• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I have no clue where ck is and xbox live is down tomorrow.

Does anyone know why he has to get these games done? I havent been keeping up with stuff.

Good game Wellington, well played. I couldn't stop that stupid Shockey out pattern the whole game. I dont get why you kicked it to El the whole game, one of the times you had to know that would happen. And did we find a bug in the game with the end of the first half? I thought the clock would stop.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That was the WORST way to lose. I couldn't stop the rollout & pass (Konex style) so I had to go for it on fourth and inches at the 21 with 41 secs left in the game instead of kicking the FG (in my mind at least). Stupid me I didn't allow the shift before snapping and you know how when you are caught midshift on D they get a big push.

I am so pissed about this game. The stupid spinning, the rollouts, the clock not stopping at the end of the half when I got knocked OB with 5 seconds left. The injury on my team on the last drive giving sable an extra time out. Ugh.

I will steamroll my division from here on out. Martyball takes over Moochball.

Wellington said:
That was the WORST way to lose. I couldn't stop the rollout & pass (Konex style) so I had to go for it on fourth and inches at the 21 with 41 secs left in the game instead of kicking the FG (in my mind at least). Stupid me I didn't allow the shift before snapping and you know how when you are caught midshift on D they get a big push.

I am so pissed about this game. The stupid spinning, the rollouts, the clock not stopping at the end of the half when I got knocked OB with 5 seconds left. The injury on my team on the last drive giving sable an extra time out. Ugh.

I will steamroll my division from here on out. Martyball takes over Moochball.

I threw 10 times, of which i rolled out only 2 -4 times and only when pressured by strahan or osi. I didn't have a passing td and the longest pass I threw was to portis for 26 yards because he was wide open. Half of my passes I didnt complete, and two of the rollouts I hit portis. One of the "rollouts" was when your lineman was chasing me and i threw it away, but I guess thats cheap next time I'll give you the sack.

I can't believe your complaining about this. You got portis to fumble twice, had 2 chances at fgs, went for it twice on 4th and 1 to try and make sure I didnt get the ball back. Have you ever seen Brunell play? Hes not Bledsoe in the sense that he won't just stand there Stonewall Jackson style. I have never seen anyone complain about a 5-10, 86 yard performance before.

Thankfully I stopped you the last time and then OT happened. I have never seen anybody continously kickoff to el, its like asking for a td. The spinning? sorry I just will not press any buttons next time and just run. I spin once to juke out a kicker and that pisses you off?

On a side note, how come when I switched the package to spell HB it didn't take out Portis and put in Betts? that caused one fumble. I didnt even realize he was in. Another time I had to audible out of a rushing play cause I noticed he was still in.

Come on man. I come on to say gg and here you are complaining about something silly. You lost the game all by yourself. I don't think I know many coaches in the NFL who would not kick the go ahead field goal with 50 seconds or so left and the other team with no timeouts. And it wasn't a long fg thats for sure. I understand your mad, but I played fair.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I admit that it was my game to lose, and I somehow did. But cmon, running away from Osi and Strahan? They attack from the outside, you wouldn't be able to rollout.

It was a finely played game on your part, though.

Wellington said:
I admit that it was my game to lose, and I somehow did. But cmon, running away from Osi and Strahan? They attack from the outside, you wouldn't be able to rollout.

It was a finely played game on your part, though.

likewise I'm glad we discussed it further after you had calmed down. I look forward to playing you again. One of the most exciting games I've played this whole year. Also I forgot to comment on it, but yea it was insane how your dude got injured right on that last driving saving me a timeout. I kept hitting select and it was like "offense calls a timeout" I was like huh.

Rorschach

Thanks for playing our game tonight, Konex. Tomorrow XBL is down and Wednesday I'm busy.

Wellington said:
That was the WORST way to lose. I couldn't stop the rollout & pass (Konex style)
Speaking of which...our game was 100% horseshit, Konex. I'm sorry, I like you, but that game was 2 parts horse and 3 parts shit. Nevermind the horrible lag, but the way you play is just unadulterated caca. You were playing a straight up game at first, but then you saw that wasn't working besides the lucky opening TD where the tackles didn't register because of the lag and bell broke for 75+ yards, so you started cheesing it up.

Btw- those that were wondering if you can bank a pass off the goal post, yeah, it's possible.

Rorschach said:
Btw- those that were wondering if you can bank a pass off the goal post, yeah, it's possible.

