• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

brentech

i won a bot match. i didn't really know what i was doing.it was kind of fun.

is this the beginning of the rabbit hole

i'm sure you guys were probably tearing up from laughter in the chat lol

i have learned to buy boots
what items I needed, when I should get them, and just finding them in the shop might have taken me the longest to figure out. That's a lot of info to take in.

We all still ask, think I should buy X? Every now and then just to verify our thoughts or make sure its a good choice if someone else is a lot more familiar with that hero or whatever.
It's a real curve

JABEE

GG, FMT. I thought I had you when I got that sack. I turned the ball over way too much at the end. I should have just called a run and not risked losing out on the points.

That one throw at the end of the half was pretty cool. I wish I could make those throws more often! I almost played spoiler. Just let it slip from my grasps. GG. Thanks for watching!

You're right, Bob. I was so damn close. :(

gg jabee. really fortunate i got that pick when you were up 3. i sold out against the run (not completely but man blitz) and if you had gotten that first down then my best case scenario was getting the ball back with about 1:10 down by 6 with no timeouts left.

kap got rattled after that first int and started throwing inaccurate balls but as i am prone to do i threw into some bad coverage as well. i would be 0-16 if i had to depend on my passing game!

JABEE

gg jabee. really fortunate i got that pick when you were up 3. i sold out against the run (not completely but man blitz) and if you had gotten that first down then my best case scenario was getting the ball back with about 1:10 down by 6 with no timeouts left.

kap got rattled after that first int and started throwing inaccurate balls but as i am prone to do i threw into some bad coverage as well. i would be 0-16 if i had to depend on my passing game!
This game makes it tough to be a passer. That was a really fun matchup.

McNei1y

I'm bored of playing Halo by myself. Should I commit to watching Nightcrawler or play The Show Diamond Dynasty or My pro in NBA2K15.

brentech

We have a speculative list of many of the players that are likely to be a part of the Ultimate Freeze based on Madden Mobile data. Here's what we have found so far:

Legends
Bo Jackson
Deacon Jones
Jack Lambert

Out of Position Players

Jermaine Kearse QB
Antonio Brown QB
Mohamed Sanu QB
Tavon Austin HB
William Perry FB
Johnny Manziel WR
Deion Sanders WR
Russell Wilson WR
Donald Penn TE
Clay Matthews MLB
Devin Hester CB
Julio Jones S
George Blanda K

These are the special players and out of position players you can get in MUT gift cards. I have 2 waiting to be opened. They open on a certain day.

Clay Matthews at MLB is kind of lol at this point (especially since you could already put his card starting at MLB). Hester started in the NFL on defense....the fridge is cool and all, but it a FB card, so meh. Wilson and Manziel would be kind of hilarious at WR.
That Antonio Brown QB is kind of like a 05 Vick card. Has like 95spd and 96 elusive.

Getting Bo would be so awesome though.

Smokey

These are the special players and out of position players you can get in MUT gift cards. I have 2 waiting to be opened. They open on a certain day.

Clay Matthews at MLB is kind of lol at this point (especially since you could already put his card starting at MLB). Hester started in the NFL on defense....the fridge is cool and all, but it a FB card, so meh. Wilson and Manziel would be kind of hilarious at WR.
That Antonio Brown QB is kind of like a 05 Vick card. Has like 95spd and 96 elusive.

Getting Bo would be so awesome though.

the hell is this

i don't even have any packs to open :l

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG LJ. Absolutely not the way I thought that game would go.

Aaron Donald is a fucking manchild. 3 man rush and he was killing me. Whoever is 93 on the blitz was drestorying me as well. I couldn't tell where he was coming from since I kept looking through my progressions. You played a much better game than I did.

brentech

the hell is this

i don't even have any packs to open :l

if you buy packs starting today, they can have the 'frozen tundra' cards. Get 5 and turn it into a gift. Or trade for a gift, but you can't buy one from auction.
You can also just straight get a gift in one of the new packs as well.

I used my 125k coins from selling my maxwell elite card to buy 15 pack bundle this morning. got a straight gift card in one pack, and then enough frozen tundra cards to turn it into another.

It actually just replaces the pro packs. pretty sure even if you already had pro packs sitting waiting to be open you would still get those cards now.

http://www.muthead.com/ - for details

that isn't the official list, but it looks like it will be. the Brown card was shown

LJ11

GG LJ. Absolutely not the way I thought that game would go.

Aaron Donald is a fucking manchild. 3 man rush and he was killing me. Whoever is 93 on the blitz was drestorying me as well. I couldn't tell where he was coming from since I kept looking through my progressions. You played a much better game than I did.

