• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LJ11

Sorry to see you go Somnia, always handled yourself well. You were a terror with Ratliff in '10.

I don't think I got an answer when I asked before: Does player XP carry over from season to season, or do I have to spend all of it in the current season?

Man, I spend it every week if I can because I don't trust EAs shitty steup. You guys can call me crazy, but I've lost XP before.

I can't afford to have my punter lose 9k XP! hahaha

I'll have 3 receivers going into next year, these fucking scrubs declined my offers.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Levious said it does.

to add to that, scouting points do not.

LJ, I think you're accidentily auto progressing all players, I did it once, don't think it asks you if you're sure before doing it either so it's easy to screw up.

edit: nice post wellie

I'll try to scrap m way to .500 in your honor somnia!

Rorschach

Sorry to see you go Somnia, always handled yourself well. You were a terror with Ratliff in '10.

Man, I spend it every week if I can because I don't trust EAs shitty steup. You guys can call me crazy, but I've lost XP before.

I can't afford to have my punter lose 9k XP! hahaha

I'll have 3 receivers going into next year, these fucking scrubs declined my offers.

I'm not spending 10k and 15k xp on awareness for my punter and kicker. Fuck that!

LukeSmith

The stats on the website are really off compared to the ones in-game. Seems like a pretty easy thing to get right. And league leaders in the game itself are actually busted too.

LJ11

Wellie's corner should be a regular segment. All kidding aside, you really have to go into practice and really fool around. On offense you should go into your playbook, and run every single play at least once. The play art is deceiving, it's a lie!

to add to that, scouting points do not.

LJ, I think you're accidentily auto progressing all players, I did it once, don't think it asks you if you're sure before doing it either so it's easy to screw up.
Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe when I lay my controller down, sometimes I just toss it while I'm doing whatever, it hit Y. Going to pay attention to it going forward.

LukeSmith

Well yeah, I wanted to just get the game over with as fast as possible, I told you that before we started! You're right tho, you did adjust well and I had to change up pretty much on my second drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, I'm going to try really hard not to preach -

You guys you guys you guys drive me up a wall!!! I wish I was good enough to call a play and just have it work well for me The way I see defensive playcalling is that the game is giving you a canvas to paint a picture with. Some guys paint by number and just call the plays and can get away with it but I like to take that template and tinker and fuck with it until it either breaks the game or is a superior product than what is handed to me.

The talk of an additional free blitzer out of the 3-4 insinuates that there's a want for the game to do all of the work. Last year everyone complained about my LEs racking up a ton of sacks. All I ever really did was crash right, re-blitz my LOLB and it was instant pressure either by the linebacker or the LE. The LOLB was set to take a direct route to the QB (through the RT) and the LE was crashing right, past the LE. It was so simple and so effective because no one wanted to keep their TE in to block. I had a free guy on most passing plays AND a lot of you roll your QBs to the right directly into the pressure, it was beautiful.

There are really a lot of things that can be done that aren't all that complicated. I see a lot of guys that love to roll out 2 TEs now or pass out of running formation. In Madden 12 with the Bengals, I rolled with two SS's that fit very well into my system. I would call Nickel, run the Big Nickel formation package to put Taylor Mays into the slot CB and blitz with him to stop the run or pick up an outside rusher that would come in unblocked... one with like 94 SPD and 96 POW. It was great.

I'm not a huge fan of Chris Long as he's not the type of guy that I want at End in my style of 4-3. He has excellent AWR and PRC so I find myself sometimes against guys that are weak to zone coverage dropping him into a hook zone. Everyone loves to hit the TE up the seam, so what happens with Long in the hook is that he ends up bracketing the TE opposite the site of the LOLB who is supposed to be hovering over him.

My favorite shit tho is just blowing up coverages to see what works. I like calling out all out blitzes and hot routing guys into zones to combo with the guys outside in man, or I like to blitz guys in zones that are unexpected. Everyone is good at recognizing Cover 2 and Cover 3, so mixing it up besides the standard zone blitzes that the game gives you is always fun.

