• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

Bob, wanna go tonight late or tomorrow late? I kind of have no idea what times will work best now.

My parents are here for the next day or so. My dad was so into that madden game last night it was hilarious. He was watching all kinds of off the ball stuff and made notes on his iPad. Apparently Matthews got just eaten up one on one against your RBs when they stayed home and I missed Finley wide open four times! That's what I get for resigning Jennings and feeling like I have to use him!
See, you should have given that burden to me!

McNei1y

Us poor people have to schedule around our jobs. Sheesh.

Also Story, 6:30 can work if you're around. If not, definitely 10:30 then. I'm just trying to knock it out as early as possible. I hate these early morning hours... I can't play NHL with mah bros.

Rorschach

Speaking of availability: it looks like mine has changed. I can go up until 1pm cst today. Won't be available again until Friday afternoon, but I'll be available pretty much all of Friday/Saturday.

Rorschach

GmRBe.jpg

My stock squad that XCom gave me. I thought it was a good sign of things to come, but the asshole panicked when he was poisoned (didn't even get shot!) and shot a van that two of my guys were hiding behind and blew them both up. Petridis and Cissoko were killed and Owusu got a promotion for that mission. Cissoko was a sniper and now I don't have one!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Levious, what time did you have in mind? I'm probably the usual 11-12 EST...unless you're home now by some weird chance.

if it's gonna be that late I'd probably prefer tomorrow night, is that doable?

oh, forgot about the game tonight anyway.

Rorschach

2 games in a row Harvin gets injured in the 2nd quarter, so annoying!

I use every single point I get for McFadden on his injury rating and a few on carry. You guys need to upgrade the basics! Fuck the fancy shit!

Then again, McClain had a 92 rating and still got clipped!

eznark

Banned
Jesus Christ high school kids are retards. I think some of these "gifted and talented" schmuks are dumber than my 2 year old.

eznark

Banned
High school kids have reached an all time high in stupidity. It's because they're told from a very early age that they're brilliant.

I just told one of these kids to look up information on a patent that I think their idea would infringe on and I don't think he understood one word of the sentence.

Rorschach

I just told one of these kids to look up information on a patent that I think their idea would infringe on and I don't think he understood one word of the sentence.

You're supposed to just tell them it's a great idea and that they are geniuses! Or else you're just a hater.

Smokey

Have any of you seen that show I shouldn't be alive? Some messed up things in there but also some dumb shit. Episode I saw yesterday dude thought it would be a good idea to sail by himself across the Atlantic to some islands...storm hit and he was stuck on a life raft for 76 days and had to rely on wind and currents to get him across sea and was almost dead before he was found. Another dude went hunting and a bear charged him and he got mauled. Bear left him alone and dude thought it would be a good idea to punch the bear in the face and he got his thigh ripped off.

I immediately thought WHAT WOULD EZNARK DO

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Wellie, I got quite a few lucky breaks that game. Especially that fumble that was overturned, I thought for sure that was a fumble.

GG pal. You are excellent at picking up the strange coverages I was throwing your way. It was one of those games, you're right. Weird since I haven't gotten such bad breaks like this at home all season.

First pass play of the game, completed to Winslow, he fumbles.

First drive was bland defenses to see what I was up against then I started getting funky. I got an interception and my guy was tackled as he was falling out of the endzone. I get the ball back at WITHIN my own 1 yard line. The only break I caught all game - a fucking 99 yard TD run, the game called it a 100 yarder, either way it was awesome as shit and I was back in the game 7-7.

Things went hay-wire after that. I mentioned the lag above, it caused me to double tap A to get a snap off and it bulleted a pass right into big Kevin Williams for an int. Now down 14-7

Next drive I get stuck deep in my own territory again. 3rd and long at my own 5 I called a play out of shotgun to get some time, to read the field. I really wish I could save replays, I was jamming on X as Brian Quick was open but with the lag it didn't register and I took a safety. 16-7

Other key turning points were (what I thought was) a BS intentional grounding call where I was out of the pocket and threw it away due to the pressure. Set me up at 2nd and 24. I called a pretty sweet play to get Amendola free, and he was, for what would have been approximately a 17 yard gain but the fucker was so wide open he must have freaked out and dropped it. Would clutch fix that?

I'm also really pissed with Jenkins and it's why I wanted a top CB. The guy just gets stupid after the ball is caught and backs away from the receiver. It happened against FMT and happened here again to allow a long gain. I don't know what to do with this fucking guy anymore, he's on the trading block if anyone wants him.

Don't get me wrong, I made some strategic mistakes. Sending a blitz on 3rd and 26 because I figured with Harvin out I should be able to press you into the ground, and really going away from the run was a bad move too. I thought I was in the game to start the 4th as I only needed a TD and 2 pt but then the grounding happened.

Oh well, back against the wall and I no longer control my own destiny. In order to make the playoffs I have to win out and hope that Sok loses one. The way I've been playing up and down to my competition, I don't think that's going to happen.

McNei1y

I wonder how the drafting system will work when the draft board comes up.

Say it's your turn to pick, or it's coming up shortly, and all the players you scouted during the season are gone... how are you going to draft any of the players? Won't they all have ?'s? It's be like you're choosing a player blindly. I wonder if they'll allow you to use your remaining points (if you have any) on players left.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
By the way, Bradford took a massive shot and I thought he was going to be out for the game, and even the announcers said it was a huge injury and he wouldn't be coming back, but then he was back on the next play. What the heck happened?

Splat

I wonder how the drafting system will work when the draft board comes up.

Say it's your turn to pick, or it's coming up shortly, and all the players you scouted during the season are gone... how are you going to draft any of the players? Won't they all have ?'s? It's be like you're choosing a player blindly. I wonder if they'll allow you to use your remaining points (if you have any) on players left.

Well, you at least have their size/productivity to go on.

BigAT

By the way, Bradford took a massive shot and I thought he was going to be out for the game, and even the announcers said it was a huge injury and he wouldn't be coming back, but then he was back on the next play. What the heck happened?

The announcers in general seem to be completely wrong when it comes to evaluating injuries. Gave me a lot of near heart attacks before I learned to dismiss what they say.

Trasher

Cola and I killed each other's TEs last night. Was good times.

The announcers in general seem to be completely wrong when it comes to evaluating injuries. Gave me a lot of near heart attacks before I learned to dismiss what they say.

They are fucking wrong about everything they talk about...except when telling you when the defense is adjusting and the offense is using audibles.

McNei1y

Well, you at least have their size/productivity to go on.
Good point. There are those things. But I wonder if we have the ability to use the points during the draft or at least leave the board to go to the scouting menu.

I am more curious about player regression in the offseason.

Is that still in the game this year? I'd be so bummed. I mean I'm sure it is but all my points I put into Fletcher and Moss and they're going to suck again!

They are fucking wrong about everything they talk about...except when telling you when the defense is adjusting and the offense is using audibles.

"THE DEFENSE IS GOING TO PRESS COVERAGE!"

McNei1y

Speaking of, it seems like post patch that doing a full press call doesn't have the announcers call it out any more.

I've noticed that but I was wondering if it was just the timing... I was always calling it whenever one of them were rambling on about something hoping that the audio file wouldn't be interrupted.

TheCrow

Good point. There are those things. But I wonder if we have the ability to use the points during the draft or at least leave the board to go to the scouting menu.
You're not able to scout during the draft. Best to get it all done before the offseason starts. Unless it changed from the last time I played offline.

Top Bottom