• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

What does the NFC look like? I'm just guesstimating my remaining schedule so the fans in DC can have hope. I also don't want to give Wellie a good draft pick.

Nightz

"Soon"

As in never.

Yeah, the site is the one thing killing my enthusiasm for this league. With LM and the old EA site (with sablescript) I could sit at work and look at stats, standings and all that stuff. This year's site has none of that, plus it looks and runs like crap.

BigAT

Yeah, the site is the one thing killing my enthusiasm for this league. With LM and the old EA site (with sablescript) I could sit at work and look at stats, standings and all that stuff. This year's site has none of that, plus it looks and runs like crap.

It's pretty awful.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What does the NFC look like? I'm just guesstimating my remaining schedule so the fans in DC can have hope. I also don't want to give Wellie a good draft pick.

Psssh, the way I feel right now, any additional pick in the first round would be immensely helpful. My secondary stinks, my back seven aside from JLau and Finnegan are replacement level, my WRs can never and will never get open - even Amendola, 3 out of 5 slots in my OL are only better than their backups or whats available in FA due to progression... I need help everywhere.

I hope that I'll make an FA acquisition or two and with the draft picks I should be much more competitive by the end of next season after the first rounders progress. I need to make the playoffs to get rid of my F- prestige so I can actually sign an FA. :(

I'll mention again, now that we're getting close to the end of the season, whatever is the earlier pick in the first round is available for trading up purposes. I need additional picks!

Maybe I should link our league to LM for basic standings and stuff

That'd be awesome.

Nightz

Well they must've heard me complaining because standings are available on the website now.

Here's a screenshot:
17FC9.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Ooh the website is updated, you can compare your team weekly to up to 2 other teams. Gonna play around with this a bit.

Random notes while looking at the standings, every division has 2 teams with a positive point differential EXCEPT the NFC South which only has one.

In most of the divisions the two teams with positive point differentials are in first and second. The lone exception is the NFC North.

The NFC West is the closest division to having 3 teams with positive point differentials. Then again it is also the closest to joining the NFC South in having only 1 with a positive differential.

Unsurprisingly FMT has the highest point differential in the game. The Jaguars have the worst, yet sit 1 game in front of the Titans!

4 teams are +200, 3 are -200. FMT is almost +300. The teams with +200 are in the same divisions as the teams with -200, except for the Raiders.

bluemax

Banned
Since someone asked about the AFC playoff picture, right now you have:

AFC North: Stealers
AFC South: Houston
AFC East: Bills
AFC West: Raiders

Wild Cards: Colts, Broncos

Still in the mix: Bengals, Dolphins, Chiefs

Dolphins and Chiefs are longshots, although the Dolphins probably get a slight boost depending upon how many of their AFC East brethren they have left. The Bengals and Colts could both win their divisions still.

Looks like 1 9 win team at least will get left out of the AFC playoffs.

bluemax

Banned
Got my hopes up when I clicked "players" hoping for player stats. Turns out: not so much. :<

The team stats page is kind of nice though. Lets you see your overall ranks, your per game averages and your salary cap info!

And it lets you compare against another team, so you can quick compare against your next opponent or something.

Rorschach

The team stats page is kind of nice though. Lets you see your overall ranks, your per game averages and your salary cap info!
Yeah, that's nice.

And it lets you compare against another team, so you can quick compare against your next opponent or something.

You could already do that on the site under "launch schedule" or by clicking on the game preview at the bottom.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah, that's nice.

You could already do that on the site under "launch schedule" or by clicking on the game preview at the bottom.

Yeah I know, but this way is a little smoother I feel.

Also the graphs that let you visualize where you are compared to others. I actually score the same number of points per game as the Titans :(

Rorschach

One thing I've noticed is that Somnia is by far the best punter in the league. Shit ain't even close. I'm second place and I can't do it as well as he can. He was good at it last year too. I can't get the angles I want this year on a consistent basis, but he seems to be money at those coffins.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ooh the website is updated, you can compare your team weekly to up to 2 other teams. Gonna play around with this a bit.

Random notes while looking at the standings, every division has 2 teams with a positive point differential EXCEPT the NFC South which only has one.

In most of the divisions the two teams with positive point differentials are in first and second. The lone exception is the NFC North.

The NFC West is the closest division to having 3 teams with positive point differentials. Then again it is also the closest to joining the NFC South in having only 1 with a positive differential.

Unsurprisingly FMT has the highest point differential in the game. The Jaguars have the worst, yet sit 1 game in front of the Titans!

4 teams are +200, 3 are -200. FMT is almost +300. The teams with +200 are in the same divisions as the teams with -200, except for the Raiders.

I'd have been worse with differential but FMT took it easy on me and only beat me by 49.

One thing I've noticed is that Somnia is by far the best punter in the league. Shit ain't even close. I'm second place and I can't do it as well as he can. He was good at it last year too. I can't get the angles I want this year on a consistent basis, but he seems to be money at those coffins.
Agreed, he has been unbelievable for years with punts.

LJ11

Yup. 41!! I have gone full stupid in the passing game. I have not adjusted well at all to CCM Madden 13 passing at all. If you look at my community stats I wasn't bad at all. 2 turnovers per games, forcing like 3.

I must average like 5-6 turnovers a game. I'm a lost soul trying to figure it out as I go. Despite the numbers of ints the last two games I have had some clutch moments.

It will come together. I hope soon to stay in the hunt. DAT playoff bonus is huge!!

DCX

What are you having issues with?

Just making dumb throws that you know are going to get picked off, throwing blind without reading the coverage, or is the presnap stuff throwing you off?

LiveWire

Is LiveWire on vacation somewhere?

Yea I was in Vegas this weekend, now I'm in Niners country for a work conference.

Oh and Wellie, I think we split the tab last I was in NYC, but not sure? Either way that bar was awesome; wheel o' Jäger shots!!

Nightz

Yea I was in Vegas this weekend, now I'm in Niners country for a work conference.

Oh and Wellie, I think we split the tab last I was in NYC, but not sure? Either way that bar was awesome; wheel o' Jäger shots!!

When are you coming back? I play you after the advance.

Mrbob

Soka, you should pick up Dishonored to pass the time! I've only been able to put about an hour in so far, but the atmosphere is damn amazing.

Mrbob

You should do it. This might be the best week for releases all year.

My copy of Xcom will be here Thursday. Newegg always slow shipping to me. But I get the game cheaper so I can wait a couple more days.

DCX

DCX
What are you having issues with?

Just making dumb throws that you know are going to get picked off, throwing blind without reading the coverage, or is the presnap stuff throwing you off?
Some of it is fake pressure..my internal clock is tickling faster than it should.

My reads are slow. Reading the defense and reading the route and timing is off. I throw to late or to early.

Off a press ( which is super human this year ) my WRs don't get good space off the PRS. Julio is 94 rls and Roddy 92 I should be breaking the PRS of high 70 low 80 CB all the time. I rarely do.

User defenders keep my eyes on them to much. I try to outsmart them all game which keeps my reads to one maybe two.

I'm pressing. I'm forcing shit. I'm trying to hard. Sometimes I make a great read and it sails.

Sometimes ball hawk lol

Its just all of it all at once. Turner isn't doing all that well..but I don't run enough either. Sigh.

DCX

Top Bottom