• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Smokey

images

bluemax

Banned
Yuck, I was going over my game recaps and I found I gave up over 100 yards on the ground 7 times:

Packers 111
Rams 144
Panthers 104
49ers 119
Bills 106
49ers 229
Rams 122

The Packers game was a sim game, but still! The worst part is that 4 of those games were divisional games. I also had two games where my opponents were like 3 or 4 yards shy of 100.

Never gonna win the NFC West if I can't stop my rivals from running all over me.

NFC Playoff games should be set (assuming bob wins his game against trasher!)

#1 seed - 49ers (BYE)
#2 seed - Bears (BYE)

#3 Eagles Vs. #6 Rams
#4 Saints Vs. #5 Giants

if Eagles win, then the 2nd round would be:

Giants/Saints @ 49ers
Eagles @ Bears

if the rams wins, then the 2nd round would be:

Rams @ 49ers
Saints/Giants @ Bears

BigAT

RT @MikeHillEA The best hands ever? 274 receiving yards means there's an argument to be made for P. Harvin #CCM

RT @MattMillerEA Was a solid performance by the Packers' pass defense this year. #CCM

Does not compute.

LJ11

My Punter lost his XP, dude was around 9k, there was nothing for me to buy, log into today and it's mostly gone. Probably auto progressed or some shit, think this has happened before. I fucking hate this shit.

Sanjuro

My Punter lost his XP, dude was around 9k, there was nothing for me to buy, log into today and it's mostly gone. Probably auto progressed or some shit, think this has happened before. I fucking hate this shit.

The AFC East Champ is dead.

Somnia

Well fellas, it's been a good 4 years, but I am stepping away from Madden for the foreseeable future. I have no intentions of returning anytime soon, maybe when next gen gets rolling for real.

I decided awhile go I just was not having fun and need an extended break. It's not fair to other people like Drizzler when I'm just going through the motions each week to get it over with. I want someone who WANTS to play and will have fun/get angry so I've decided this is for the best.

I will still be around posting, etc. I just need a break from the game. Plus we have playstation all-stars coming up for me to dominate FMT and Bob in =)

Not a goodbye, just an extended break, thanks for all the memories and fun the last 4 years guys =)

P.S.

Wellie wins on calling me out on quitting!

Smokey

Well fellas, it's been a good 4 years, but I am stepping away from Madden for the foreseeable future. I have no intentions of returning anytime soon, maybe when next gen gets rolling for real.

I decided awhile go I just was not having fun and need an extended break. It's not fair to other people like Drizzler when I'm just going through the motions each week to get it over with. I want someone who WANTS to play and will have fun/get angry so I've decided this is for the best.

I will still be around posting, etc. I just need a break from the game. Plus we have playstation all-stars coming up for me to dominate FMT and Bob in =)

Not a goodbye, just an extended break, thanks for all the memories and fun the last 4 years guys =)

P.S.

wut

afc south always losing people

DRIZZZLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nightz

GG Rors. Not too bummed about the loss as I was expecting it lol. I've been trying to focus on cutting down on picks the last few games, so I'm glad I didn't throw one in this game. That sack fumble on Rivers hurt though. :(

P.S.

sad to see you go holmes :(

you were always a dependable league player and i dont think i ever recalled you complaining about anything, even when these animals wronged you! hope to see you back soon!

drizzler, i will set you as the titans as soon as this season is over. if i replace it now then all injuries will be reset :/

Rorschach

GG Rors. Not too bummed about the loss as I was expecting it lol. I've been trying to focus on cutting down on picks the last few games, so I'm glad I didn't throw one in this game. That sack fumble on Rivers hurt though. :(

GG. Ever since I bought "brace vs all hits" McFadden has fumbled once a game. DON'T BUY THIS, PEOPLE! IT'S A SCAM!

Oh, and the pause menu says "play ball conservatively" is a negative feature... shouldn't have bought that either!

Mrbob

Aww, shame you don't want to hang out with us anymore Somnia. I definitely plan on getting PASBR after playing the beta, so we can fight online!

Nightz

I don't think I got an answer when I asked before: Does player XP carry over from season to season, or do I have to spend all of it in the current season?

Sorry to see you go Somnia! I'll be playing PSASBR too!

Rorschach

I don't think I got an answer when I asked before: Does player XP carry over from season to season, or do I have to spend all of it in the current season?

Sorry to see you go Somnia! I'll be playing PSASBR too!
Levious said it does.

You're still winning the super bowl rors, stop complaining!

I made a mistake. It was 26 yards! 26 FRIGGIN' YARDS! If only McFadden didn't get injured for all those weeks. :(

Mrbob

McFATTY hanging out with Freeman too often, can't stay in shape!

Trasher where are you? Have an early day tomorrow, can't stay up all night!

PASBR = Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Acronyms, learn dem!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I knew I had lost to Wellie when he only threw the ball once on his opening drive and scored a touch down. I felt like I did adjust to what he was doing on that drive but in the end it didn't matter.

Well yeah, I wanted to just get the game over with as fast as possible, I told you that before we started! You're right tho, you did adjust well and I had to change up pretty much on my second drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, I'm going to try really hard not to preach -

Ugh. I'm saying in this pass happy league it's more effective to have a 3-4 defense than a 4-3 defense. You have 8 people in the backfield for potential coverage on passes versus 7 in 4-3. It's simple mathz!

I think what the simple minded TV watcher was saying is a free runner. Four down lineman are likely to get sucked up into blocks and you have three to blitz. One of which may be assigned to a rb/te/fb.

