• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

DMczaf

Smokey said:
Usually when that happens you got to get some layups to break them out of that cold streak. Otherwise it'll continue on the path like DM had.

You don't think I tried?!

4th Quarter
24:41 Foyle made a 2 point Dunk 46-44
25:08 Lewis made a 2 point Jump Shot 46-46
26:11 Turkoglu missed a 3 point Jump Shot 46-46
26:27 Lee made a 2 point Layup 46-48
27:02 Lewis missed a 2 point Dunk 49-49
27:28 Lewis missed a 3 point Jump Shot 49-49
27:56 Howard missed a 2 point Dunk 52-49
28:23 Nelson missed a 2 point Layup 54-49
28:55 Howard missed a 2 point Layup 57-49
29:32 Lewis missed a 2 point Dunk 59-49
29:56 Nelson missed a 3 point Jump Shot 59-49
30:29 Nelson missed a 3 point Jump Shot 61-50
30:31 Howard missed a 2 point Tip in 61-50

30:34 Howard made a 2 point Layup 61-52
31:33 Lewis made a 2 point Jump Shot 63-54
31:57 Nelson missed a 3 point Jump Shot 64-54
31:59 Cook made a 2 point Layup 64-56

Look at the score before the cold streak, and then after the cold streak. Those 3 1/2 mins were KILLER.

anachronous_one said:
gg viakado! I feel lucky to have pulled that one out! :p

EDIT: I cannot believe how poorly I've shot the 3 ball tonight. Good lord. I hope this is simply a cold streak of my own and not a forshadowing of the rest of the season ...
great game!
btw, bibby is open in the market for another point guard.
and horford is on the market for a 3pt gunnah!

Hunter D

GG Fivering you bust my ass that game.

How are you guys uploading vids from your games?

Whoever has the jazz I'm interested in making a trade.

DMczaf

viakado said:
who's your point?

act_jameer_nelson.jpg

You can see why I want Bibby :(

Smokey

DMczaf said:
You don't think I tried?!

:lol I didn't even catch all that

Look at the score before the cold streak, and then after the cold streak. Those 3 1/2 mins were KILLER.

Hunter D said:
GG Fivering you bust my ass that game.

How are you guys uploading vids from your games?

Whoever has the jazz I'm interested in making a trade.

You have to have your GT linked w/ 2ksports.com first.

1. Save replay you want from gametrack
2. Go to reelmaker under features
3. Load the replay into reelmaker
4. Do whatever kind of fancy smancy things you want to do..when finished press start and go to icon in bottom right hand corner that says save/upload. Click upload to 2ksports.com
5. Go to 2ksports.com and login. Go to view your profile and the video should be there.
6. When you open the video it'll have options on the right for you to attach the file to a league. Under that there's a drop down menu w/ a list of games you've played. Choose game you want to attach file to and you're done.

And Shane Battier is now on the trade block.

Smokey

viakado said:
show me reddick's and nelson's ratings.

And a reminder....watch your points in the paint.

Yes you are allowed 50 PIP (your final PIP is PIP - 2nd chance points)...but I'm looking at some of these shot charts online...and yeah..

just sayin'

---

FMT I proposed a trade to you..check it out.

BigAT

ecnal said:
i'm listening :D

btw: nets, knicks, raps, lets play our games.

I'll be getting home from work at 5 PM EST, I can play anytime after that. What's good for you?

I also need to play the 76ers if you will be around tonight Ramirez.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
And a reminder....watch your points in the paint.

Yes you are allowed 50 PIP (your final PIP is PIP - 2nd chance points)...but I'm looking at some of these shot charts online...and yeah..

just sayin'

---

FMT I proposed a trade to you..check it out.
PIP minus second chance AND fast break, or just minus second chance?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Iverson? For trade? Isn't he a protected player? We have rules against trading superstar players Smokey and you were the one that implemented them.

Could you please make that list up today and post it in the thread here as well as on the 2k site for us all? If two players need to be protected on each team then I don't see Iverson moving anywhere.

anachronous_one said:
PIP minus second chance AND fast break, or just minus second chance?

It is minus both second chance and fast break but if your shot chart has every single PIP as a dunk then we will have issues as the season goes on. I think I can speak for all the veterans of these leagues when I say that we would love for everyone to stay, but if all we see is threes and dunks from a player then I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem with playing without that person.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Iverson? For trade? Isn't he a protected player? We have rules against trading superstar players Smokey and you were the one that implemented them.

