• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Yea not sure if this is All-Madden or a new thing for Madden 13 but the receiving is getting on my nerves. I dropped a couple more balls wide open. From now on I'm just going to hit Y whenever I throw it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yea not sure if this is All-Madden or a new thing for Madden 13 but the receiving is getting on my nerves. I dropped a couple more balls wide open. From now on I'm just going to hit Y whenever I throw it.

I don't understand, are you trying to manually catch it?

McNei1y

I don't understand, are you trying to manually catch it?

Remember how last year when you threw the ball, the CPU would be running the route unless you hit A/B to switch to the receiver?

Well right now it seems that its automatically switching you to the WR after you throw it. I don't know if its forcing you to catch it manually now or something but my receivers have been dropping the ball quite often even though their wide open and have a catch rating of 83+

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I hope there's some option for that. If the game is going to force us to take control it will lead to hilarity here.

McNei1y

I hope there's some option for that. If the game is going to force us to take control it will lead to hilarity here.

I could be wrong though. I used to push the stick forward when the ball was in the air so right when they catch it they could start moving. Here, it seems you have control of your guy immediately so you can move him when the ball is in the air. That could be why my guys are dropping it since I'm running before catching.

McNei1y

Wait, manual catching? I've played three games in the demo and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I don't think its manual catching. I thought it was there in the first game but I'm wrong. I just see way to many dropped balls, especially in wide open routes.

All-Madden passing is destroying my defense. Their juke moves are too.

Yeah it happened every now and again in M12, you'd hit the WR and he'd seem to take off running before he completed the catch, but you were in control of him.

But a lot of my drops in the demo are just wide open drops. But IIRC the M12 demo had this issue as well. A lot of it is the All-Madden difficulty and playing versus the AI.

So what difference does it make?

you just don't get it do you? out of the 15 or so people who play DT in the league, two of them had like 30 sacks or something! it's outrageous!

and guess what? those two people WON THE MOST FUCKING GAMES IN LEAGUE HISTORY! i'll have to check my records but i don't believe either wellington OR splat lost 1 game last year.... and they played each other!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
and guess what? those two people WON THE MOST FUCKING GAMES IN LEAGUE HISTORY! i'll have to check my records but i don't believe either wellington OR splat lost 1 game last year.... and they played each other!

I dont get what CK sucking at offense has to do with D-line play.

And pretty sure Splat took the division over you

I dont get what CK sucking at offense has to do with D-line play.

And pretty sure Splat took the division over you

wellington combined sacks against me in 2 games: 0

and the only reason splat won the division that year is because you filled in for him for a few games ;)

CB3

wellington combined sacks against me in 2 games: 0

and the only reason splat won the division that year is because you filled in for him for a few games ;)

All you do is run the ball behind that stone wall O-Line then scramble with Kap for first downs. im not surprised he didnt sack you

McNei1y

Yeah it happened every now and again in M12, you'd hit the WR and he'd seem to take off running before he completed the catch, but you were in control of him.

But a lot of my drops in the demo are just wide open drops. But IIRC the M12 demo had this issue as well. A lot of it is the All-Madden difficulty and playing versus the AI.

Ah, okay at least I'm not the only one. It's getting rather annoying. Fred Davis and Josh Morgan have dropped the ball a combined 4 times with Garcon 4 of his own in the 4 games I played. 3 or 4 of those dropped balls were easy first down catches.

CB3

Except this is based off that. Get back to me when you've played through an extensive amount of Madden 13 or go back in time to the last couple seasons of Madden 12

bluemax

Banned
I finally got the demo. Man these rosters suck. Kellen Winslow higher rated than Zach Miller?

Barrett Ruud the starting MLB?

Dat Donny Moore Tampa Bias.

LukeSmith

Alright, dline debates can continue as more people get the game.

I'm slaving away at the office, I want more impressions of gameplay!

Bradshaw fumbled. I like this game!

I'm here for this.

just like he did in the nfc championship game :(

p.s.

i've had two wide open drops on all madden. lol wtf, mcneily was right!

and man this game looks weird during gameplay. its like the really dumbed down the graphics during gameplay. oh well!

McNei1y

I finally got the demo. Man these rosters suck. Kellen Winslow higher rated than Zach Miller?

Barrett Ruud the starting MLB?

Dat Donny Moore Tampa Bias.