In a three four you have four to rush with one already assigned to that fb/rb/te so its three sucked into blocks and one free to rush standing up.

If you have beast down lineman it would matter in a 4-3 as the pressure could get there from four. Especially if you have good coverage behind the rush.

I switched to a 3-4 because I traded for Mays during the season. He is Farriors replacement. I intend to make move back to a 4-3 unless I can replace Farrior.

I will say the combination of Weatherspoon playing in a 3-4 and the big hitter trait made him beastly. I might just let him feed in a 3-4. We shall see what free agency and the draft has to offer.

DCX

You guys you guys you guys drive me up a wall!!! I wish I was good enough to call a play and just have it work well for me The way I see defensive playcalling is that the game is giving you a canvas to paint a picture with. Some guys paint by number and just call the plays and can get away with it but I like to take that template and tinker and fuck with it until it either breaks the game or is a superior product than what is handed to me.

The talk of an additional free blitzer out of the 3-4 insinuates that there's a want for the game to do all of the work. Last year everyone complained about my LEs racking up a ton of sacks. All I ever really did was crash right, re-blitz my LOLB and it was instant pressure either by the linebacker or the LE. The LOLB was set to take a direct route to the QB (through the RT) and the LE was crashing right, past the LE. It was so simple and so effective because no one wanted to keep their TE in to block. I had a free guy on most passing plays AND a lot of you roll your QBs to the right directly into the pressure, it was beautiful.

There are really a lot of things that can be done that aren't all that complicated. I see a lot of guys that love to roll out 2 TEs now or pass out of running formation. In Madden 12 with the Bengals, I rolled with two SS's that fit very well into my system. I would call Nickel, run the Big Nickel formation package to put Taylor Mays into the slot CB and blitz with him to stop the run or pick up an outside rusher that would come in unblocked... one with like 94 SPD and 96 POW. It was great.

I'm not a huge fan of Chris Long as he's not the type of guy that I want at End in my style of 4-3. He has excellent AWR and PRC so I find myself sometimes against guys that are weak to zone coverage dropping him into a hook zone. Everyone loves to hit the TE up the seam, so what happens with Long in the hook is that he ends up bracketing the TE opposite the site of the LOLB who is supposed to be hovering over him.

My favorite shit tho is just blowing up coverages to see what works. I like calling out all out blitzes and hot routing guys into zones to combo with the guys outside in man, or I like to blitz guys in zones that are unexpected. Everyone is good at recognizing Cover 2 and Cover 3, so mixing it up besides the standard zone blitzes that the game gives you is always fun.

Yuck, I was going over my game recaps and I found I gave up over 100 yards on the ground 7 times:

Packers 111
Rams 144
Panthers 104
49ers 119
Bills 106
49ers 229
Rams 122

The Packers game was a sim game, but still! The worst part is that 4 of those games were divisional games. I also had two games where my opponents were like 3 or 4 yards shy of 100.

Never gonna win the NFC West if I can't stop my rivals from running all over me.

I'm only going to get better against the run with progressions!

eznark

Banned
Well yeah, I wanted to just get the game over with as fast as possible, I told you that before we started! You're right tho, you did adjust well and I had to change up pretty much on my second drive.

You guys you guys you guys drive me up a wall!!! I wish I was good enough to call a play and just have it work well for me The way I see defensive playcalling is that the game is giving you a canvas to paint a picture with. Some guys paint by number and just call the plays and can get away with it but I like to take that template and tinker and fuck with it until it either breaks the game or is a superior product than what is handed to me.

The talk of an additional free blitzer out of the 3-4 insinuates that there's a want for the game to do all of the work. Last year everyone complained about my LEs racking up a ton of sacks. All I ever really did was crash right, re-blitz my LOLB and it was instant pressure either by the linebacker or the LE. The LOLB was set to take a direct route to the QB (through the RT) and the LE was crashing right, past the LE. It was so simple and so effective because no one wanted to keep their TE in to block. I had a free guy on most passing plays AND a lot of you roll your QBs to the right directly into the pressure, it was beautiful.

There are really a lot of things that can be done that aren't all that complicated. I see a lot of guys that love to roll out 2 TEs now or pass out of running formation. In Madden 12 with the Bengals, I rolled with two SS's that fit very well into my system. I would call Nickel, run the Big Nickel formation package to put Taylor Mays into the slot CB and blitz with him to stop the run or pick up an outside rusher that would come in unblocked... one with like 94 SPD and 96 POW. It was great.

I'm not a huge fan of Chris Long as he's not the type of guy that I want at End in my style of 4-3. He has excellent AWR and PRC so I find myself sometimes against guys that are weak to zone coverage dropping him into a hook zone. Everyone loves to hit the TE up the seam, so what happens with Long in the hook is that he ends up bracketing the TE opposite the site of the LOLB who is supposed to be hovering over him.

My favorite shit tho is just blowing up coverages to see what works. I like calling out all out blitzes and hot routing guys into zones to combo with the guys outside in man, or I like to blitz guys in zones that are unexpected. Everyone is good at recognizing Cover 2 and Cover 3, so mixing it up besides the standard zone blitzes that the game gives you is always fun.

Blah blah blah

Mrbob

Why would we listen to a guy who just just exploited the dline to victory? Once you lost that ability you became a broken Madden player.

Sanjuro

mandatory gameflow next season

BigAT

P.S.

Sorry to see you go Somnia, you've definitely been one of the better league members over the years.

Top Bottom