• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
One question. Is the swiping at the inbounds pass only after you score a basket? As in, the other side of the court. Also, towards the end of the 3rd quarter I sometimes like to start the halfcourt trap defense if I am really far behind. This causes the CPU to start double teaming to force a turnover. Is this against the rules as well?

That double team button is garbage if you are not the one guarding the man with the ball. If you are controlling someone off ball and hitting the button it will bring two players other than yourself to double and then you can just float the passing lanes for steals. 10 outta 10 for garbage moves. If you are the one guarding the ball and you call for help and a computer controlled player comes to double? Not illegal. But if you use the halfcourt trap you will likely break the rules unless you are ALWAYS quickly switching to guard the ball handler.
The point is you can not let the computer guard the ball and then bring your own guy over to help. Not unless you are in the key.

Swiping at any inbound passes. Sideline or after a basket is not allowed.

daw840

Truelize said:
That double team button is garbage if you are not the one guarding the man with the ball. If you are controlling someone off ball and hitting the button it will bring two players other than yourself to double and then you can just float the passing lanes for steals. 10 outta 10 for garbage moves. If you are the one guarding the ball and you call for help and a computer controlled player comes to double? Not illegal. But if you use the halfcourt trap you will likely break the rules unless you are ALWAYS quickly switching to guard the ball handler.
The point is you can not let the computer guard the ball and then bring your own guy over to help. Not unless you are in the key.

Swiping at any inbound passes. Sideline or after a basket is not allowed.

I never use the double team button. Until now I really didn't know there was a button for that:lol

As for the swiping at inbound passes, what about in the 4th quarter in a close game?

edit: I always try to switch to on-ball defense as quickly as possible.

Smokey

Zep said:
damn, me and AB couldn't connect :/ Might be a router problem. Have to check out the NAT settings. We'll get our game in tomorrow nights!

Gonna play CB now.

FMT and I had the same problem for about 30 minutes until he changed his router settings and placed his 360 in the DMZ. After he did that we connected w/ no problems.

Zep

Banned
Crazy 20mins...Me and CB can't finish our game...Then the house directly behind mine catches fire...

Im out there hosing down ambers for 10mins until the fire dept. showed...

AirBrian

Zep said:
Crazy 20mins...Me and CB can't finish our game...Then the house directly behind mine catches fire...

Im out there hosing down ambers for 10mins until the fire dept. showed...
Holy shit. Glad everything's OK now.

Zep

Banned
MOtherfucker...a few ambers caught some leaves and started a mini fire in my backyard. Felt like a man taking that shit out!

But yea, it seems everyone is ok. The girl who lives there goes to college with me. Well, shit to be truthful, she went to every school I have, hahaha.

Smokey

Zep said:
MOtherfucker...a few ambers caught some leaves and started a mini fire in my backyard. Felt like a man taking that shit out!

But yea, it seems everyone is ok. The girl who lives there goes to college with me. Well, shit to be truthful, she went to every school I have, hahaha.

wow glad everything is okay with you.

okay, my cat came to play with me so i sat on the floor and played with him...and i decided to lie down after and couldn't get up

daw840

Just finished my win against Truelize. The stat will show 60 PIP, however 24 of those were second chance. I took a pic with my cellphone just in case.

Anyway, GG True. I thought I was done after the 1st quarter. You killed me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Encal: just so it makes you feel better I got destroyed on the boards tonight in my game against daw840. He had 24 second chance points to my 8 and tons of offensive boards. So it's not just you man.

Smokey

Dunno what else to do about offensive boards. Guess it's just in how the game was designed this year? The difference between the offensive rebound and defensive rebound slider is 30+...yet we're still having issues w/ the tons of offensive boards.

Remember deadline is December 14th.

ecnal

Truelize said:
Encal: just so it makes you feel better I got destroyed on the boards tonight in my game against daw840. He had 24 second chance points to my 8 and tons of offensive boards. So it's not just you man.

oh, i didn't think it was just me.

i was only implying that there's something significantly broken w/ rebounding. some of the teams that are avg'n the most rebounds vs some of the teams avg'n the lowest should be swapped--heat and nuggets #1 and #2 in boards? :lol

you were #15 in boards when i made those posts, now you're #10, tied w/ the bulls, which makes absolutely no sense--you should be much higher, and the bulls should be much lower; especially when you take into account how well people shoot vs the bulls (there shouldn't be many boards). you, smokey, viakado, rap's owner, spur's owner, and myself shouldn't be in the middle of the pack (or near the end) in rebounding--based specifically off of our front line's rebounding stats. it just doesn't make sense.

and to be really specific, smokey should be like #1-5 in rebounding because every team shoots horribly vs him, but, for whatever reason, people beat him up on the offensive boards. and, even though i think it's ridiculous that the heat are #1 in boards, this also applies to cerrius. he's another great player and people shoot poorly vs him, so, naturally, he gets more boards. however; he shouldn't be killing it on the offensive glass.

we need a rebounding support club so we can overcome our destruction on the offensive glass :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
Just to clarify

I had 15 offensive boards to Truelize 10

That's not that huge of a difference

No it's wasn't that off. I was just letting him know that I don't have a team that always win the offensive glass battle.

But 25 offensive rebounds in one game is a lot.

DiddyBop

im pretty sure that it all depends on where the ball bounces and what position the players are in. ive had guys just stand and watch a rebound fly right by them,and this is dude to off reb already being so low. i think if the ball just happens to bounce in your player's direction he will grab the off rebounding,im sure its just one of those things that cant be helped unless you turn off reb down to 0.

yea its annoying when i see my opponent grab 5 off rebs in a row but that happens to me too,daw can attest to that since in our exhibition game there was a stretch where i had about 4 in a row with brian skinner. it doesnt bother me at all since it goes both ways.

just had a nail biter vs. the pistons but i did something fucking STUPID near the end of the game. honestly i deserved to lose for doing this i dont know what i was thinking. the following happened:

74-73 mavs. pistons miss the shot with about 16 seconds left. i get the rebound with kid and run away from the D.... he's clearly trying to foul me and kind of pushes me towards the basket so i say fuck it and try to score.... bad idea. missed shot. now it's a 1 point game still, pistons have the ball with 9 seconds left.

LUCKILY he missed the final shot with hamilton but seriously wtf was i thinking? if i just let him foul me i probably have a 3 point lead and the best he can do is tie. i guess in the heat of the moment you dont use common sense.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just had a nail biter vs. the pistons but i did something fucking STUPID near the end of the game. honestly i deserved to lose for doing this i dont know what i was thinking. the following happened:

74-73 mavs. pistons miss the shot with about 16 seconds left. i get the rebound with kid and run away from the D.... he's clearly trying to foul me and kind of pushes me towards the basket so i say fuck it and try to score.... bad idea. missed shot. now it's a 1 point game still, pistons have the ball with 9 seconds left.

LUCKILY he missed the final shot with hamilton but seriously wtf was i thinking? if i just let him foul me i probably have a 3 point lead and the best he can do is tie. i guess in the heat of the moment you dont use common sense.

Wait, was it a layup or a jumpshot that you attempted?

If it was a layup it still probably wasn't a good idea...but could understand why you'd do it...if it was a JUMPSHOT...then yeah:lol

no it was a layup pretty much at point blank range but rasheed wallace contested the shot and it barely missed.

also, mcgirk was on fire in the first half and then anarchous did something in the settings and pretty much shut him down. i think he changed the pressure to tight. this gave me some layup/paint opportunities but the pistons help D and rotation was too fast to get much out of it. it was pretty tough sledding against the pistons D :(

Top Bottom