• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Smokey

I'm hoping today..doubt it with the holiday.

DCX

do you know what icing is?

this is a pivotal and important question

That's not all that hard. It only takes 1 day to get past the BO phase.

was a bad game though

One of the best people I play Halo with is black, don't turn this into a race war!

liar!

did you just call thrasher black? or is he not one of the best people you play halo with?!

this sounds like one of those typical "i got a co-worker who is black" or "my best friend is black", but .......

Smokey

Yeah, but what if I want to beat Smokey?

should've got your licks in on me in 2k12!

it was the lost year. like madden 11. thats why cb beats his chest after scoring 80 points in the paint every game to beat me. it was an unofficial year, but now that 2k13 is out it won't happen, sorry sok!

Trasher

One of the best people I play Halo with is black, don't turn this into a race war!

Too bad he sucks at DotA! He was drunk this weekend and bragging about how he punched some douchebag in the face. He then tried to play a difficult hero (Invoker) mid lane and ended up bombing the game for us. Good times!

Mrbob

If I get it I will destroy smokey

Keep dreaming, chump! I remember making you rage quit NBA2K forever in our 4 game playoff series, before the end of game three! Then Smokey used dirty delay tactics so I would cool off.

Of course now all the bandwagoners probably want to use the Thunder I pioneered.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If I get it I will destroy smokey

If that were to happen he would end up creating a fictional glitch that prevents him from playing anyone on his friends list in quick matches. But he could play randoms just fine.

Yes, he actually did that in 2k12.

Smokey

Keep dreaming, chump! I remember making you rage quit NBA2K forever in our 4 game playoff series, before the end of game three! Then Smokey used dirty delay tactics so I would cool off.

Of course now all the bandwagoners probably want to use the Thunder I pioneered.

How are you going to champion the Thunder....when you are a backwards *Chicago fan? Definition of a bandwagoner. Only person who can put claim to the Thunder is Luke!

Nightz

NHL is fun, but I bet NBA is fun too. I think I'm gonna get it soon. I can't decide between PC or 360 though!

PC version has a lot of missing features:

Game Modes

MyTEAM
Preorder All Star Weekend (dunk contest, 3pt contest)

Game Features

MyCloset for MyPLAYER
VC Currency System (the game uses the console’s “offline” skill point system for MyCAREER)
Unlockable Blacktop Stars (on consoles they can be purchased with VC; not in PC version)

Playing Against Specific Opponents (including friends)
3-on-3 Blacktop with MyPLAYERs

Graphics

Self-Shadowing on Players
Advanced Stadium Lighting (colored lights in crowd)
Not sure if any of that matters to you though.

Mrbob

How are you going to champion the Thunder....when you are a backwards *Chicago fan? Definition of a bandwagoner. Only person who can put claim to the Thunder is Luke!

I'm never allowed to use the Bulls. Forced to use the Thunder instead and adapt my skills to them!

Quiet down or else I'll run up the score on you next time we play in madden. I was nice enough to let the score look respectable this time but you are quickly removing my good will towards you!

You TKO'd pheeniks I agree.

It's just funny how yall hanging on to that good fight hoping that there would be some serious issue with networking in the game so you can come here and say "SEE I TOLD YOU"!! Has been proven to be the exact opposite, so now we fall back on 2k12 material. Or better yet, Facebook stalk like a creeper

FUD

except that networking isn't the only issue, and you still haven't shown that leagues work

and stop saying fight the good fight you fuck it's not a fight

Mrbob

I'll admit I'm still a little salty about the finish where I got stopped a half yard short on 4th down at your 35 yard line with 40 seconds left.

6'7" TE, catches the ball and gets dropped right away by PWILL short of the first down marker. STRETCH you ahole. Madden needs to take height into account.

Smokey

except that networking isn't the only issue, and you still haven't shown that leagues work

and stop saying fight the good fight you fuck it's not a fight

Every time 2k is brought up you A1 eating stank breath fuck, you and CB come running in.

I'll admit I'm still a little salty about the finish where I got stopped a half yard short on 4th down at your 35 yard line with 40 seconds left.

6'7" TE, catches the ball and gets dropped right away by PWILL short of the first down marker. STRETCH you ahole. Madden needs to take height into account.

You weren't getting a TD. It took you like 40 seconds to go 10 yards. Even if you got that first I would not let you get into the endzone

Rorschach

It does take height into account, but dude, it's Super Willis!

Mrbob

I got a question. I have Marshall, who is tall and can jump very well. If I have a CB on him 1 on 1 in bump or press, and I lob a pass on a fade route, shouldn't Marshall get the ball every time? I'm scared to throw that pass because I figure the CPU will pick it off.

Patrick Willis won't be able to keep up with Anthony Fasano

I got a question. I have Marshall, who is tall and can jump very well. If I have a CB on him 1 on 1 in bump or press, and I lob a pass on a fade route, shouldn't Marshall get the ball every time? I'm scared to throw that pass because I figure the CPU will pick it off.

Uh, thank god he doesn't get it every time

It's basically a coin flip

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
goaline fades have been severely weakened in this madden. Which is probably good because they were like 90% effective once you got the timing down.

Just a simple go route is much more effective against press I'd say.

Mrbob

Uh, thank god he doesn't get it every time

It's basically a coin flip

Why shouldn't he get it nearly every time? Teams are always punished when they try to bump Marshall in real life. Yet I can't get any separation to throw it to him in game.

Edit: Anyone want to practice later tonight or tomorrow night? I want to test out different patterns with Marshall being pressed.

Mrbob

It was amazing during the game how Carlos Rogers neutralized Marshall. I understand he has 93 press, but Marshall has 98 release. FMT said he just bumped all game, never in a full press.

Yet Rogers always had position on Marshall. Slant? Rogers had the inside cut off. In Route? Rogers again with positioning. This is on every pass play. Not one time did Marshall get an advantage.

The solution is to move him to the slot, which I may just do!

It was amazing during the game how Carlos Rogers neutralized Marshall. I understand he has 93 press, but Marshall has 98 release. FMT said he just bumped all game, never in a full press.

Yet Rogers always had position on Marshall. Slant? Rogers had the inside cut off. In Route? Rogers again with positioning. This is on every pass play. Not one time did Marshall get an advantage.

The solution is to move him to the slot, which I may just do!

Move him to the slot and ill get an easy double on him. The choice is yours! And I had help on Marshall all game over the top... Except for a few well timed blitzes!

Smokey

Down on d pad, a to choose rec, then you can choose how you want to cover him. You can press this way without that the dolt commentators telling your opponent that you are doing so.

Mrbob

Move him to the slot and ill get an easy double on him. The choice is yours! And I had help on Marshall all game over the top... Except for a few well timed blitzes!

Yeah I know, but even with safety help on cb bump pass defense, there still should be a small window open if the pass is timed right. Where the WR is between the CB and safety.

Sokantish

Why shouldn't he get it nearly every time? Teams are always punished when they try to bump Marshall in real life. Yet I can't get any separation to throw it to him in game.

Edit: Anyone want to practice later tonight or tomorrow night? I want to test out different patterns with Marshall being pressed.

Yeah let's practice dude

LJ11

Down on d pad, a to choose rec, then you can choose how you want to cover him. You can press this way without that the dolt commentators telling your opponent that you are doing so.

Right you can individually press and shade guys, just takes longer to do. Safeties won't come in that situation.

Top Bottom