• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Smokey

Mavericks/Rockets & Cavs/Pistons trades have been approved.

So it looks like you can submit and accept trades through website but an admin needs to accept it through the 360.

DMczaf said:
I can't give up on Rashard after he cost me one game.

I'm backing away from trades for now, I can't throw in the towel just yet!
ok ok, wanna play hardball?
how about hedo and reddick for bibby and richardson?

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any of my week 1 oppoents want to play?

cavs or bulls! stop ducking me truelize!
OK, sorry FMT, but I won't actually be on tonight. I got tickets to see the Mavs and the LeBrons! :)

ecnal

BigAT said:
I'll be getting home from work at 5 PM EST, I can play anytime after that. What's good for you?

I also need to play the 76ers if you will be around tonight Ramirez.

i can play in about an hour if you're around.

ecnal

gg bigat. you almost won with all those intentional fouls @ the end. it was too laggy for me to shoot freethrows :lol

sucks that gametrack doesn't track alley-oops--i would have uploaded some nice alley-oops but i cant.

BigAT

ecnal said:
gg bigat. you almost won with all those intentional fouls @ the end. it was too laggy for me to shoot freethrows :lol

sucks that gametrack doesn't track alley-oops--i would have uploaded some nice alley-oops but i cant.

gg, apparently the role of Ronnie Brewer was played by Lebron James tonight or something. He was doing some ridiculous stuff out there. But it was really just a story of your defense being far superior to my own.

Smokey

ecnal said:

They are there..but they are mislabeled.

A lot of times they are labeled as 3 pt shots but when you click on it it's the alley.

ecnal

Smokey said:
They are there..but they are mislabeled.

A lot of times they are labeled as 3 pt shots but when you click on it it's the alley.

oh, damn. i'll remember that for next time.

Smokey

viakado said:
that reminds me, shouldn't there be a limit in steals?
one of the concerns with cheesing is the amount of steals in a game.

No.

On ball steals are a lot more difficult to pull off this season w/o a foul called. If you're talking about cross court passes that result in tips or something of that nature that's just what happens. They've cut down on a lot of those in traffic passes that you could make last year.

Also:

SATURDAY NOV 8 ALL WEEK 1 GAMES SHOULD BE PLAYED

ecnal

BigAT said:
gg, apparently the role of Ronnie Brewer was played by Lebron James tonight or something. He was doing some ridiculous stuff out there. But it was really just a story of your defense being far superior to my own.

really gg though. toughest game i've had so far.

brewer is pretty ridiculous in 2K9, that's for sure--look at the stats i have with him from previous games:

16pts, 8/13 vs raps
8pts, 4/5 vs knicks
21pts, 10/13 vs hornets
18pts, 8/10 vs magic

brewer is my lebron :lol

Dear Truelize,

when can you destroy me? it doesn't necessarily need to be this second, but can you acknowledge my play requests.... for old times sake! :D

sincerely,

FMT

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So how does this work? Are the first 5 games open to be played or first 4? I want to play some ball but I'm not sure who to message.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Dear Truelize,

when can you destroy me? it doesn't necessarily need to be this second, but can you acknowledge my play requests.... for old times sake! :D

sincerely,

FMT

Why are you not on AIM? I check AIM. I check Xbox live. You are not on either right now. Leaving messages in the forum doesn't always work because my computer is not near my gaming sit down spot.
If you are looking to set up a game I suggest messaging someone through xbox.com from your pc.
I'm just saying.

If you want to play in about 15 minutes (8 mountain time) I'm game. And I haven't played in ages so you have a really good chance of beating me down.

edit: just noticed you are actually on live. My bad. Just gotta eat. See you soon.

Smokey

Truelize said:
So how does this work? Are the first 5 games open to be played or first 4? I want to play some ball but I'm not sure who to message.

Why are you not on AIM? I check AIM. I check Xbox live. You are not on either right now. Leaving messages in the forum doesn't always work because my computer is not near my gaming sit down spot.
If you are looking to set up a game I suggest messaging someone through xbox.com from your pc.
I'm just saying.

If you want to play in about 15 minutes (8 mountain time) I'm game. And I haven't played in ages so you have a really good chance of beating me down.

edit: just noticed you are actually on live. My bad. Just gotta eat. See you soon.

Your first 5 games are available for you to play in any order you'd like.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FMT where are you????

I'm online ready to go. Just like I said I would be. :D

Truelize said:

This is retarded man. I post 3 minutes after you do to say that I can play and you disappear. Oh well. Maybe sometime later this week then.

sorry true, got wrapped up with the gf :(

let me know when you can play this week. i could play tonight but it would be later (9:30 pm pst or so).

cant play tomorrow because ill be out and about due to the election, but the rest of the week if you give me a time i could make it (after 5 pm pst)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Can't play till when? 10:30 my time? That's kinda late. I'm not gonna last that long. Maybe Wednesday night then.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry true, got wrapped up with the gf :(

let me know when you can play this week. i could play tonight but it would be later (9:30 pm pst or so).

cant play tomorrow because ill be out and about due to the election, but the rest of the week if you give me a time i could make it (after 5 pm pst)

cornflakes.jpg

gg Cerius...

Playing both Smokey and Cerrius back to back really showcase the shitty reality I'm facing. Between them both, they averaged over 100 total games played online while I've only played a total of 8 times. And given how much the game doesn't work like it did last year, I have to spend more time getting to know all the little tips and tricks that come with extended play. Thanks M$ for taking away my system for a whole 3 weeks...

Anyways who else wants to beat my ass, free wins all night...

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
gg Cerius...

Playing both Smokey and Cerrius back to back really showcase the shitty reality I'm facing. Between them both, they averaged over 100 total games played online while I've only played a total of 8 times. And given how much the game doesn't work like it did last year, I have to spend more time getting to know all the little tips and tricks that come with extended play. Thanks M$ for taking away my system for a whole 3 weeks...

Anyways who else wants to beat my ass, free wins all night...

oh please!

It's still extremely early in the season. 20 somethin games to go.

viakado said:
ok, i wanna upload a clip. where do i begin?

You have to have your GT linked w/ 2ksports.com first.

1. Save replay you want from gametrack
2. Go to reelmaker under features
3. Load the replay into reelmaker
4. Do whatever kind of fancy smancy things you want to do..when finished press start and go to icon in bottom right hand corner that says save/upload. Click upload to 2ksports.com
5. Go to 2ksports.com and login. Go to view your profile and the video should be there.
6. When you open the video it'll have options on the right for you to attach the file to a league. Under that there's a drop down menu w/ a list of games you've played. Choose game you want to attach file to and you're done.

Smokey said:
oh please!

It's still extremely early in the season. 20 somethin games to go.

You have to have your GT linked w/ 2ksports.com first.

1. Save replay you want from gametrack
2. Go to reelmaker under features
3. Load the replay into reelmaker
4. Do whatever kind of fancy smancy things you want to do..when finished press start and go to icon in bottom right hand corner that says save/upload. Click upload to 2ksports.com
5. Go to 2ksports.com and login. Go to view your profile and the video should be there.
6. When you open the video it'll have options on the right for you to attach the file to a league. Under that there's a drop down menu w/ a list of games you've played. Choose game you want to attach file to and you're done.
thx,
spurs, your last in my week one.

Top Bottom