• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
we should try some co op too, I like having someone to blame interceptions on.

BigAT

Looks like there are still separate roster updates for online and franchise. There was a release day roster update put out today, but it doesn't have any effect on Connected Careers.

Somnia

I'm down to play anyone when madden goes up (if I'm awake, plan on napping before GW2), but I'd like to get a fake league going if anyone is down.

Nightz

Looks like there are still separate roster updates for online and franchise. There was a release day roster update put out today, but it doesn't have any effect on Connected Careers.

Here's an update from pastapadre's Twitter:
Ok so here's what I found @donny_moore. The updated roster carries over to "Online" Connected Careers but not "Offline" ones.

LukeSmith

I just set up mumble and found an old headset. I'm thinking of running to microcenter and picking something nicer up but we'll see. I've been meaning to get one so I can scream at newbs in doter anyway.

Nice, you can throw games with Ferny, AT and I. We haven't had anyone drop an n-bomb while we've played yet, so you can do your thing

Could someone rip all of the Colts out of the roster file and put it in a separate excel file/google doc for me to look at? The giant file that all the teams are in isn't playing nice with my road computer

I brought my box to my parent house so I can use their sweet sweet fios to download the game. atn ans its shitty dsl would make the game take 4 hours to download at my apartment

all this gw2 talk is making me feel turrible

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Is anyone picking up Madden 13 for the Vita? *crickets

I am thinking of picking it up as I am going to be taking some trips in the next few months and it would make time pass a bit faster.

Somnia

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/24/3263519/madden-nfl-13-review

As sports simulation titles get increasingly complicated, their developers will have to provide more, not less, in the way of tutorials. Madden 13 gives players a ton of options without explaining them in detail, and that's an issue. But Madden NFL 13 represents a giant leap over its predecessors. It's easily the best Madden title of this console cycle, and it's notable for the ways in which it clearly sets the stage for Tiburon to make a graceful transition into the next generation. The on-field experience is stellar, and Connected Careers' staggering scope allows it to transcend its shortcomings. For the first time in ages, Madden's future is bright.

Finally have internet at my new place. Fuck you AT&T and your shitty customer service!

That means I can finally download the Madden Demo and get a little of play time before Tuesday!

Somnia

The downside is that a constant connection to the EA server is required. If, for any reason, the server drops out during a game in progress (even against the CPU) it would not count and would have to be restarted.

Ugh

Rorschach

2 spots in my auction league left. Who dun want? Also, a couple left in the snake draft league.

I'd rather have reliable madden bros, but I want to fill them soon. If we fill the 2 auction spots, it's nothing but maddenites.

Somnia

2 spots in my auction league left. Who dun want? Also, a couple left in the snake draft league.

I'd rather have reliable madden bros, but I want to fill them soon. If we fill the 2 auction spots, it's nothing but maddenites.

That weekend is gonna be nuts for me now with 3 FF drafts

What website and what time is your draft? I would be interested

Also didn't we have another league...what happened with that? I think DCX started it

Rorschach

What website and what time is your draft? I would be interested

Also didn't we have another league...what happened with that? I think DCX started it

Auction is Sunday at 1 pacific. If we can all agree on another time, I'm open for that. It's a yahoo league.

One thing that caught me off guard was not having the countdown clock on the “Draft Board” page. One of the picks I completely missed because of this – there was no warning beforehand that time was about to expire – so the CPU made the selection for me.

lololollllllllllll

can't wait till the first butt hurting of the draft because someone took too long :D

Will it be a Center for you?

Max Younger makes his triumphant return as the #1 player in the draft! i tried briefly to lookup what is the highest drafted center in NFL history but i couldn't find it. i can't even think of a center draft in the 1st round recently!

my dl is 31% done. going faster than ncaa i suppose :/

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I gotta secure a computer to do the draft on since mine broke and I don't trust my touchpad to do it

Somnia

Max Younger makes his triumphant return as the #1 player in the draft! i tried briefly to lookup what is the highest drafted center in NFL history but i couldn't find it. i can't even think of a center draft in the 1st round recently!

my dl is 31% done. going faster than ncaa i suppose :/

wtf I've been downloading since it went up and I'm only at 47%, but yet everything else is running perfect for me internet wise.

Top Bottom