• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

You're not able to scout during the draft. Best to get it all done before the offseason starts. Unless it changed from the last time I played offline.

Yeah I didn't think you could. It wouldn't make much sense to "scout" a player who's awaiting to be selected anyway.

I guess I'll use the excess points on positions I think I'll need later on.

McNei1y

Do the announcers really say stuff like that? Maybe I need to stop playing on mute.

Something along those lines. They say stuff like "It looks like the defense is playing press coverage" or "The defense is crowding the line!" or "Looks like a blitz could be coming!"... Oh, thanks announcers.

Rorschach

You are allowed to scout one last time before the draft after free agency, IIRC.

By the way, Bradford took a massive shot and I thought he was going to be out for the game, and even the announcers said it was a huge injury and he wouldn't be coming back, but then he was back on the next play. What the heck happened?
Soka likes to reset injuries for some reason.
Is eznark Ted Nugent?

Would it really surprise you?

I've noticed that but I was wondering if it was just the timing... I was always calling it whenever one of them were rambling on about something hoping that the audio file wouldn't be interrupted.

lol that's pretty clever... except you don't both get the exact same audio. :x

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Is that still in the game this year? I'd be so bummed. I mean I'm sure it is but all my points I put into Fletcher and Moss and they're going to suck again!

I would assume so, maybe only if a player falls short of all of his season goals. Otherwise we'll all have powered up teams by year four.

And then what chance would a player like me have?!

Sokantish

By the way, Bradford took a massive shot and I thought he was going to be out for the game, and even the announcers said it was a huge injury and he wouldn't be coming back, but then he was back on the next play. What the heck happened?

Yeah man, I have no idea what happened there. I felt pretty bad because nothing was going your way and then he gets injured. Then I saw him behind the center and didn't know what happened, thought maybe someone on my team got injured or something

McNei1y

I would assume so, maybe only if a player falls short of all of his season goals. Otherwise we'll all have powered up teams by year four.

Yeah that makes sense. I have noticed that players are slowly gaining XP now that some of their season goals have been met. Players that have a break out game after doing nothing all year will get mad points. Then people that have been getting points have another breakout game barely get any. At least that's a good system in controlling the power house possibility.

McNei1y

lol that's pretty clever... except you don't both get the exact same audio. :x

Yeah. If I didn't hear them say it, I felt good that it worked! But I would never think about my opponent's audio. They're probably telling the opponent the exact play I'm running and who's the easier target.

Sokantish

Also, don't worry too much Wellie, I have Smokey next which I know is a loss and then I have eznark next and the last time we played I only won by 1 point. There's still a good chance you're gonna get in!

LiveWire

Livewire, lets try to get our game in tonight. Need to take part in a presentation but should be free after 8:30 cst.

I get home early today at 5 Pacific, but I have a dinner at 7 Pacific/9 Central so if you're not free earlier then I can't go until 9 Pacific/11 Central at the earliest. Otherwise tomorrow night I'm free.

LiveWire

Yeah that makes sense. I have noticed that players are slowly gaining XP now that some of their season goals have been met. Players that have a break out game after doing nothing all year will get mad points. Then people that have been getting points have another breakout game barely get any. At least that's a good system in controlling the power house possibility.

I've gained over 30k+ XP for Ngata this season through manual control (alternating between him and McPhee on the DL). I can only imagine what users who play DBs get...

McNei1y

I've gained over 30k+ XP for Ngata this season through manual control (alternating between him and McPhee on the DL). I can only imagine what users who play DBs get...

True. There most likely is the exception of players getting huge point gains week after week (my guess: Patrick Willis).

Do players on current rosters have anything other than "Normal" development stage?

McNei1y

yeah, I have everything from slow to superstar.

How do you check? Is it by looking at the progression screen and see what the development packages says? If that's the way, I was just asking because it seems like all my players are "normal" but I'm not 100% sure.

McNei1y

Announcers told me that I recovered an onside kick when I, in fact, did not. Thanks for getting my hopes up, fuckers!

Yeah I notice a lot of those botched calls.

"And they didn't get the first down!" so I'm pumped on defense. Then I see that I gave up a first down... thanks.

levious

How do you check? Is it by looking at the progression screen and see what the development packages says? If that's the way, I was just asking because it seems like all my players are "normal" but I'm not 100% sure.

you can also view it on your roster screen, hit Y on a player and there should be an option to view various things that have been purchased/or non-numbered attributes that they already have.

LukeSmith

My backup qbs have got 23k a piece with not a single second of game time. My DT who I benched four games in has 30k from his limited work and practice.

levious

My backup qbs have got 23k a piece with not a single second of game time. My DT who I benched four games in has 30k from his limited work and practice.