I knew it. My new goal.

Also FMT we weren't supposed to enter final scores right? I edited back out me and Wellington's final score, but just making sure u were referring to those games specifically.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Roster Update #2 is up, too bad XBL is down :lol

Not like it matters, with the atrocious lag in the 360 version the experience is ruined online anyway. Might as well wait till Madden 08 when Tiburon fixes online. Hopefully....

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Not like it matters, with the atrocious lag in the 360 version the experience is ruined online anyway. Might as well wait till Madden 08 when Tiburon fixes online. Hopefully....
Or Madden PS3 with new better graphics, new physics engine, gang tackling, spectator mode, and the return of everything the 360 version stripped! GOTY!!

:(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Roster Update #2 is up, too bad XBL is down :lol

Sweet my team gets worse! awesome.

Notable Rating Updates for Roster Update #2:

WR
UP
Mike Furrey
Lav Coles - CTH ++
Andre Johnson - CTH/AWR +
Reggie Williams
Marques Colston
Amani Toomer
Wes Welker
S Moss - SPD +
Braylon Edwards
Muhammad - CTH, STR
Jericho Cotchery
Antonio Bryant
Bernard Berrian - SPD ++, CTH, ELU
Greg Jennings - ELU, SPD
Troy Williamson - CTH, AWR
Terry Glenn
Chris Henry - JMP
Roscoe Parrish - CTH
Drew Carter - slightly
Rashied Davis
Hoosh
Javon Walker - Slight
Donald Driver - Slight
Nate Washington
Isaac Bruce

DOWN
Roddy White
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Chris Chambers
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Deion Branch - slight
Nate Burleson -slight
Kevin Curtis
Marty Booker catch, Jenkins catch, Reggie Brown catch

QB
UP
Damon Huard - bump up AWR,THA
David Carr
McNabb
Grossman
Pennington
Alex Smith - Stronger Arm
Charlie Frye - bump up SPD, CAR, BTK
Losman - THA
Bulger - just a bit
Charlie Batch - slightly
QB Up: Brunell (THP and THA)

DOWN
Culpepper
Warner - CAR way down
Chris Simms - INJ way down, OVR down, AWR low
Kerry Collins - THA down
Jake Plummer
Aaron Brooks
Ben Roethlisberger

HB
UP
MCGahee
Frank Gore – except CAR (that goes down)
Chester Taylor - more elusive, less power
Maroney ++, STIFF ARM
Ladell Betts
Michael Turner
Jerious Norwood
Maurice Jones- Drew - elite ELU, good power, BTK
Rudi Johnson - slight
Joseph Addai
Willie Parker -slightly
Michael Robinson - TRU
Mack Strong (FB) - make faster, better RB skills
Steven Jackson
Kevin Jones catch
Vernon Morency (100 yds vs philly)

DOWN
Alexander - less explosive
Lamont Jordan - just a bit
Reggie Bush - less power
Cedric Benson
Caddy Williams
Frank Gore
Barlow
Correll Buckalter- Carry way down
Kevin Jones- Carry down
Larry Johnson- overall needs to come down a notch

OL
UP
Atlanta
San Fran Run block and pass block slightly up

DOWN
Tampa Bay
Oakland - Gallery down
Miami (pass blocking and awareness in general for all of them), Arizona (pass blocking down and Run block down for all of them)

TE
UP
Kellen Winslow
Desmond Clark
Daniel Wilcox
Owen Daniels
Bryan Fletcher
John Gilmore
George Wrighster
Bo Scaife
Heath Miller speed

DOWN
Randy McMichael
Jason Witten
Ben Troupe
Chris Cooley
Crumpler catch,
Bubba Franks awareness,
Todd Heap injury,
Shockey injury TE

K
UP
Robbie Gould
Wilkins accuracy

DOWN
Mike Vanderjagt- accuracy

LB
UP
Bart Scott - PWR, FIN Moves
Shawn Merriman - 95+
DeMeco Ryans - TAK
Angelo Crowell - TAK, CTH
Ernie Sims
Gerald Hayes - TAK
Dqwell Jackson - TAK
Ian Gold - TAK
Gary Brackett - TAK
Channing Crowder - TAK
Scott Shanle - TAK, AWR
Scott Fujita - TAK, AWR
Jon Vilma - TAK
Matt MCCoy
Lemar Marshall

