• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Time to clean up the garbage!
52.jpg

Wish I played you instead of Duce since the lag would have been better and Jordan would have gotten 500 all purpose yards.

Do over!!

FMT Power Rankings said:
:D

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:
Bargh, we were playing and the servers I guess dropped us both. We were unable to get another game going.

I was able to play another game after you left, so it must have been your conection. Plus it gave me the choice to play against the CPU. Try again tonight?

bluemax

Banned
Love my comment for this weeks rankings. Glad my ugly loss to the Cards didn't drop me too far.

Now if I could ever get Bob to commit to a game!

DCX

DCX
Man...i almost have to run the table..with maybe a loss or two to even make the playoffs...ugh...that game against Shawn was big...i can't believe i have lost just about all my games by like 4-5 points.....something to build on i guess for next season...

DCX

Zep

Banned
DCX said:
Man...i almost have to run the table..with maybe a loss or two to even make the playoffs...ugh...that game against Shawn was big...i can't believe i have lost just about all my games by like 4-5 points.....something to build on i guess for next season...

DCX

next season is gonna be on the PS3.

DCX

DCX
DaddyZ said:
next season is gonna be on the PS3.
Yeah...we tired that once and everyone was begging to have it back on the XBOX...oh wait, "it's all over, sell you XBOX versions "...

DCX

Zep

Banned
DCX said:
Yeah...we tired that once and everyone was begging to have it back on the XBOX...oh wait, "it's all over, sell you XBOX versions "...

DCX

Sorry DCX, the decision has already been made. FMT is selling his 360 after the season.

Wellington said:
How the HELL does Clinton Portis have a 10.1 YPC average?

Guess I will find out on gameday.

I hope you do :)

Rorschach said:
He breaks every tackle known to man and once he turns the corner, he's gone. :p

BTK
1 #32 RB Johnson, Rudi(Cincinnati Bengals) 53
2 #39 RB Jackson, Steven(St. Louis Rams) 41
3 #27 RB Johnson, Larry(Kansas City Chiefs) 41
4 #23 RB Brown, Ronnie(Miami Dolphins) 38
5 #34 RB Jones, Kevin(Detroit Lions) 36

19 #26 RB Portis, Clinton(Washington Redskins) 17

First part wouldn't appear to be the correct answer

i doubt 12 people from the league will even have a ps3. most importantly i won't have a ps3... so subsequent madden seasons are xbox 360 or at the very worst ps2 (which i would be against but wouldn't rule out completely)

Zep

Banned
sableholic said:
I hope you do :)

BTK
1 #32 RB Johnson, Rudi(Cincinnati Bengals) 53
2 #39 RB Jackson, Steven(St. Louis Rams) 41
3 #27 RB Johnson, Larry(Kansas City Chiefs) 41
4 #23 RB Brown, Ronnie(Miami Dolphins) 38
5 #34 RB Jones, Kevin(Detroit Lions) 36

19 #26 RB Portis, Clinton(Washington Redskins) 17

The correct answer is:

Nobody touches him. Portis dont break tackles...!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg mmlemay. That was a lot of offense. Wow.

My luck ran out in the second there. It's too bad too cause I was hoping to keep it close so it was at least fun till the end.
I sure missed a lot of tackles when you ran right. That was sad.

Truelize said:
gg mmlemay. That was a lot of offense. Wow.

My luck ran out in the second there. It's too bad too cause I was hoping to keep it close so it was at least fun till the end.
I sure missed a lot of tackles when you ran right. That was sad.

That was indeed a crazy game. I've never given up so many big plays in a single game, and I can't believe how open Dallas Clark got on your last score of the first half!!! I have to say that the DBs in this game make some stupid ass plays and take horrible angles to make tackles way too often. Burned me on two long touchdown plays.

Anyway, despite the lag (this was my first league game with lag), it was a lot of fun. Hopefully if we play again it won't be in slow motion!!!

Rorschach

sableholic said:
You see, the thing is that those other guys break more tackles because they get more carries and portis just breaks one tackle and no one else can even touch him ;b He's not even in the top 10 for carries.

Zep

Banned
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlay - Bama

Truelize - Canada (western part)

There will always be lag!

Oh and Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlay, you ready for the rematch!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
mmlemay said:
That was indeed a crazy game. I've never given up so many big plays in a single game, and I can't believe how open Dallas Clark got on your last score of the first half!!! I have to say that the DBs in this game make some stupid ass plays and take horrible angles to make tackles way too often. Burned me on two long touchdown plays.

