• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

What the fuck? This downloader doesn't have a resume function? It closed overnight and it's starting all over?

Fuck this. I'll just call it a 50 dollar mistake and move on.

[edit]Oh, it's just mine that crashed... of all the fucking luck...

eznark

Banned
What the fuck? This downloader doesn't have a resume function? It closed overnight and it's starting all over?

Fuck this. I'll just call it a 50 dollar mistake and move on.

[edit]Oh, it's just mine that crashed... of all the fucking luck...

haha, I had the same reaction when I closed mine the first time.

Mrbob

The sooner the better! The video game industry constantly screws everyone else in favor of worst coast. At least Valve finally realized there are 3 time zones beyond so many Steam games now unlock at midnight EST.

Also, checking the channel guide and the Bears/Giants preseason game is a national broadcast tonight on CBS? CBS knows that the AFC is garbage and finally have a chance to cover the elite conference instead.

Smokey

When is the West Coast going to drift into the ocean? Christ.

LOL

I bought and downloaded GW2 from Amazon digital last night. Created an account on GW2.com, went through the installer, left DL on and went to bed. I'm all ready to go now.

Ferny put the word in for ya boy get me in the guild!!

May need to look into a second SSD drive now though not much space left after GW2 :/

eznark

Banned
The sooner the better! The video game industry constantly screws everyone else in favor of worst coast. At least Valve finally realized there are 3 time zones beyond so many Steam games now unlock at midnight EST.

Also, checking the channel guide and the Bears/Giants preseason game is a national broadcast tonight on CBS? CBS knows that the AFC is garbage and finally have a chance to cover the elite conference instead.

Want to hear something fucked up, the REPLAY of the Packers - Bengals game on NFLN was black out last night. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!!

I recorded NFLN to watch it. I was still up at midnight, when the replay started to so I turned it on. It cut out so I thought "fuck you goodell you cunt" and switched to local CBS which was showing it...except that they started their replay at 11:00.

FUCK BLACKOUTS

Sanjuro

Yeah, I have a SSD as well on a mac. Had to gut windows 7 partition. Happy beyond belief that I didn't need to re-install.

Reduce virtual memory.
Delete temp files, Service Pack, windows update install.
Disabled hibernation mode.

There might have been something else, but I freed up a good 8-9 GB.

BigAT

Want to hear something fucked up, the REPLAY of the Packers - Bengals game on NFLN was black out last night. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!!

I recorded NFLN to watch it. I was still up at midnight, when the replay started to so I turned it on. It cut out so I thought "fuck you goodell you cunt" and switched to local CBS which was showing it...except that they started their replay at 11:00.

FUCK BLACKOUTS

Why didn't you use your Bengals season tickets to go to the game?

eznark

Banned
Why didn't you use your Bengals season tickets to go to the game?

To go to a pre-season game? Why would anyone do that?

I almost did head down there though at 6:00 when I found out it was blacked out live. Unfortunately the only person in the world who would want to go with me went to Bristol for the race.

Ferny

I just watched several videos of GW2 in the OT and this sounds good. I've never been in on a MMO at launch and no monthly fees is cool with me. So I think I'm going to get this. Those videos sold me.

Nice! Glad to have you as part of the team.

Ferny

Rors it should auto resume it may be your crappy spy computer that is giving you the issue.

Smokey I got you bro...(Get me Lakers in 2k13 kthx)

Ferny

Smokey, Rors, Bob, and Sanjuro, send me your GW tags (name.####) so I can get you on the cool people list. Ez and Nightz already are on it cause they cool like that.

eznark

Banned
I just set up mumble and found an old headset. I'm thinking of running to microcenter and picking something nicer up but we'll see. I've been meaning to get one so I can scream at newbs in doter anyway.

where do I see the date, was it in one of the emails? Also, I'm not even sure I downloaded it on the same console I have now, hope that doesn't screw me over.

You have to launch the app. Go redownload it if needed. The app is free and then you can see the time you have left.

Game releases at 3 pm pst. Dm foolishly believed it would be earlier!

Sokantish

It was just an e-mail specifying launch times, it said

"Pre-Purchase with 3-Day Headstart: Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior."

Oh EVE Online is offering me 14 free days. Time to quit GW2!

eznark

Banned
Awesome! I'm probably going to wait up either way. I was up til 3am last night playing Lost Cities. That shit is addictive.

I hope they do a rolling update and let us in business time get in early!

Mrbob

I'm leaning towards Ranger. Although I always tend to use Ranger in most situations so I might try something else!

New Super Mario Brothers 2 just came from newegg. Game is familiar but fun. I turned the 3d off though. The background 3d seems like junk or non existent and the game looks a lot sharper in 2D.

Playing this makes me yearn for 3d Land 2. Such an awesome game and the 3D depth worked to its advantage.

Splat

We get to use preseason injured dudes in OF, right? IE: I get Travelle Wharton back for franchise play despite his ACL currently being fucked.

Edit: Terence Newman has 97 speed still? Holy crap.
Edit2: Vontaze Burfict 69 speed :(
Edit3: Dontay Moch, despite being a crazy physical freak who ran 4.44 at 250lbs, only has 80 speed. Someone hit Donny :(

Splat

FYI for you Dline anti-advocates, no one in the demo was able to get off blocks for me like last year, but there were also no super studs. I'll give Atkins some playtime tonight and see how much he eats up Alex Smith if FMT's game.

Sanjuro

I might be heading out to a bar tonight to see a friend off, if not I'll be on tonight with you gents. I have Monday and Tuesday off. Pretty excited about getting some serious time in with the game.

Is the game similar to other MMOs where it is server based? Can my character take day trips to other servers or restricted?

eznark

Banned
FYI for you Dline anti-advocates, no one in the demo was able to get off blocks for me like last year, but there were also no super studs. I'll give Atkins some playtime tonight and see how much he eats up Alex Smith if FMT's game.

Will wait until Welli weighs in.

Where has he been, he didn't get banned did he?

Ferny

I might be heading out to a bar tonight to see a friend off, if not I'll be on tonight with you gents. I have Monday and Tuesday off. Pretty excited about getting some serious time in with the game.

Is the game similar to other MMOs where it is server based? Can my character take day trips to other servers or restricted?

You can guest on different servers and do everything except for WvW. So pretty much you can go on any server you want as a guest. Also Guilds are not server based. They are account wide.

eznark

Banned
You can guest on different servers and do everything except for WvW. So pretty much you can go on any server you want as a guest. Also Guilds are not server based. They are account wide.

Seems like they have made pretty much every awesome decision. Two big things that killed me in SWTOR: customizable UI and group searching.

Do those exist? Do you even need the group searching for this game, seems like maybe not?

Ferny

Seems like they have made pretty much every awesome decision. Two big things that killed me in SWTOR: customizable UI and group searching.

Do those exist? Do you even need the group searching for this game, seems like maybe not?

You really don't seeing as how you don't need to fight for specific mobs or anything because everything counts for everyone.

Top Bottom