• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LiveWire

You can have my D-line play...

charlton%20heston.jpg

Sokantish

The best feature of the demo... you can share results of games on twitter at the end of a game with a press of a button! Wow, I want this game NOW.

The 49ers beat me somehow in one of the games I played. I blame the short quarters and accelerated clock. Willis cheating didn't help either.

Colasante

The best feature of the demo... you can share results of games on twitter at the end of a game with a press of a button! Wow, I want this game NOW.

The 49ers beat me somehow in one of the games I played. I blame the short quarters and accelerated clock. Willis cheating didn't help either.

I found it harder than I expected on All Pro. Maybe just because it's new. Not sure if it's due to changes or anything.

BigAT

You can turn down accelerated clock using the in game settings.

BigAT

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought it'd be greyed out. I guess I'll try that next time.

It is when you start the game, you can only change it when you're actually inside a game (as well as a few other things like auto-strafe and legacy strategy pad stuff).

Sokantish

Okay, thanks

Anyone else notice the physics making the game look pretty silly sometimes? After every play I see a few guys trip and fall over. The tackling does look better though

Mrbob

PS1 games August 28! Rise from your grave Vita!

PS Plus for Vita should be awesome. If a device really needed plus support, it is Vita.

McNei1y

I was skeptical on Jay Z selecting the soundtrack for NBA 2K13 since I usually find some good indie/alt music on there but damn he has some good rap classics on there.

BigAT

Okay, thanks

Anyone else notice the physics making the game look pretty silly sometimes? After every play I see a few guys trip and fall over. The tackling does look better though

Yeah, there is definitely going to be some real funky looking stuff with the new engines. I've seen a lot of necks bend backwards unnaturally on players, especially when getting up out of pile.

The one thing I really don't like is the new engine can sometimes really make the hits look like they are lacking impact. Players don't feel like they have much of a "weight" to them, sometimes guys just crumble to the ground from very little impact. Guys rag doll more than any jacked NFLer ever would.

DMczaf

The one thing I really don't like is the new engine can sometimes really make the hits look like they are lacking impact. Players don't feel like they have much of a "weight" to them, sometimes guys just crumble to the ground from very little impact. Guys rag doll more than any jacked NFLer ever would.

What? In the one game I played I've had some pretty brutal hit sticks on defenseless WRs over the middle.

No flag! No fines! No evidence!

McNei1y

First Impressions:

I just played a game on All-Madden using the Redskins. I lost 36-21.

Pros:
-The animations seem great
-The predator whatever is a good addition
-RGIII is cool
-I like the kicking meter (All-Madden is incredibly fast)
-Very similar to last year
-I already have more kick return TD's in this game than I did in Madden 12 (1)

Cons:
-Defensive Injuries may still be a problem. Two of my guys on defense were injured when tackling. I don't know their injury ratings but both guys were going for open field tackles against Lynch and they get injured. One was out the entire game (didn't see the inury) and the other was out for a few plays.

-This might just be on All-Madden but players drop the ball alot... I had Garcon (who has a 85 catch rating or something like that) drop the ball 3-4 times when it hit him. It could've been because it switches control to the receiver and I may have just started prematurely running instead of pressing whatever the catch button is. I'll make sure to not press ANYTHING when I pass the ball next time.

-It could be Lynch, it could be All-Madden (probably Lynch), but tackling was sort of shitty at some points. Lynch pulled the beast mode during one drive... 5-6 guys attempted to open field tackle him but he spun 3 guys off, trucked 1, and stiff armed the other for a 60 yard TD.

Its a fun game though!

DMczaf

-It could be Lynch, it could be All-Madden (probably Lynch), but tackling was sort of shitty at some points. Lynch pulled the beast mode during one drive... 5-6 guys attempted to open field tackle him but he spun 3 guys off, trucked 1, and stiff armed the other for a 60 yard TD.

sean-payton1.jpg

I like controlling one of the MLB's and shooting the gap on run plays. It either seems way harder in M13 to do it or I just really suck at doing it now. Anyone else had any issues? Wouldn't be too bad if its harder to do, it's way too easy on M12 imho.

LJ11

I like controlling one of the MLB's and shooting the gap on run plays. It either seems way harder in M13 to do it or I just really suck at doing it now. Anyone else had any issues? Wouldn't be too bad if its harder to do, it's way too easy on M12 imho.

3-4 Solid, and I was able to shoot with weak side mike when the run was strong side. Or you can just bring down the safety and shoot that way.

McNei1y

So, am I playing for the Patriots at this point? How is the selection of the remaining teams going to go if so?

Yea I think you're playing Colasante. The shadow council hasn't decided what to do yet for the remaining teams.

What's this?

I'm mos def botching the name of it but its some type of physics thing that makes animations look more realistic, I believe. I mean in game I had some GTAIV moments, aka falling down like a rag doll after being hit.

Oh, and I think I mixed games up with the predator thing. I think in this game its called Infinity Engine.. Predator engine might be Battlefield 3... I dont know lol

LJ11

Yes. Against colasante.

P.s. LJ did the demo sway you?!

Didn't sway me to not play, so I think that's a positive. Only one game, I'll play more tonight. My only beef is with the graphics being too dark.

Top 10 rush defense last year and it only got better this off season. Don't hate.

Kept getting pressure off the left side, but I gashed the run D with Helu. Broke a 40 yarder, and their LBs made no plays to be honest. If they stuffed the run it was because a DT shed and slammed for a minimum gain.

Top Bottom