• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Pete Carroll moved my best two linebackers, Justin Houston and Dee Ford, to DE and released a shit load of players lol. That's what I get for quitting!

If someone pauses, I always wait until the countdown starts on me, because that means they have unpaused the game. Never know when they have an emergency pause.

Yeah, my kid was about to do something super dangerous so I had to pause real quick to save him from himself. Came back and the play was starting.

GQman2121

Banned
Has the new Steelers owner been fully vetted? He hasn't posted on the site in days. I've PM'd him to say hello and find out about scheduling our game after the vance.

Anyway, the AFC playoff race is going to be a mess over these last five weeks. I'm getting myself together, but a poor run could end my playoff streak.

brentech

Not expecting it next year, but really hope they do connected seasons at some point. Really happy with the team I've created this far.

One of the problems right now is the drafted players in skill positions lack attributes in the strength category. Some of the best real WRs and RBs have 80+ marks in strength, and almost every drafted player in that position tops out at 50. There was some articles about it when it first launched.

Otherwise I really like the random generated draft classes.
Confidence is largely a bust the way it is implemented, but I think I've gotten over that personally, and JohnnyPark has shown you can take a team from the bottom to the top.

Also can't wait to see what OOTP does with their football title. Most likely jump in on that right away.

GQman2121

Banned
I like the random draft classes too. Seeing guys like that CB Ferny landed (Turner) in the sixth round is awesome.

So we're done with the one on one USER CATCHES? Which way is the league leaning for the rule change next season?

I hit both of the UC's I attempted Vs. Mcneily and it felt pretty good. I'd like to see them stay if possible.

brentech

No catches were made in my games via user catch. I do think it helps though, and even though FMTs one-on-one rule at first had me think...ehhhhhh, I think it helps control some real BS since anyone can save a video.

The better question is if someone has a game breaker and it's obviously not 1on1, where do you go from there. Take the loss and complain later?

LegoDad

No catches were made in my games via user catch. I do think it helps though, and even though FMTs one-on-one rule at first had me think...ehhhhhh, I think it helps control some real BS since anyone can save a video.

The better question is if someone has a game breaker and it's obviously not 1on1, where do you go from there. Take the loss and complain later?

1 on 1 catches seem mostly broken on zone coverage deep like Cover 3 and Cover 4. The CBs dropping into the zone have AI issues.

GQman2121

Banned
I like it in one on one situations because I feel like there's no way the cpu is making this catch for me, but the ballhawk could certainly make the pick.

ryzelt.gif

By taking control I can feel that I'm able to hit another gear, get over the top and time the catch. Or at minimum, be in a position to bump the CB off the route of the ball saving a pick.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I could be wrong but i thought you were supposed to just be pressing triangle on catches and not touching anything else.

GQman2121

Banned
Well then I guess I cheated. I'm controlling the WR's movement in that gif at about the 10.

And if that's the case than I vote against user catching because it's pointless if you can't sprint in a straight line to make a catch.

Well then I guess I cheated. I'm controlling the WR's movement in that gif at about the 10.

And if that's the case than I vote against user catching because it's pointless if you can't sprint in a straight line to make a catch.

It was more like the 20, maybe even 25. But I actually agree with you.

LJ11

GG LJ. Full of defense there for most of it. Mason is pretty hard to get down.

Good game man, I had to keep it simple with my QB out. Honestly should have lost, that was pick late in the game that your LB dropped.

I couldn't get a user int for my life that game, I was so close but you just snuck it in there or I didn't get the animation. Definitely a battle and you really slung it around.

LegoDad

that's why you're allowed to manually control them

Yeah that's the issue. Switching to the CB alot of the time causes a glitch and they slow down for a split second allowing the WR to get more than 1 step therefore allowing a big play. They seem to have tuned this down alot in the past few tuning updates, but it's still rampant online and in MUT.

Smokey

Agreed. The DB's are allowed to be taken control of the entire flight of the ball. The WRs should be allowed to as well.

Too exploitable. I don't mind the 1 on 1 coverage deep ball rule at all. It shouldn't be done in double coverage, you should pay for throwing that.

brentech

Yeah that's the issue. Switching to the CB alot of the time causes a glitch and they slow down for a split second allowing the WR to get more than 1 step therefore allowing a big play. They seem to have tuned this down alot in the past few tuning updates, but it's still rampant online and in MUT.

I think everyone in this league has had the exact opposite feeling. Switch to a CB right before the ball arrives and you have a great chance at a pick. But yes, if you switch too early and hit triangle, your DB will slow down because he's attempting to locate the ball too early.
People threw like 30+ ints the last few season because many people could rarely complete a deep ball. That's the whole reason we were testing out user control catching.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Moving the manual receiver is an invitation to abuse. the AI follows the receivers not the ball.

Not expecting it next year, but really hope they do connected seasons at some point. Really happy with the team I've created this far.

One of the problems right now is the drafted players in skill positions lack attributes in the strength category. Some of the best real WRs and RBs have 80+ marks in strength, and almost every drafted player in that position tops out at 50. There was some articles about it when it first launched.

I agree with this 100%. In the other league I have a drafted RB who is a complete monster in every category except strength, he falls down when you look at him funny.

When I was using the Rams a few years back I had this RB, CJ Sanford, who had strength in the 80s. He was average in every other category but was impossible to bring down. I would invite the contact and would stiff arm or truck through dudes. It was awesome.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
but a manual defender follows the ball, and AI WR follows the route

Madden is one big abuse!

Hey duders, Finally picked up the game thanks to the PSN Sale. I don't typically do franchise mode but this seems like a good group. Any teams available at the moment? Or can I be added to wait list?

CB3

Hey duders, Finally picked up the game thanks to the PSN Sale. I don't typically do franchise mode but this seems like a good group. Any teams available at the moment? Or can I be added to wait list?

Do you like dota?

Measure your words carefully!

CB3

Dota consumed my gaming life for a good year before I finally pulled myself out of it's vortex. I can still appreciate it from a distance

If you were in a hypothetical safe lane with riki/veno against a solo phoenix, would you die 4 times in the first ten minutes?

As long as the answer is no, you're on the list!

Top Bottom