Anyway, despite the lag (this was my first league game with lag), it was a lot of fun. Hopefully if we play again it won't be in slow motion!!!

Haha. I had very little lag. That's why I was able to compete. Sweetness :lol

7 broken tackles man. Wow. That was just ridiculous.
That last pass of the half was pretty sweet. 22 seconds of love.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
true ... whenever u want man

Why are 3 weeks able to be entered?? Whoever i have to play , let me know.. I am out of town all week leaving tomorrow afternoon

DaddyZ said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlay - Bama

Truelize - Canada (western part)

There will always be lag!

Oh and Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlay, you ready for the rematch!

I guess I could play right now if you're game...otherwise it's this weekend...

LiveWire

CK: Just pretend you're the Titans D. You'll beat Sableholic easily.

Also, I could run faster than Reuben Droughns. Thankfully after I finish at the bottom of the rankings the Redskins will be mine for Season 2! And then I will show why I can do a better job with that talent than that overrated turd Al Saunders can.

LiveWire said:
CK: Just pretend you're the Titans D. You'll beat Sableholic easily.

Also, I could run faster than Reuben Droughns. Thankfully after I finish at the bottom of the rankings the Redskins will be mine for Season 2! And then I will show why I can do a better job with that talent than that overrated turd Al Saunders can.

Don't remind me please. I plan on taking out the frustration in the game. Embarassing.

Rorschach said:
You see, the thing is that those other guys break more tackles because they get more carries and portis just breaks one tackle and no one else can even touch him ;b He's not even in the top 10 for carries.

Its true hes not in the top 10 in carries, but if you do the average break tackles per rush you get this:

Rudi Johnson 53BTK/135RA = .4
Clinton Portis = 17 BTK/121 RA = .14

So I'm still breaking less tackles then at least one running back, I'm sure most running backs will be higher than .14. It takes me about 7 runs to break one tackle and rudi about 2 runs to break one tackle.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I'd put a " ;) " here, but I can't seem to get past the Goalline incident...

Huh? You had 200 total yards of offense and 62 of 'em were on a run that I blitzed and brought everyone up. Once SA got to the second layer he was gizone. :(

sableholic said:
Don't remind me please. I plan on taking out the frustration in the game. Embarassing.

Please don't hurt me. :(

I'm around tonight if you want to play. Same goes for Matrix, I want to get these in before leaving so as not to hold up the league.

Wellington said:
Huh? You had 200 total yards of offense and 62 of 'em were on a run that I blitzed and brought everyone up. Once SA got to the second layer he was gizone. :(

Please don't hurt me. :(

I'm around tonight if you want to play. Same goes for Matrix, I want to get these in before leaving so as not to hold up the league.

Ok just send me a IM sometime tonight, I couldn't find your screenname.

DCX

DCX
Anybody on my schedule for the next couple of games, let me know. DM, BlueMax and Ianwoody...let me know, i can early morning, latenight est. After 11:15pm.

Gamertag: DCX gaf
AIM: DreamcastKC

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
true ... whenever u want man

Why are 3 weeks able to be entered?? Whoever i have to play , let me know.. I am out of town all week leaving tomorrow afternoon

Can you play Tuesday? I'm pretty busy today at home and my wife is coming back today (been gone for 10 days), so I don't think she would appreciate being bumped for games tonight. :)

Truelize said:
Can you play Tuesday? I'm pretty busy today at home and my wife is coming back today (been gone for 10 days), so I don't think she would appreciate being bumped for games tonight. :)

Isn't live down tommorow?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CK if Fmt opens the week for us to write down stats ill be happy to lose to you tonight sometime.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ck im playing a quick game of 2k7 with True,if you're around ill play ya after.

no problem fmt.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i opened up 3 weeks so CK could play. if you want to play feel free to play. however, do not enter the final score (leave it blank). that is all i ask!

Should we hold off on stats as well? Haven't played CK, but just wondering.

Matrix

Ck im on aim and can play now if you want.

FMT can give you a free win instead if you want :p No chance in hell ill beat you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well guys Dad is in ICU on a respirator, so I will be more indisposed. I`ll leave my on hold games to u guys. Laters PS i hate PSP typing

Top Bottom