• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

LJ11

Good game DM, not sure who was even left after the end of that one, everyone injured.

Thanks for ruining my season!

Gg. That was fun. Couldn't really do anything against your defense.

That fg that hit the crossbar, I messed up and didn't hit full power.

Yeah we were just getting enough lag for it to be mildly annoying. I got sacked on a couple timing passes that didn't register in time. I think it got better in the 2nd half though.

DMczaf

Good game DM, not sure who was even left after the end of that one, everyone injured.

Thanks for ruining my season!

GG LJ, RIP half your team :(

I had a good hit stick on one of your WRs over the middle! Had flashbacks to Madden 2005 there.

LJ11

GG LJ, RIP half your team :(

I had a good hit stick on one of your WRs over the middle! Had flashbacks to Madden 2005 there.

Yeah, you murdered a couple of dudes. QB out for basically the rest of the year. Rolling with a 46 overall, lol.

Can't believe that last drop, wasn't even hit hard.

DMczaf

Yeah, you murdered a couple of dudes. QB out for basically the rest of the year. Rolling with a 46 overall, lol.

Can't believe that last drop, wasn't even hit hard.

The drop before that gave me a heart attack. Couldn't believe he got behind my safety. Football Gods were watching over me tonight.

GQman2121

Banned
I went ahead and played the cpu Steelers and just barely got away with a win.

Sam Bradford did next to nothing, but he did score two TDs on read options inside the five. Their only other TD was this beauty.

hhjzsc.gif

Strip fumble recovered by the TE and taken 50 yards to the house. These things happen I suppose.

I am getting sick of the confidence system fucking me though.

I had an awful game, but I'm starting this week: -5 confidence

apnezo.jpg
-3 confidence for a missed FG that never happened. Two weeks now back to back I've been docked points for FGs that were never taken.

wdyjta.jpg
My Kendricks Lamar doppelganger has broken all types of rushing records this year and he's carried the ball zero times.

prrprd.jpg

That line drive kick drama is why I always back up my camera to max in every punt game.

I've had people do it against me in some playoff games, never again will I be duped by the cheesers!

SickBoy

Hey guys, I'm leaning towards this being my last season with Madden 15. Despite my crappy season this year, I'm still having fun with the game... but I'm finding it increasingly challenging to keep on top of scheduling games and to keep pace with the league in general. My schedule has always been a bit of a challenge, but I've been finding it even more annoying in the new year.

I'll certainly play out this season at the very least, and keep you posted if anything changes... but I figured this would provide ample opportunity to scout someone new for the Saints slot...

eznark

Banned
I actually did want the link pouch, but I thought it was two different options, a green one and a black one. It was actually just a front/back. Fuck that green side.

LJ11

Had that line drive shit done to me by a couple of members, I wish they were sitting with me in my living room.

I try not to be a cunt when I play, sometimes I am because it's eye for an eye. Remember when Cover 2 Man was so overpowered, everyone would play it. Used to run certain routes that would rip it up, they were really effective and I would use them a ton. It's one thing to run plays that get your opponent out of a coverage, it's another to run broken ass shit because that's all you have.

eznark

Banned
Bob/AT did you guys grab Darkest Dungeon? Any good?

I played a few minutes of Apotheon last night and can safely say I do not get it.

McNei1y

Does anyone use the "suggest play" feature in the game on defense? I'm curious as to see how often it is successful in the sense that it was the right playcall against the offense.

Also, I feel like I have the DOTA itch now.

eznark

Banned
I do because I stopped playing defense. It calls the same play over and over and over and over. But CPU Packers held Soka to 14 points so that's something!

Sokantish

Does anyone use the "suggest play" feature in the game on defense? I'm curious as to see how often it is successful in the sense that it was the right playcall against the offense.

I use "suggest play" on every play

I do because I stopped playing defense. It calls the same play over and over and over and over. But CPU Packers held Soka to 14 points so that's something!

I feel like you running the clock so much helped do that more than the defense!

brentech

If I use it on defense, it's mistakenly so.
On offense I use it about 40% of the time, but I cycle through a lot of plays to get the style of play I want in my mind, unless it gives me a better idea.

BigAT

Bob/AT did you guys grab Darkest Dungeon? Any good?

I played a few minutes of Apotheon last night and can safely say I do not get it.

No, I am still sticking to my rule of no more early access games for the time being. It's definitely on my radar though. I watched a friend play for a bit yesterday and it looks pretty good.

eznark

Banned
I feel like you running the clock so much helped do that more than the defense!
I can only watch so many ace heavy counter plays Soka.

No, I am still sticking to my rule of no more early access games for the time being. It's definitely on my radar though. I watched a friend play for a bit yesterday and it looks pretty good.
Yeah, I don't like to buy single player/co-op games early access because I just never go through games twice. But this one seems cool. If I buy anything EA this week it'll be Chaos Reborn.

eznark

Banned
I know. Not my fault Madden makes it easy to make games go fast! My QB is too dumb to make checks at the line anyway. Sim football bro.

BigAT

Yeah, I don't like to buy single player/co-op games early access because I just never go through games twice. But this one seems cool. If I buy anything EA this week it'll be Chaos Reborn.

Yeah, that's pretty much my reasoning. It's really getting tested lately though, because these games seem to never actually come out of early access. I think Prison Architect has been up for two years now.

The only major one I can really think of that actually finished up was Don't Starve.

eznark

Banned
Prison Architect is one that kind of pisses me off. I paid $50 for that, which is fine, but the improvements they have made since then have been generally not that mindblowing. Just fucking call it released already so that putting it on sale twice a month isn't so annoying.

Planetary Annihilation was released.

$100. It was $5 two months after release!

Prison Architect is one that kind of pisses me off. I paid $50 for that, which is fine, but the improvements they have made since then have been generally not that mindblowing. Just fucking call it released already so that putting it on sale twice a month isn't so annoying.

Planetary Annihilation was released.

$100. It was $5 two months after release!

Pretty sure they were open with "This will get cheaper as it gets more developed" from the start.

Same with Planetary Annihilation, they want actual playtesters who will commit decent feedback during critical stages of development, instead of a flood of shit if they price it low.

At least that's the rational.

eznark

Banned
Pretty sure they were open with "This will get cheaper as it gets more developed" from the start.

Same with Planetary Annihilation, they want actual playtesters who will commit decent feedback during critical stages of development, instead of a flood of shit if they price it low.

At least that's the rational.

Oh for sure. And I'm totally fine with that. Especially with Planetary Annihilation, since they stepped the price down with each big patch until release like they planned. Then they slashed the price because the game was fuck awful.

With Prison Architect though, they put it on sale constantly almost from the jump. And without rhyme or reason and definitely not the step-down model they had originally said.

Ultimately I don't really care. I wanted to play the game and had $30 so I chose to enter into that transaction. At the time the game was worth $30 to me. Still is, fun game! But the way they went about it was dishonest.

Uber was totally upfront about their pricing plans for Annihilation during the EA phase. Once it releases all bets are off.

Mrbob

Prison Architect didn't bother me. The devs have been updating the game nearly every month. They've made enough additions I'm about to hop back into it.

I did pick up Darkest Dungeon, game feels mostly complete already. I think it just needs some tweaking. I only had a chance to play it for an hour yesterday, still learning the mechanics, but it does seem super tough.

Is anyone getting the Homeworld remake? It looks so good.

I love Homeworld, so I will. Shame all the data for Cataclysm is lost. Would be great to see that remade as well.

Top Bottom