• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
Ya I'm really really liking The Fall, I was JUST about to ask what you thought of it too.

Just finished it. Probably could have finished it last night but went to bed at midnight. Took around 4 hours or so, a couple fantastic puzzles (which is nice in that age of Telltale ruining adventure games) and just an amazing story. Chapter 2 just vaulted up to my most anticipated game list.

Controls are ass but that's the only downside. Even the voice work is pitch perfect.

Definitely one of the best games of the year.

Mrbob

Awesome. I picked up The Fall right before the sale ended. Going to start it later this week.

The best games released this year are easily the smaller titles.

Somnia

Just finished it. Probably could have finished it last night but went to bed at midnight. Took around 4 hours or so, a couple fantastic puzzles (which is nice in that age of Telltale ruining adventure games) and just an amazing story. Chapter 2 just vaulted up to my most anticipated game list.

Controls are ass but that's the only downside. Even the voice work is pitch perfect.

Definitely one of the best games of the year.

I'm still pretty early, just got my gun, but really enjoying the atmosphere of the game. I agree the controls are pretty bad, but I am adjusting.

eznark

Banned
I'm trying something new this year, I'm making a Steam category of games I want to finish in each month, since so many games I buy, dip into, enjoy but then they get lost in the shuffle. Already removed one from my January playlist! Wolfenstein, you next!

Finishing up my third playthrough of Book of Unwritten Tales, then Wolfenstein, then Divinity (lol that will be on there every month all year...) then Shadow of Mordor. If I can get Wolfenstein and Mordor done (not necessarily to completion, just til I am sick of them) in January that pretty much cleans up anything I cared about in 2015. I think I'm ready to just admit I do not like Dragon Age and stop dumping hours into it.
I'm still pretty early, just got my gun, but really enjoying the atmosphere of the game. I agree the controls are pretty bad, but I am adjusting.
That's basically the tutorial. The game comes when you go up to the second level. It's 8 really excellent puzzles. The baby one and helping the old woman cross the street are so fucking funny. Anyone know who Over the Moon is?

vanced

signings of note:

Demaryius Thomas - Titans
Michael Floyd - Eagles
Harrison Smith - Titans
Cameron Heyward - Titans
Mike Wallace - Jets
Jimmy Smith - Jets
Patrick Willis - Bengals
Cameron Jordan - Bears
Blair Walsh - Colts
Matt Prater - Falcons

JABEE

Did Bob mean to offer him 100 million? lol

A lot of the top guys were out of my price range. Crazy money for Thomas and Jordan.

I pretty much doubled everybody's desired contract and didn't get anybody I really wanted. I still have 35 million in cap space now. Thought I would get at least one of the off lineman I was trying for.

JABEE

The Titans must have had unlimited cap space. They signed both Smith and Thomas. People were saying they didn't even place on the highest bid section with contracts over $100 million for Thomas.

Mrbob

You know what feels good. Even after that contract and I drop Allen, I'll still have around 20 million to play around with. The benefit of having a bunch of young players under contract long term and getting rid of old trash. I treated this like a baseball pitcher contract. Bad money but I had it available to use and it makes a significant upgrade on my dline.

It was a battle between me and DM for Cameron Jordan. He was sending some trash talk messages like I had no chance, so I went high to make sure I got my guy. The funny thing is I wasn't the top bid. I was the number two bid according to the game. But he was a perfect fit for my scheme!

DCX

DCX
Lol wow

I feel pretty good about getting Timmons. He trumps Worrilow. Over paid for Prater but there wasn't much for kickers on the market and I had the money.

Still have 18 million to play with. Should have gone after a couple other pieces.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Although there is no specific rule that says you cant offer someone double the NFL record for a contract, i tend to have a big problem when people wink and nod shit like that to game the system

ku-xlarge.jpg

Somnia

I got a few pieces to help out some weak spots for Dallas, but no one major. I have my eye on a couple really good prospects in the draft though, we'll see. Could only scout so much with 1200 points.

Mrbob

Although there is no specific rule that says you cant offer someone double the NFL record for a contract, i tend to have a big problem when people wink and nod shit like that to game the system

Gotta play the market. The market said I was the number two bid, even at 180 million. So I went higher and up to 200 million the last week.

Lol wow

I feel pretty good about getting Timmons. He trumps Worrilow. Over paid for Prater but there wasn't much for kickers on the market and I had the money.

Still have 18 million to play with. Should have gone after a couple other pieces.

DCX

i offered prater like double what he wanted because there ain't shit out there for kickers (in the draft OR FA). i'm in trouble :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gotta play the market. The market said I was the number two bid, even at 180 million. So I went higher and up to 200 million the last week.
You realize that's not accurate right?

I am offering my first rounder for a good DE/DT. I don't want some old dude on the last year of his contract.

ku-xlarge.jpg
Pretty much. I despise these ridiculous contracts people get

But hey when they can quit after the season, why not

LJ11

Lol wow

DCX

Saw you wanted him so I laid off, hes still fast as fuck. Truthfully I just wanted Willis so FMT could witness what we witness, went all in on him and Thomas. Offered Thomas 120.

On to the draft. I'm more interested in how Soka gets 1700 rushing than how he fits everyone under the cap.

Saw you wanted him so I laid off, hes still fast as fuck. Truthfully I just wanted Willis so FMT could witness what we witness, went all in on him and Thomas. Offered Thomas 120.

On to the draft. I'm more interested on how Soka gets 1700 rushing than how he fits everyone under the cap.

sokas running game didn't do much in the superbowl.... or the afc championship!

Mrbob

When you really break it down, not much of a difference in terms of percentages. He wanted 84 million with a 22 million bonus. I offered 200 million. That's not even double. Many people offered more than double for other contracts. This one just has a larger number attached.

It is a big, dumb, awful contract. I agree. However I'd rather have the big time awful contract with a 99 rated DE and 20 million to use than not have the big dumb awful contract and have 50 million.

If that happens, Bob can't play next year.

Freedom can't be a punishment.

Top Bottom