• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

TheCrow

Lol crow. What an awful game on my end. I'm blaming my daughter. Although that td by mcluster at the end was ace. Only one I've ever run back!

gg.

I'm loving my Josh Johnson offense. Almost 300 yards on the ground and he's not too bad passing. Maybe I should take Livewire under my wing and make Tyrod Taylor look great.

Mrbob

I agree with that. It's easier to play defense in Madden with a 3-4 scheme than a 4-3 scheme. I might start the conversion this off season.

so after bigAT posts that, bob IM's me and says "3-4 D is cheese!" and i ask how. and he says "well... cause you can drop another LB into coverage if you want!" and i said so you're going to just rush 3 every time and he said well no... but you can afford to blitz an extra guy in the 3-4! and i said what extra guy? and he said an extra LB! and i said so you're saying you have your 3 lineman and you blitz 1 lb vs. having 4 defensive lineman going after the QB. and he says well you can blitz 1 extra extra LB who is covering the FB or RB! and i said why can't you do that in a 4-3? and he doesn't know

Rorschach

Not home yet.

What time you getting home, skillet?

so after bigAT posts that, bob IM's me and says "3-4 D is cheese!" and i ask how. and he says "well... cause you can drop another LB into coverage if you want!" and i said so you're going to just rush 3 every time and he said well no... but you can afford to blitz an extra guy in the 3-4! and i said what extra guy? and he said an extra LB! and i said so you're saying you have your 3 lineman and you blitz 1 lb vs. having 4 defensive lineman going after the QB. and he says well you can blitz 1 extra extra LB who is covering the FB or RB! and i said why can't you do that in a 4-3? and he doesn't know

lol This is the man you people are taking advice from.

Mrbob

Ugh. I'm saying in this pass happy league it's more effective to have a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 defense. You have 8 people in the backfield for potential coverage on passes versus 7 in 4-3. It's simple mathz!

eznark

Banned
Ugh. I'm saying in this pass happy league it's more effective to have a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 defense. You have 8 people in the backfield for potential coverage on passes versus 7 in 4-3. It's simple mathz!

Why don't you just play nickel you nimrod

DCX

DCX
I think what the simple minded TV watcher was saying is a free runner. Four down lineman are likely to get sucked up into blocks and you have three to blitz. One of which may be assigned to a rb/te/fb.

In a three four you have four to rush with one already assigned to that fb/rb/te so its three sucked into blocks and one free to rush standing up.

If you have beast down lineman it would matter in a 4-3 as the pressure could get there from four. Especially if you have good coverage behind the rush.

I switched to a 3-4 because I traded for Mays during the season. He is Farriors replacement. I intend to make move back to a 4-3 unless I can replace Farrior.

I will say the combination of Weatherspoon playing in a 3-4 and the big hitter trait made him beastly. I might just let him feed in a 3-4. We shall see what free agency and the draft has to offer.

DCX

Trasher

You have me on ignore since MNF?!

LukeSmith

gollumface.jpg

Mrbob

Why don't you just play nickel you nimrod

I play nickel quite a bit. My defense isn't a problem, as I'm putting up some of the best stats in the league this season. I just think it's easier for teams to play defense in 3-4 in Madden versus 4-3.

eznark

Banned
I play nickel quite a bit. My defense isn't a problem, as I'm putting up some of the best stats in the league this season. I just think it's easier for teams to play defense in 3-4 in Madden versus 4-3.

Apparently you haven't seen Desmond Bisho in coverage

Mrbob

Maybe my perspective is tainted because I got a taste of that sweet, sweet overrated Ravens D last season I didn't want to give up. I can't believe what Livewire has done with all that defensive talent. Or, actually, I really can.

Edit: Trashman I won't be home for about an hour or so. One eyed bandit playing tonight.

Trasher

Maybe my perspective is tainted because I got a taste of that sweet, sweet overrated Ravens D last season I didn't want to give up. I can't believe what Livewire has done with all that defensive talent. Or, actually, I really can.

Edit: Trashman I won't be home for about an hour or so. One eyed bandit playing tonight.

I'm still at work for another hour so that's fine with me.

Mrbob

Trashman lost to DCX?

I am truly going to be shamed when I blow my bye opportunity in this final week. You know you don't want to lose your draft ranking! One win could screw you big time in getting the guy you want!

Trasher

Didn't you just lose to me?

DCX

That has nothing to do with picking you off (which I still did!).

Trashman lost to DCX?

I am truly going to be shamed when I blow my bye opportunity in this final week. You know you don't want to lose your draft ranking! One win could screw you big time in getting the guy you want!

I've been in full tank mode ever since I beat Luke. That was my Super Bowl. I can retire happily.

Top Bottom