• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Playing some super bomberman 2. Amazing how good that game is. Makes the Xbox version look like kid shit

BigAT

Is anyone else bothered that in this era of receiving tight ends that can be the primary component of an offense, the game will still put an LB in coverage of the tight end even if you have a spare CB available?

Nightz

Screw you guys, I'm getting the Vita version:

madden-kills-bb.jpg

eznark

Banned
Is anyone else bothered that in this era of receiving tight ends that can be the primary component of an offense, the game will still put an LB in coverage of the tight end even if you have a spare CB available?

Charles Woodson will enjoy his new role as MLB on the 2012 Packers.

BigAT

Sounds like you're jealous of VD! Deal with it!

Actually it was because of my NCAA game, but sure.

If VD was some anomaly in the league, I wouldn't care. But at least two thirds of the NFL has a tight end on their roster that is basically a slightly bulkier wide receiver. To not treat them as proper receivers in the game is just obnoxious and frustrating to try to get around.

Smokey

If VD was some anomaly in the league, I wouldn't care. But at least two thirds of the NFL has a tight end on their roster that is basically a slightly bulkier wide receiver. To not treat them as proper receivers in the game is just obnoxious and frustrating to try to get around.

Most annoying team I've ran into is the patriots. Played a guy yesterday...his formation shows 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB leaving open the possibility of a running play. The TEs came out lined as WRs essentially making you face a 4 wide set with LBs and the TEs were going to work. The pats TEs are beasts though so may be a unique situation for them.

I don't know if it was a package or what but it got me good for a second.

If they come out in 3 wide and you're playing man you could flip the play to have your nickel cover the TE but the you have a lb on slot receiver

BigAT

If they come out in 3 wide and you're playing man you could flip the play to have your nickel cover the TE but the you have a lb on slot receiver

Yeah...that is not a solution. It just becomes an easy flowchart (even easier than the Twins flowchart) where you throw to your slot receiver instead, but first you obviously audible him to an out route since the LB lines up more inside than a CB would.

I don't even mind the scenario presented of a 3-1-1 lining up against nickel defense. It's when I call dime man against 3-1-1 that can be infuriating. Incredibly frustrating to come out in that and then have my nickel CB covering a freaking running back when a 90+ SPD tight end gets my slow linebacker. It's bad logic.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Most annoying team I've ran into is the patriots. Played a guy yesterday...his formation shows 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB leaving open the possibility of a running play. The TEs came out lined as WRs essentially making you face a 4 wide set with LBs and the TEs were going to work. The pats TEs are beasts though so may be a unique situation for them.

I don't know if it was a package or what but it got me good for a second.

yeah, not sure if you noticed when I played you, dallas has a formation this year with the TE in the slot like a three wr formation.

Yeah...that is not a solution. It just becomes an easy flowchart (even easier than the Twins flowchart) where you throw to your slot receiver instead, but first you obviously audible him to an out route since the LB lines up more inside than a CB would.

I don't even mind the scenario presented of a 3-1-1 lining up against nickel defense. It's when I call dime man against 3-1-1 that can be infuriating. Incredibly frustrating to come out in that and then have my nickel CB covering a freaking running back when a 90+ SPD tight end gets my slow linebacker. It's bad logic.

This is where manual D is crucial and can cover up holes!

Do you guys think we need a separate thread for the NHL club when it hits or should we just keep all that shit in house here?

Cause it's here in 2 weeks

LukeSmith

I think this is where that speedy audibling pre-snap is important, where you'd re-set your coverage manually, put the LB on the RB and the dime CB on the TE

Ok if we are to have a new thread we are going to need a team name and a thread title

GO

by the way if I'm making the OP you can be guaranteed that it will be plain, boring, and shitty. anyone bored outta their minds?

I know at first we rolled with the NWO theme, and maybe our jerseys can just be plain ol' black and white? but we should all vote in on this

McNei1y

Team Name: Super Madden Bros
Colors: Pink

but im kidding I can't think of a good name. I like the Black and White idea but it could be pretty plain depending on what styles they offer.

I don't think they let you actually totally customize it, but you can change colors on the jerseys with a premade logo

What that logo will be I have no idea but I'm guessing it'll either be what we agree is the coolest looking shit or maybe just an "N"

I also vote to keep Madden out of the team title lol

McNei1y

MaddenGAF Jabronies

Tiburon Sharks

Neogaf World Order

DCX's Youtube Apology

The Shadow Council

Like We Give a Puck

Hockey Team #1

Top Bottom