DE
UP
Trent Cole - Fin MOves
Mark Anderson - Bears
Will Smith - SPD
Charles Grant
Julius Peppers
Aaron Kampman
Robert Mathis
Tamba Hali
Alex Brown up

DOWN
Mario Williams
Dwight Freeney
KGB speed down

DT
UP
Tommie Harris
Brian Young

CB
UP
Rashean Mathis
DeAngelo Hall - CTH, ELU
Antrel Rolle - TAK, STR
Leigh Bodden
Lewis Sanders - TAK
Dunta Robinson - TAK
Ricky Manning Jr

DOWN
Ahmad Carroll
All Dolphin and Texan CB's in the zone cov rating only

S
UP
Adrian Wilson
Donte Whitner
Sean Jones
Pat Watkins
Roman Harper
Kerry Rhodes - Finesse moves
Chris Hope - TAK

Got that from this document http://www.easports.com/editorial/sports/madden07/MADDEN_ROSTER_UPDATE_2.doc

Rorschach

Yeah, and like I needed Moss dropping even more catches. :( Dude dropped 2 TD passes my last game. Had to settle for FGs. So, my run game, passing, defensive line, and oline are downgraded...sux! I won't be able to do anything now. :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
Yeah, and like I needed Moss dropping even more catches. :( Dude dropped 2 TD passes my last game. Had to settle for FGs. So, my run game, passing, defensive line, and oline are downgraded...sux! I won't be able to do anything now. :lol

That's how it should be, you have the worst team in the NFL with the worst QB... Period.

DMczaf

****! They didn't touch Gradkowski, this is BS! 4 TDs and 1 INT! Now I gotta hope he doesn't screw up from here til Roster Update #3 :\

DMczaf said:
****! They didn't touch Gradkowski, this is BS! 4 TDs and 1 INT! Now I gotta hope he doesn't screw up from here til Roster Update #3 :\

I believe this only covered up till week 4? Only explanation I got. Just looking at that factor and the fact that Brunell went up. Not sure though.

bosevan

JuanMR2,

Hey dude I can't seem to get in touch with you. I can play the next few nights so just let me know when you are available via AIM if possible.

AIM: bonsevan77
XL: farnsworth165

Hey French, it's looking like it will be a late game for me tonight. I'll be getting intoxicated from 7PM-8:30PM. How about tentatively scheduling for 9:30 tonight? :D

can i get a report on the niners offense? have they FINALLY upgraded alex? come on man we are top 10 in offense and alex is top 10 in QB rating and his cone is like a ****ing needle. give me something to work with EA you dicks

FrenchMovieTheme said:
can i get a report on the niners offense? have they FINALLY upgraded alex? come on man we are top 10 in offense and alex is top 10 in QB rating and his cone is like a ****ing needle. give me something to work with EA you dicks

Read my post on the previous page for a breakdown of the notable rating changes. Just glanced at it quickly and
Alex Smith - Stronger Arm

The rest is on the last page.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Oh okay I get it, you gonna ignore me like a jealous woman huh? Answer me dognabit or I will devote my entire evening to drinking!!

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Pft, where's the freaking Philip Rivers upgrade! Rivers is the new Dan Fouts (only famous SD QB I could think of) out there! The way he's shredding teams up he needs an upgrade total!

Rorschach

vumpler said:
That's how it should be, you have the worst team in the NFL with the worst QB... Period.
No. Just because Brooks is shit doesn't mean that the rest of the team is shit. It doesn't mean Moss and the other rec corps are all of a sudden shit.

Fargas has a 17.5+ YPC average on 90 carries going into the last game and no fumbles in the last 2 years and only 1 in the last 3. His speed is amazing, too. Yet, here they have him rated real low, he doesn't have the speed he should, and he's a constant fumbler. Hell, Brooks isn't even supposed to be the QB right now. This update is wrong on a lot of levels.

DCX

DCX
Ok laddies, i'm home and ready to get a game or two in...it's been to long!
- DM
- Bluemax
- ianswoody

Hit me up for a game NOW!! :D

DCX

DCX

DCX
well, i can't get online with my 360 so unless it comes on within a half hour to an hour, i guess it's a no go tonight...

DCX

DCX

DCX
I'm online now...well as of this post...who knows what the future hold lol, so i could get those games in with DM and Bluemax tonight, same time.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
tired of this hospital.

also, this place needs more drama, lets get on the ball, guys!

PS: is branch on the seahawks yet?

Top Bottom