I'm only going to get better against the run with progressions!

So kids, when you're playing Wellie, you need to keep your tempo up, Peyton-style and maybe catch him the midst of fucking around for some points

Ando?

DCX

Nah remember earlier, Drizzler is a member at like MaddenBros.com or something, land of the nano video

bluemax

Banned
Well yeah, I wanted to just get the game over with as fast as possible, I told you that before we started! You're right tho, you did adjust well and I had to change up pretty much on my second drive.

I'm only going to get better against the run with progressions!

Yeah, I tried to run the ball as much as I could, both to speed the game up and because I think that's the most solid aspect of my game. I definitely caught you off guard with a couple of the run plays I had, although Lynch was only getting 3 yards a carry most of the game it felt like. He's just so damn slow to the corner and he doesn't break tackles like he does in real life.

Oddly as bad as this season was for me offensively, it was probably one of best seasons running the ball I've had since I left San Diego and LTdagod. Man my IM logs from back in 2007 are just filled with LT related salt, he was the most BS Madden athlete since 2004 Vick.

So kids, when you're playing Wellie, you need to keep your tempo up, Peyton-style and maybe catch him the midst of fucking around for some points

Nah remember earlier, Drizzler is a member at like MaddenBros.com or something, land of the nano video

I ran a lot of Hi-Lo smash/dig routes against Wellie with good success today. The playbook I am using has some fun TE formations where my #1 TE lines up as a slot receiver and my #2 TE lines up like a TE, and given that my TEs are terrible blockers and excellent receivers it created some nice matchups for me at times. I felt that I was at my best against Wellie today when I kept my formations and playcalling unpredictable.

LJ11

Yeah, I tried to run the ball as much as I could, both to speed the game up and because I think that's the most solid aspect of my game. I definitely caught you off guard with a couple of the run plays I had, although Lynch was only getting 3 yards a carry most of the game it felt like. He's just so damn slow to the corner and he doesn't break tackles like he does in real life.

Oddly as bad as this season was for me offensively, it was probably one of best seasons running the ball I've had since I left San Diego and LTdagod. Man my IM logs from back in 2007 are just filled with LT related salt, he was the most BS Madden athlete since 2004 Vick.

How fast is Turbin? I'd try to split the carries with Lynch, run outside with the faster back. Lynch will have better balance through the hole, break tackles if he leans forward, and his speed won't be an issue. In fact, it may actually help you setup blocks better, since fast backs hit the hole quicker.

DCX

DCX

He didn't learn much.

pitch-n-toss_ipad_win-642x856.jpg

DCX

bluemax

Banned
How fast is Turbin? I'd try to split the carries with Lynch, run outside with the faster back. Lynch will have better balance through the hole, break tackles if he leans forward, and his speed won't be an issue. In fact, it may actually help you setup blocks better, since fast backs hit the hole quicker.

Turbin is actually slower, with 87 speed but he has like 2 points of higher acceleration than Lynch. I did kind of wonder after I got Lynch back from suspension if part of the reason I had success with Turbin was because he got to the hole a tad quicker.

I made a lot of adjustments in my run game over the season, I got a lot better at timing when I would use the speed burst, I figured out which run types worked best for me and called those more often and I started running more with a lead blocker and less out of 2 tight end sets. I know I can't run tosses or pitches so I pretty much never run those, but I'll throw in stretch plays every so often if a team starts clogging the middle.

I've accepted that I don't really have any home run hitter running backs. I'm okay with 4ish yards per carry but I wish I could break a few more tackles.

I also toyed around with the read option at the end of the season. Russell Wilson is pretty slippery.

bluemax

Banned
How do I get in on this PSASBR action?

I applied for a job with those guys months ago. They interviewed me and were supposed to send me a test and then never did, and they never returned any more emails after that :(

Top Bottom