• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Maybe you've evolved to going down in flames early so you don't have to deal with crushing disappointment when you lose in the 4th.

At least that'll lessen my chances of having a heart attack due to this game.

All Madden is some whole other shit. Jesus

That's all I've been playing on. I haven't done All-Pro yet. I think I'll give it a go after this game. Maybe Lynch won't beast mode the shit out of me as much.

Rorschach

Final score 42-6.

Alexis with 311 yards, 4TDs
Crabbles 11 catches 176 yards, 2 TDs

Actual pancakes on the board! Kilgore and VD.

100% third down conversion, no turnovers (+2), 6 for 6 RZ.

I'll try All-Madden.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Final score 42-6.

Alexis with 311 yards, 4TDs
Crabbles 11 catches 176 yards, 2 TDs

Actual pancakes on the board! Kilgore and VD.

100% third down conversion, no turnovers (+2), 6 for 6 RZ.

I'll try All-Madden.

I didnt come across any drops on All Pro. All Madden, my first 4 passes were drops. I just exited out and went back to all pro

Yeah we're gonna go with All Pro. Unless we wanna do extensive slider tuning.

we can test out human vs. human all madden. you know when you play the CPU they always bust out the bullshit but maybe some of this crap isn't there for human games. i wouldn't mind except for the drops :/

and i wouldn't even mind on some of the drops if my guy was actually getting hit but this wide open shit is ridiculous!

p.s.

god damn they rated ray macdonald a 92, justin smith a 98. so the front 7:

justin smith - 98
soap - 84
the mac - 92
brooks - 84
pwill - 99
bowman - 91
aldson smith - 89

mmm mmmm mmm

also, i think this demo must be a couple months old or so because there are some players missing that we signed. can anyone who played this AND the e3 version compare?

Rorschach

I didnt come across any drops on All Pro. All Madden, my first 4 passes were drops. I just exited out and went back to all pro

That was a problem in 12 as well. It seemed less so in human v human. Luckily we have sliders, though. Maybe we can get All-Madden type CBs and All-Pro type WRs.

BigAT

Yep, the 49ers defense is absolutely absurd. Their front seven as demonstrated above, then both the safeties are in the high 80s if I remember correctly. Carlos Rodgers is 90 something and even their second CB is in the 80s.

bluemax

Banned
Just got a coverage sack of RG3 for a safety. I was playing MLB so the cpu did all the real work on the defensive line.

Edit: I just got called for PI on a play where I was playing MLB and blocked the WR with my body and the ball hit off me. That almost never got called in the past.

BigAT

Glitch... no huddle by eli fucks up my coverages completely. Whole team uncovered.

I got that as well, twice. My defensive players stayed lined up as they were on the the first play, despite everyone being on the complete opposite side of the field on the hurry up play (man coverage on both).

bluemax

Banned
how much different are the graphics/gameplay from what you played @ e3

I feel like the character models look worse but it could be my imagination or my TV, I dunno.

I feel like they made some tweaks to the secondary AI. I think I was getting away with a lot more at E3. I'm still completing >60% of my passes but I've thrown a decent number of picks while attempting certain types of throws.

Could just be that E3 was on Pro and I've been playing on All Pro.

Overall I'm enjoying the new passing system a lot. When I get picked off or throw an incompletion it makes a lot more sense than in the past. Like I actually can tell where I went wrong vs just Spidey senses.

I also feel like running plays aren't as hit or miss as in the past. But I'm holding out on judgement until I play some of you assholes who have spidey senses at shooting the gap.

Its nice to be able to return punts and kicks again. I think I amassed more yardage in those areas than I did all of last year so far.

That's CK's fault, ban dline!

It might have been a LBer, I didn't watch the replay.

Rorschach

All-Madden

R.Moss 7 receptions 88 yards
V.Davis 6 receptions 123 yards
Crabbles 2 receptions 19 yards
Manningham 1 8 yards
Jenkings 1 for 8 yards

Drops
Moss 2 (both wide open in the 4th quarter with a couple mins left)
Davis 1
Crabs 0
Manningham 0
Jenkings 1
Walker 1

All in all, not too bad. I think part of it is CPU comeback mechanic. I played offline 12 franchise and it's way worse. I'll reserve judgement for player v player.

Davis had 4 pancakes... 1 for staley, slowey, and miller each.

Trasher

Just won 17-3 against the FMTs. Willis was in full-on stupid mode tackling everything as usual. My first offensive play of the game was an 80 yard touchdown run by Bradshaw. He ended up finishing with 9 carries for 103 yards though lol. 9ers had the ball for 12 min, and I only had it for 7. 5 minute quarters are so terribly short.

Oh, and I played it on All-Pro for the first game. I'll notch it up to All-Madden for the next one.

Kickoff returning does seem more doable in this game.

The graphics didn't seem to really improve at all in my opinion. Doesn't matter to me at all though. The player animations are pretty great this time around.

im loving the passing game so far. really mirrors what ncaa is doing this year but i think madden is even better. FINALLY people can be punished for playing bump and run all game because you can really fit a ball in to tight spaces whereas in years past you more or less have to be WIDE open with no help deep to even want to attempt a deep throw after the bump (because the CB who bumped you would recover so quickly and could pick the ball at any time)

also, kaepernick is once again ridiculous. i don't care if he is rated a 70 he has a fucking cannon arm and is pretty fast. lemichael james ain't too shabby running the ball either. and manningham/moss/crabcakes are beasts.... to speak nothing of VD!

McNei1y

I'm down for a game tonight. Again I have:

XBLA:

-TMNT
-Duke Nukem
-Bomberman Live
-Battlefield 1943
-Worms Armageddon

360:

-Halo
-L4D2
-RDR
-GOW3

PC:

-CS 1.6+Source
-TF2
-Dota 2
-BF3
-SC2
-And whatever web browsing games!

I'm around right now for anything. anyone else?

we can figure the game after we figure te people

Also, I don't think the skins' LBs are that bad, but I had an OLB chasing down man to man a HB running to the flats, and then he suddenly tarded out and went the wrong direction. had to get safety help
this was on all madden

Top Bottom