• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Can't wait for halo i've been on blackout for a while outside of one vidoc and a little mp footage.

I haven't looked at anything except for the MP map previews on IGN, the first 7 minute gameplay from E3?, and that live action trailer. My whole live I've always been pumped 2 years in advance for each game but for this game, I haven't been at all... I mean I am but I haven't joined in on any conversations or anything. I want to experience it without knowing a damn thing.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You call that playing?

sick burn mcnei1y!
you got him there mcnei1y!
high five mcnei1y!
Oooh that sick burn got him there mcnei1y, high five!

I like how you ran out of ideas with your fourth comment.

Splat

I'm gonna miss the playoffs thanks to my 3rd quarter meltdown last night vs CB. I think I gave up 28 points in a 3 minute span to start the 3rd, up by 7 at the time. ugghh.

McNei1y

I'm gonna miss the playoffs thanks to my 3rd quarter meltdown last night vs CB. I think I gave up 28 points in a 3 minute span to start the 3rd, up by 7 at the time. ugghh.

It's all coming back to haunt you... Only a few games I remember in this league... and our game was one of them. I still can't believe I blew that lead in the 4th quarter. It was one of those games that I needed to cement a lead (or a spot) in the WC but nope, it all went to hell. Another one I'll remember is losing to CB in the first round of the playoffs after I had a 2 TD lead going into the second half.

Mrbob

Stealth games are fun again to play. Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja are two recent games where it isn't boring to play stealth. Spent another session last night playing Mark of the Ninja. Game is flat out awesome. Mark your target from the shadows, strike quickly, and get back in the shadows before anyone else notices! Pick it up whether on 360 or Steam!

Nope, all good. He slept great last night!

Alright, I think I'll be home around 9 central.

Mrbob

Me too. I remember getting to play and talk to David Ellis once. I think Garnett tried to sign up for our league as well lol.

No, he shunned us. I had invited him to the league a couple years ago and he was going to do it but backed out at the last second.

He probably couldn't hang in this league, anyway.

Ferny

Stealth games are fun again to play. Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja are two recent games where it isn't boring to play stealth. Spent another session last night playing Mark of the Ninja. Game is flat out awesome. Mark your target from the shadows, strike quickly, and get back in the shadows before anyone else notices! Pick it up whether on 360 or Steam!

Alright, I think I'll be home around 9 central.
Is it bad that I picked it up on both? :/

Happy Wars is free on xbox live arcade and it's a whole lot of fun. It's like Castle Crashers and the WoW arena made a baby in the Animal Crossing world. 15 versus 15 battles of trying to destroy the other teams big tower (which is inside their castle walls) as either a mage, warrior, or cleric (builder/healer/buffer), me and my 3 friends I've been grouping with have been wrecking. Would be cool to get closer to a full team!

LukeSmith

Considering the number of times Cobb has lined up in the backfield in actual games, I'm annoyed that I can't make Cobb my second running back.

You can get him at RB by running four WR 1 TE base and then audibling down to a 3 wide 1 TE play. You'll have to see which WR goes to HB, and then just make sure Cobb is that WR

Pick a play you like as your three wide, 1 TE audible and then use the quick audibles to get access to four other plays from that formation (and make sure the audible you pick isn't one of the quick audibles)

Solved

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
All the free agents we signed this year are just gonna go back in the pool for real contracts this off season, right? I signed two guys and haven't seen the resign option pop up for them.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You can get him at RB by running four WR 1 TE base and then audibling down to a 3 wide 1 TE play. You'll have to see which WR goes to HB, and then just make sure Cobb is that WR

Pick a play you like as your three wide, 1 TE audible and then use the quick audibles to get access to four other plays from that formation (and make sure the audible you pick isn't one of the quick audibles)

Solved

I thought you could actually sub in a WR in the backfield now at the formation sub screen? If not you could at least sub in a WR for your TE in the backfield in a shotgun formation.

CB3

I thought you could actually sub in a WR in the backfield now at the formation sub screen? If not you could at least sub in a WR for your TE in the backfield in a shotgun formation.
I've done it by accident when I try to split lesean out wide.

eznark

Banned

Solved

Right, but I mean I just want to adjust the depth chart so I can do it quickly without that pre-snap adjustments which aren't always viable. I really don't understand why EA limits that shit.

Trasher

c7hhdy.jpg

LJ11

Right, but I mean I just want to adjust the depth chart so I can do it quickly without that pre-snap adjustments which aren't always viable. I really don't understand why EA limits that shit.

There are shotgun formations where you can line a WR in the backfield, simple package sub. Can also line up a WR as a wing TE in sub packages. Matter of finding the formations.

eznark

Banned
There are shotgun formations where you can line a WR in the backfield, simple package sub. Can also line up a WR as a wing TE in sub packages. Matter of finding the formations.

You guys are kind of missing the point. I know it can be done through various means, I don't understand why the depth chart limitation exists, especially since I can make him my third down back.

LukeSmith

If you do, make sure to hotroute him to a fly route and snap the ball as he's in motion behind the guard/center.

True story, Shawn basically scared me away from using manual motion at all. Seems like it's still one of the easiest ways to short circuit coverage logic.

BigAT

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
WinPC: 5JKBB-RKTHZ-RTJBT-BT33J-WJRWW PSN: K3WBT-Z95HT-FZT5J-HTWJB-ZFXC3 X360: K3WBT-Z95CX-BXX3R-CXTJB-ZFX95

LJ11

You guys are kind of missing the point. I know it can be done through various means, I don't understand why the depth chart limitation exists, especially since I can make him my third down back.

We're now able to trade draft picks in an online franchise, it took 6 years to get here. What's another 6.

At least there's a workaround. I'd love to be able to set player personnel for formations in advance, but subs and package subs are all we have right now. I'm sure they'll include it in Madden 18.

LukeSmith

We're now able to trade draft picks in an online franchise, it took 6 years to get here. What's another 6.

At least there's a workaround. I'd love to be able to set player personally for formations in advance, but subs and package subs are all we have right now. I'm sure they'll include it in Madden 18.

I'd love to be able to set Audibles for each of the four books I'm using this year so that when I pick them I don't have to spend time in-game setting up all of my audibles each game. You know, since the playbook I picked when we started the franchise isn't one of the ones I'm using.

CB3

At least there's a workaround. I'd love to be able to set player personnel for formations in advance, but subs and package subs are all we have right now. I'm sure they'll include it in Madden 18.

Thats in NCAA I think

Rorschach

Man. I'm really just glad that I'm still even in the hunt even though I will be eliminated this next game.

When can you roll? I've been kind of swamped these last couple of days. We are building a new fence and my in-law's car broke down and I've been helpin them with that. I could try tonight early but no promises. Tomorrow might be better.
I can go tonight, but past your bed time. Tomorrow is good if you can name a time.

remember, league vances tomorrow! although i am seeing the book of mormon so hopefully the last game doesn't finish while its still going on or i can't be held responsible for the delayed vance!

remaining games:

bears vs. packers
ravens vs. broncos
texans vs. colts
chargers vs. panthers
cowboys vs. steelers
raiders vs. chiefs
titans vs. jets

Rorschach

All the free agents we signed this year are just gonna go back in the pool for real contracts this off season, right? I signed two guys and haven't seen the resign option pop up for them.
You get first dibs at the end of the year during the re-sign phase. Wish they would have just let us do multi year contracts, but at least that shouldn't be a problem with the FAs during he free agency phase.

When Oakland is in ashes, Rors has my permission to die.
So basically right now?

Top Bottom