I think it was cb that pointed it out, some practices gives the xp to everyone on your roster at minimum.

LiveWire

As I said, I switch between him and McPhee. Plus I did not play 3 games this season due to simmed games, and I missed at least 6 practices worth of XP this season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think it was cb that pointed it out, some practices gives the xp to everyone on your roster at minimum.

Not everyone. Easy win doesn't give it to all my guys for some reason. My backups don't get anything out of it.

I have a bunch of slow developing guys and I have a few quick guys. I think my quicks are Winslow, SJax, Pead, Laurinaitis, CLong, Dahl and Finnegan. Surprisingly they are also the only guys worth a shit on the team. -_-

That beastly 100 yard run somehow got me like 10k EXP, maybe I hit a milestone or something. I was saving up to get a speed boost for SJax but I might as well just get the superstar trait since I'm sitting at 40k Exp.

BTW if anyone wants a superstar'd out SJax I'm willing to trade him for a playoff spot.

levious

Not everyone. Easy win doesn't give it to all my guys for some reason. My backups don't get anything out of it.

I have a bunch of slow developing guys and I have a few quick guys. I think my quicks are Winslow, SJax, Pead, Laurinaitis, CLong, Dahl and Finnegan. Surprisingly they are also the only guys worth a shit on the team. -_-

That beastly 100 yard run somehow got me like 10k EXP, maybe I hit a milestone or something. I was saving up to get a speed boost for SJax but I might as well just get the superstar trait since I'm sitting at 40k Exp.

BTW if anyone wants a superstar'd out SJax I'm willing to trade him for a playoff spot.

I hope this isn't due to some hidden difference between coach types.

McNei1y

Like I said, OFFENSE gives xp to all offense. DEFENSE gives all defense. (or at least it seems like it did lol) The Hard ones have to do some multiplier or something. I mean, whats the point?

McNei1y

I had no idea what I should do right now... I could've watched some shows that I've missed, played Batman: Arkham Asylum, read GOT, play my madden practice, play wow or counterstrike....

Instead I purchased Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 download on Amazon and am now going to play it. Amazing purchase on my part I might add.

Mrbob

I had no idea what I should do right now... I could've watched some shows that I've missed, played Batman: Arkham Asylum, read GOT, play my madden practice, play wow or counterstrike....

Instead I purchased Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 download on Amazon and am now going to play it. Amazing purchase on my part I might add.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is still the best one! Especially if you have the expansions.

Sokantish

Hey you play WoW, huh?

McNei1y

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is still the best one! Especially if you have the expansions.

Yea I just bought the triple pack for 10$ on Amazon. Definitely plan on playing this every now and then. My park is fucking awful so far.

Hey you play WoW, huh?

Yeah I do but don't feel like going on.

Arkham Asylum was the right choice. You lose.

I want to play it but I'm dreading the fact that I have to reset my game since my brother played on my brand new file and fucked some things up and put it on Easy. I want a challenge when I play.

Mrbob

10 dollars for RCT2 is tempting. I'm thinking about buying a copy for myself. I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on Steam when on sale but it just isn't as good as RCT2. Not as good of tools to build coasters and scenarios not as cool.

eznark

Banned
10 dollars for RCT2 is tempting. I'm thinking about buying a copy for myself. I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on Steam when on sale but it just isn't as good as RCT2. Not as good of tools to build coasters and scenarios not as cool.

You can use SQRLUVOC to get it for $7.50!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking Yankees.

I just completed the bad start 2000 XP challenge and Bradford only has 1843 EXP. He didn't go into it with 0 XP and I had to throw my way out of it (3 passing TDs no ints). I just don't understand this shit.

SJax got the full 2k tho.

Trasher

Fucking Yankees.

I just completed the bad start 2000 XP challenge and Bradford only has 1843 EXP. He didn't go into it with 0 XP and I had to throw my way out of it (3 passing TDs no ints). I just don't understand this shit.

SJax got the full 2k tho.

Tigers are BAAAALLLINNN!

McNei1y

You can use SQRLUVOC to get it for $7.50!

Dammit! I could've used that 3.50 for McDonalds!

Sold! Lost my physical copy and need another one.

Omg...best Roller Coaster Tycoon gets better. Google Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 User Created Expansion and you get this:

http://www.rct2uces.com/index2.html

Fan created expansion with new features and rides to download. Something new to try out!

Thanks for this! I will try it out!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I want to play it but I'm dreading the fact that I have to reset my game since my brother played on my brand new file and fucked some things up and put it on Easy. I want a challenge when I play.

Who cares. Its an amazing game. Be happy to play it over. I beat it twice, which is a rarity for me this Gen. I've been wanting to play through arkham city again too.

Top Bottom