Could you please make that list up today and post it in the thread here as well as on the 2k site for us all? If two players need to be protected on each team then I don't see Iverson moving anywhere.

It is minus both second chance and fast break but if your shot chart has every single PIP as a dunk then we will have issues as the season goes on. I think I can speak for all the veterans of these leagues when I say that we would love for everyone to stay, but if all we see is threes and dunks from a player then I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem with playing without that person.

The protected player deal was AKA's doing. Last season I took that off just to make things more interesting and it worked out fine so I just kept it the same. You don't HAVE to trade your superstars but hell if you can't win with them or can't get their shot timing correct do what you gotta do. Plus with the new trade analyzer you can see if you're getting the short end of the stick on a deal and vice versa.

And yeah w/ PIP like I said 50 is PLENTY. You said minus 2nd chance and FB points which I guess in the end is the same as I have it setup (PIP - 2nd chance).

I'm just saying it's easy now to look at the shot charts online of every game. So when I get PM's about another player abusing the PIP it's pretty easy to see if he was correct by looking at the shot charts.

It's still early in the season, so I'm just giving people a heads up.

---

In other news we made a trade today!

Rockets:
Shane Battier
Steve Francis

for

Mavs:
Josh Howard
J.J. Barea

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
i want R. Lewis!!!:D
But you already got rid of a tall, skilled, athletic shooter in J.J.! Circular trade logic? :)

I need to get in games against the Lakers (my first game of the round) and the Cavs (Truelize). I should be able to play tonight after 9pm Eastern.

---

Also, IRL, Chauncy and Mc-Diggity-Dyess gone to the Nuggets within the hour, in exchange for A.I.??? :-( Don't like that trade.
http://tinyurl.com/6ohntw

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
FrenchMovieTheme said:
daaaaang detroit traded chauncey billiups!? thats messed up
Dammit. DO. NOT. WANT.

So we trade Chauncy and a decent defender and rebounder in McDyess for A.I. --- I can't see it. I just can't see it. I love Dumars, and trust him for most decisions, but this feels like a Darko-instead-of-Mello-or-Wade kinda deal.

---

Also, can anyone tell me how long it takes for a trade to "take effect"? It's been accepted by the commish, but on the website, my roster is the same still, and as of about an hour after the trade being approved last night my in-game roster was still the same.

Is there something more I need to do yet?

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Dammit. DO. NOT. WANT.

So we trade Chauncy and a decent defender and rebounder in McDyess for A.I. --- I can't see it. I just can't see it. I love Dumars, and trust him for most decisions, but this feels like a Darko-instead-of-Mello-or-Wade kinda deal.

---

Also, can anyone tell me how long it takes for a trade to "take effect"? It's been accepted by the commish, but on the website, my roster is the same still, and as of about an hour after the trade being approved last night my in-game roster was still the same.

Is there something more I need to do yet?

I'm not sure. I'll look at my situation when I get home in a few. I made a trade w/ FMT last night and accepted it, but it hasn't shown up as going through on the website...even though I accepted the trade.

Others that have made trades...what did you all do for the trade to take effect?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Shawnwhann said:
I can play some games tonight after 6:30PM PST
Word. See you tonight after 9:30 Eastern/6:30 Pacific!

Smokey said:
I'm not sure. I'll look at my situation when I get home in a few. I made a trade w/ FMT last night and accepted it, but it hasn't shown up as going through on the website...even though I accepted the trade.
Thanks, Smokey.

Others that have made trades...what did you all do for the trade to take effect?
This! :)

Shawnwhann said:
I can play some games tonight after 6:30PM PST
hey, you still wanna trade back? i'll give you back bynum if still want him back.
Smokey said:
i had the same problem too, but then shawn did something and the players we're swapped, maybe he was the one who initiated?

No worries, you can keep the Bynum as I'm just going to hope for a patch.

Regarding trades, I had to accept the trade via the actual game before it went through. Though the trade was made over the internet and everything looked good, the trade showed up in my pending list in the actual game. Yet another bug with this game...

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Shawnwhann said:
No worries, you can keep the Bynum as I'm just going to hope for a patch.

Regarding trades, I had to accept the trade via the actual game before it went through. Though the trade was made over the internet and everything looked good, the trade showed up in my pending list in the actual game. Yet another bug with this game...
Had you offered the trade?

DCX

DCX
Nets, Magic, Rockets and Jazz, i could play a game right now and maybe one tonight after 9pm est.

DCX

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:

Ah okay..that's what I figured.

DCX said:
Meet you online, good luck.

DCX

Can you run after your game with ecnal?

Top Bottom