• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

DMczaf

It was a battle between me and DM for Cameron Jordan. He was sending some trash talk messages like I had no chance, so I went high to make sure I got my guy. The funny thing is I wasn't the top bid. I was the number two bid according to the game. But he was a perfect fit for my scheme!

*checks logs*

(11:11:17 PM) Mrbob: dude
(11:11:19 PM) Mrbob: how much money
(11:11:23 PM) Mrbob: have you given that 99 DE
(11:11:24 PM) Mrbob: you fucker
(11:11:33 PM) dmczafx23: :cool:
(11:11:39 PM) Mrbob: i'm breaking the bank on a bid
(11:11:44 PM) Mrbob: and it seems like you still have offered him more
(11:11:51 PM) dmczafx23: i got $60M in space
(11:11:53 PM) dmczafx23: mwahahaha
(11:11:59 PM) Mrbob: loool
(11:12:03 PM) Mrbob: how big is that signing bonus
(11:12:08 PM) dmczafx23: who knows
(11:12:09 PM) dmczafx23: ;)
(11:12:23 PM) Mrbob: lol
(11:12:27 PM) Mrbob: i will get him
(11:12:29 PM) Mrbob: not giving up!

ku-xlarge.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Anybody want to trade down to the 17th pick in the draft? I really need to move up to make sure I get the QB I need

?

A third round pick will get it done.

Michael Floyd has 0 confidence. What happened to him in Arizona!?

Damn, I really wanted him too. I didn't realize everyone would offer nearly double the asking price to land some of these FAs. I think I offered $20 million with $6 guaranteed. Clearly not enough in this market.....

Sokantish

Anyone interested in a 34 year old LT? 86 OVR, 91 PBK, 91 RBK, 81 IBK, 87 STR, 67 SPD, 99 AWR. That's not counting his confidence boost! Which brings those up to 96 PBK, 96 RBK, 85 IBK

brentech

Michael Floyd has 0 confidence. What happened to him in Arizona!?
Pretty much all my receivers have 0 and I ended 7-9 this year. I think 11th most yards from QB. Might be wrong. I was in top 15. Just nothing to help a WR with confidence unless you get to playoffs it seems.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pretty much all my receivers have 0 and I ended 7-9 this year. I think 11th most yards from QB. Might be wrong. I was in top 15. Just nothing to help a WR with confidence unless you get to playoffs it seems.

I was mostly being facetious. I had confidence problems with my guys until late in the year when i started going on winning streaks. Its real dumb

Mrbob

The confidence system is awful. I hope it gets removed for next year.

Who else here got Endless Legend? I dumped about 12 hours into it in the past 3 days. We need to get a multiplayer game going!

I have it. Hopefully it performs better online than Dungeon of the Endless.

Played some DotE multi last night and it is very fun. However, it is extremely buggy online.

DCX

DCX
Wait...is this real?

Bills signed Brees on a 7 year deal worth 8.1million?
I was waiting for someone to bring this up! Which one is worse, 200 million dollar deal or an 7 year 8 million dollar deal to a 35+ qb lol

DCX

DJ Bowser

The 9th pick in the draft is on the trade block, gentlemen! I'd like a good, quick WR, TE, or solid O-line guys...

Or Demariyus. Soka, gimme Thomas!

GQman2121

Banned
I don't mind the confidence system it just needs to be modified and more accurate. For example, I had my kicker lose 3 points before the Divisional game for missing a FG he never missed. He went 1 for 1. I've also had players with 6 tackles lose confidence because they should have had more tackles. That just kills the entire system they have in place.

edit:

God damn Ferny, $17 million a year for Jimmy Smith!? This market is out of control.

rinse82

Wait...is this real?

Bills signed Brees on a 7 year deal worth 8.1million?

Wait he actually accepted that? Lol. Was just fucking around with what little cap I had remaining after all my bids.

I'll release him if that's what everyone wants

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQ: like I said a few days ago, the valuation system for re-signing players is broken so it creates an unrealistically large amount of cap space. The amount guys are shelling out for some of these FAs is actually market value to scale, except for Jordan.

Went through the salary cap figures for all the teams:

12 teams have more than $45 Mil available. (3 or 4 others above $40)

9 teams have more than $50 Mil available.

The Raiders have $75 Mil

The Steelers have $107 Mil.

Free agency does not make any sense until EA fixes the valuation for players looking for extensions. You can lock any player on your team up, no matter how good, for absurdly cheap.

I don't think the I should've had more tackles thing has anything to do with the number of tackles you have, I think it's the number of missed tackles you have. I should've had a pick = dropped pick is my logic.

GQman2121

Banned

Not at all. But from what Wellie is explaining it makes sense. I'm just one of those owners who has to watch the spending because one or two $10m+ deals could put me in long term trouble. I would have loved to have held on to Jimmy this year but his contract demands priced me out.

Anyway, our top stories for those not not aware.....

OsuKMki.png

B054LNd.png

GiOqdjf.png

xlBpeT9.png

the issue isn't only with the way extensions/cap are handled but also the FACT that realistically none of us need to really worry about line depth. yes we see QB's injured, skill position players injured, LB's here and there. but rarely (and by rare i mean i can't remember the last time i saw it) is an offensive lineman injured.

And for the guys who do get injured... how often is that? its pretty rare compared to real football so those tough choices keeping guys for depth aren't there because you mostly don't need too much of it (especially on the O-line and D-line).

GQman2121

Banned
If only the asshats over at Operation Sports cared about shit like that and not towel color or shoelace patterns, perhaps the producers that post overthere would make the adjustments. There has to be someone on their staff that's aware of these issues.

brentech

If only the asshats over at Operation Sports cared about shit like that and not towel color or shoelace patterns, perhaps the producers that post overthere would make the adjustments. There has to be someone on their staff that's aware of these issues.
So much this. I want to punch those bitches in the nuts

yep. those complaints, complaints of the names on the back of the jersey not being the correct size, complaints of the logo on the helmet not being exactly the correct size.... fucking idiots

Just finished up my scouting. I'm probably not going to need all of my picks, so if anyone is looking to move down in the first round for more picks, let me know. I have pick 28.

Top Bottom