Amukamara went off. I mean the first one was on me, I shouldn't tried to lead throws. The second I was late but Amukamara was outside and I thought I had enough to get it in there, think the pass lead did me in again, still trying to lead like Madden 13. The 3rd was fucking ridiculous, but again I tried to lead a bit. And the 4th was fuck it why not, I thought he might have a step on him but nope.

Difference was honestly the 2 minute drill to end half, lost track of the clock and did it again later in the game as well. Should have targeted Nicks more, and my TEs. First meeting you hit me early and often, and I just wanted to keep it short and mix the run in and not let you tee off. I threw ints instead, but Amukamara was insane.

Edit: KJ Goode (93) was a steal in the 2nd, has his issues getting off blocks but I don't care about him stuffing the run, I want him to chase down QBs and cover fast receivers. My DL did play well but it's been sporadic. Hated to lose that game, embarrassing to throw that many ints. 0-4 against Bob and Welly, vets holding me down!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Amukamara went off. I mean the first one was on me, I shouldn't tried to lead throws. The second I was late but Amukamara was outside and I thought I had enough to get it in there, think the pass lead did me in again, still trying to lead like Madden 13. The 3rd was fucking ridiculous, but again I tried to lead a bit. And the 4th was fuck it why not, I thought he might have a step on him but nope.

Difference was honestly the 2 minute drill to end half, lost track of the clock and did it again later in the game as well. Should have targeted Nicks more, and my TEs. First meeting you hit me early and often, and I just wanted to keep it short and mix the run in and not let you tee off. I threw ints instead, but Amukamara was insane.

Edit: KJ Goode (93) was a steal in the 2nd, has his issues getting off blocks but I don't care about him stuffing the run, I want him to chase down QBs and cover fast receivers. My DL did play well but it's been sporadic. Hated to lose that game, embarrassing to throw that many ints. 0-4 against Bob and Welly, vets holding me down!

That 3rd was ridiculous. Peeled off his man going down the field, your man was open in the window of that particular zone call and you got Madden'd.

After the first drive I thought I was going to be able to assault you on O since I was making the right calls but then your DL just took over. I don't know what play you were calling but it was a 3 down set and your RE Quinn was just running around my T and my T never stepped up to engage.

I think I clinched a playoff berth with that game. I'm not sure how it would work for the NFC East. I split with Crow and if I split with CB that puts me at 4-2 in the division and 9-3 in the conference. It goes to common games tiebreaker which I'm too tired to calculate.

LJ11

That 3rd was ridiculous. Peeled off his man going down the field, your man was open in the window of that particular zone call and you got Madden'd.

After the first drive I thought I was going to be able to assault you on O since I was making the right calls but then your DL just took over. I don't know what play you were calling but it was a 3 down set and your RE Quinn was just running around my T and my T never stepped up to engage.

I think I clinched a playoff berth with that game. I'm not sure how it would work for the NFC East. I split with Crow and if I split with CB that puts me at 4-2 in the division and 9-3 in the conference. It goes to common games tiebreaker which I'm too tired to calculate.

I know I hit you with the corner blitz often, it's overpowered in this game as we all know by now. 4 man pass rush, with a couple of adjustments to cover the TE. Normally guys like to just come up and snap, but you didn't which gave me a few extra seconds to hot route, though I did leave Cruz open on a few plays.

Hard one to lose, think I did alright on D outside of the play to Wilson for a long gainer. But man that downfield passing was atrocious. Missed a corner route early in the game too that was just off. Oh well, hopefully I can win a few more down the stretch and finish strong.

Edit: I wanted to hit you with a corner route in the second half but I could never get one when I called it and when I did I either missed or it for a 12 yard gain, in fact Amukamara almost intercepted that as well. Beast.

eznark

Banned
I thought you finished that months ago!

Nope, I never bothered to upload the save the the cloud so it was living on the living room ps4 which hardly got played. Spent a couple hours finishing up the second half. Really, really awesome. Probably one of my favorites this year.

Somnia

Nope, I never bothered to upload the save the the cloud so it was living on the living room ps4 which hardly got played. Spent a couple hours finishing up the second half. Really, really awesome. Probably one of my favorites this year.

Hm that's some high praise. I got it on the PSN sale, just need to find time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow DM has lost 5 of his last 6 games. With a win Birdman could move into first in the NFC South and they play each other to end the year. I wonder what changed for DM?

McNei1y

Madden sucks for free agency. Everyone has too much money since the player valuations aren't even close to the real life values.

Good point. Seems all over the place. I guess I'll have to find some gems in the draft... too bad I'm as competent as the real life Redskins when it comes to drafting.

I don't remember who owns the Saints but that guy absolutely destroyed me in the first few weeks. That left a scar.

Top Bottom