty ass refs calling forward progress. One of the worst calls ever

Birdman02

You son of a bitch! You may not have gotten FMT, but I fell for it. That's what I get for immediately clicking the link instead of scrolling down and reading FMT's post.

On the first play of the demo the Seahawks toss it weak side and I take Riley and am set to blow Lynch up in the backfield and I get sucked into the biggest suction block I have ever seen, at least 5-6 yards back to the middle of the field to the left tackle. But then it never happened again after that. Really weird.

Manual tackling seems tough like NCAA, which is good imho. Two of the biggest changes I wanted to see:

Twins doesn't result in LB on WR in man coverage anymore
Going for strips can actually hurt you

Both of these were big issues in M12 for me and they seem fixed in this one. Seahawks ran a lot of twins and I never had a LB on the inside WR, and I went for strips and the CPU broke a tackle a bunch. Then again this could just be a result of playing the CPU.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Team Slayer doesn't have the Title Update, vanilla Reach is garbage. TU Reach is only mildly better, but the 85% bloom is so much better than 100%...

Alot of harsh words for a game you seem to be playing all the time

Any impressions on the pass D?

I played a game on All-Pro and one on All-Madden. On AP I completed like 75% of my passes with RG3 for almost 400 yards and 4 TD's. Guys were wide open. On All-Madden I completed maybe 50% with Alex Smith but had 3 INT's. The AI played better coverage but it seemed like NCAA where there was no magic defense making plays without seeing the ball. There was one play where I threw a curl and Webster in zone but wasn't eying the WR but then saw the ball and dove in and broke it up. Was a really amazing animation. In past Maddens I bet he would have zipped over and picked it off.

My first deep ball Phillips jumped up and swatted it then picked it off as he hit the ground. Another nice play.

Game will probably play pretty differently in user/user games like all Madden games do. The big difference in difficulty jump was the pass rush. Big reason it was so easy with RG3 was I had all day to throw. On All-Madden the linemen were just cutting right through. Alex barely had time to get his tiny hands around the ball before the defense was all over him.

Top Bottom