Cooley's injury made a huge impact. I remember when he was in the 90s. Now he's like 78 or something.

Rorschach

Except this is based off that. Get back to me when you've played through an extensive amount of Madden 13 or go back in time to the last couple seasons of Madden 12

Yeah, but you commented on that based on this demo. A DE just went by your tackle. Shit needs to be banned... nevermind that he wasn't player controlled so it doesn't lend any credence to your argument anyway. So, basically, your mind was made up when Wellington got a ton of sacks. Not based on the game releasing in August.

I don't think we should decide until we can get player v player matches. If it's clear that it's an issue, then it should be banned. I didn't see evidence of that when I played last year, but I wasn't here all of last year. I'm not saying it definitely shouldn't be banned, but the jury is still out. And yes, I'm leaning towards no, but I haven't made up my mind as you guys have.

[edit] I really like the 9ers. Can I play for them?

LiveWire

Ah, okay at least I'm not the only one. It's getting rather annoying. Fred Davis and Josh Morgan have dropped the ball a combined 4 times with Garcon 4 of his own in the 4 games I played. 3 or 4 of those dropped balls were easy first down catches.

Sounds like Redskins football to me. :(

Rorschach

So far it seems comebacks are way too easy. The defense is so lost on them.

[edit]Crabbles is a beast with the ball in his hands...

Rorschach

i got a comeback picked when the CB jumped the route. this was on all-madden though. if all-madden is going to be the drop-fest that it is in the demo then we'll be playing on all-pro!

I'll try all-madden next, but all-pro is way too easy. Don't we have sliders this year? What players were dropping passes?

I'll try all-madden next, but all-pro is way too easy. Don't we have sliders this year? What players were dropping passes?

i had 6 pass attempts:

1 completion to brandon jacobs
3 drops by crabtree (wide open drops)
1 drop by moss
1 drop by manningham

keep in mind i was not hit on any of the drops. now maybe this doesn't happen in human vs. human games so who knows

LukeSmith

You are the best player in the league, how you do on All-Pro doesn't matter. The game is just easy for you.

We need to use the Livewire's and the Bobby's of this world on All-Madden as the bar, not the only S+ tier player in the league

Rorschach

i had 6 pass attempts:

1 drop by moss
1 drop by manningham

keep in mind i was not hit on any of the drops. now maybe this doesn't happen in human vs. human games so who knows

Ouch. No drops in my game... in fact, someone just caught a ball that bounced off three defenders. Friggin' manning magic >:|

McNei1y

haha you should've seen this first quarter!

I give up a TD on their first drive. My first play is a run to the outside. I get about 15 yards but then Hightower fumbles it! I give up another TD on their drive. Then Brandon Banks fumbles on the kickoff. I give up yet another TD (21-0). My second play of the game is an interception. At least I didn't let them score 4 times, yet!

Okay, so another case for these wide open drops!

Also, there are sliders in the Demo, or some form of sliders.

Splat

haha you should've seen this first quarter!

I give up a TD on their first drive. My first play is a run to the outside. I get about 15 yards but then Hightower fumbles it! I give up another TD on their drive. Then Brandon Banks fumbles on the kickoff. I give up yet another TD (21-0). My second play of the game is an interception. At least I didn't let them score 4 times, yet!

Maybe you've evolved to going down in flames early so you don't have to deal with crushing disappointment when you lose in the 4th.

BigAT

i had 6 pass attempts:

1 drop by moss
1 drop by manningham

So Alex Smith can only have completions to players that aren't playing wide receiver? If it's in the game...

You seriously expect us to believe you went 6 attempts without targeting Davis? If you're going to lie, at least put something believable like only 4 Davis attempts, you got greedy.

LJ11

Every back can spin like Marshall Faulk.

So far it seems comebacks are way too easy. The defense is so lost on them.

[edit]Crabbles is a beast with the ball in his hands...

Yeah, there are a few curl routes that create ridiculous seperation, not the regular ones but the ones that have the wiggle at the top. WR still get open on some short stick routes against man pretty easily, depends on the play.

lol god damn randy moss is cheese in the game. he has a 99 spec catch rating and 84 overall. i can just throw it up to him and he will come down with it. plus he gets off the bump extremely quickly

and alex smith aint too shabby at throwing deep :D

Top Bottom