• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
hgplayer1 said:
u have gunstar in week 10 and lonestar in week 12

Thanks.

Gun,when you want to destroy me?

I'm borderline dropping out of this league...

The lag in this game is just too damn unpredicatable and crippling sometimes to regularly enjoy this game at all. I lost a tough game to Aka where he scored all of his points on big plays with scores from 46,71,74, 98, and 34 from consistent mistiming on defense all game long. He got three first downs all game long compared to my 15 which proves my point a bit. Aka has skills, but I can't play defense at all when the game is so horrible with the lag. I'll sleep on it FMT, but right now I want to pass my team on to someone else.

horrible with the lag

which is why i told you *I* would play as the bills, or to find someone who was on the west coast. you were trying to tip toe around me and not play me again and you lost anyways. you have no one to blame but yourself for losing to the bills. i know the lag sucks, but he had to play with lag too. it's not like you were playing with lag and he wasn't.

again i advise, if you are having horrible lag with a fill-in or anyone, tell me and i will change your opponent. i can't fix things if you don't tell me though

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
tried to contact you all, but got no answer from AzGreg, and true is working... Zep let me know whats going on also...

Zep

Banned
Malleymal said:
tried to contact you all, but got no answer from AzGreg, and true is working... Zep let me know whats going on also...

I came home this morning...so the earliest I could play is tomarrow night.

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
I'm borderline dropping out of this league...

The lag in this game is just too damn unpredicatable and crippling sometimes to regularly enjoy this game at all. I lost a tough game to Aka where he scored all of his points on big plays with scores from 46,71,74, 98, and 34 from consistent mistiming on defense all game long. He got three first downs all game long compared to my 15 which proves my point a bit. Aka has skills, but I can't play defense at all when the game is so horrible with the lag. I'll sleep on it FMT, but right now I want to pass my team on to someone else.

You know the lag with opposite coasts is horrible, so why'd you try playing him? I had AZgreg on my schedule and got it changed to an east opponent...problem solved for both players.

Rorschach

DaddyZ said:
You know the lag with opposite coasts is horrible, so why'd you try playing him? I had AZgreg on my schedule and got it changed to an east opponent...problem solved for both players.
Put in a good word for changing your game against me too. I'm even further west than AZGreg. :D

Fifty

Alright, I think it's time for me to post in this thread. No one's talked to me until DaddyZ 5 mins ago, so I'm not expecting people to really care...but better to say it than just rot away.

As my record states, I've only played 4 games..and I was/am a co-commish! Unless real life took complete control of me and I had literally no time to play, I'd expect to be called a flake..but considering how bad the servers have been, I haven't felt that guilty. Some apology huh?

Basically after I played 4 games the servers started just giving me too much shit. It was like having anal sex with a Christian girl...everything had to be just perfect for it to happen, and even then it was painful for at least one of you.

I had server issues with too many people, and then NBA 2K7 hit..which started taking up all my gaming time. Until recently it was flawless online, and that made me never want to play Madden online again. Aside from games against 2-3 people, every Madden game was pretty damn shitty online.

FMT deserves better than their godawful servers. We all deserve better. I got fed up sooner than anyone else, and kudos to those who are still putting up with their bullshit. I just got sick of it.

Rorschach

Sick of 2k's bullshit yet? At least EA kept us updated on the patch and the rosters...even though it took a while. 2K doesn't even acknowledge the problems. On the other hand, I've only had 1 really laggy game (against fifty) in 2k and one kinda laggy (against fmt). The rest were silky smooth even against EST peeps. I get the feeling that league is going to be ruined by this, though.

I can't believe so many people are bailing out on this league. :(

Fifty

p.s: I haven't been contacted by more than one of my opponents! I'm only a half flake! Only half! I'm calling my lawyer. Seriously..this game feels like a chore when you're met with so much resistance lag-wise. If I only played people in Toronto I'd be fine, but that's not the case. I don't want to drive the final nail in the league's coffin. If people did want to play their games against me I'd certainly give it a try.

don't worry brothers, we will finish this season out! only 4 or 5 more weeks for most of us. then the playoffs. try to enjoy yourselves! if there is a laggy opponent tell me, i will fix it

This game sucks. It really does. There is no way that Ronnie fumbles with 15 seconds left on the clock when I'm trying to get to overtime. No way at all. I'm sick of the damn game deciding who wins and loses in close games.

This game sucks. It really does. There is no way that Ronnie fumbles with 15 seconds left on the clock when I'm trying to get to overtime. No way at all. I'm sick of the damn game deciding who wins and loses in close games.

also no way that frank gore fumbles on the 1 ****ing yard line in consecutive weeks going in for a TD. no way does phillip rivers fumble and the ball is sitting right in front of bryant young but he doesn't pick it up. no way does vernon davis drop TD passes in consecutive weeks b/c he tries to catch it with 1 hand. no way does kwame harris simply "not block" the outside rusher resulting in a sack on 3rd down when there was a man wide open.

p.s. none of the above happened in the game. they happened in real life. ronnie brown has had a hell of a season in league play, just happened to cough it up once at a crucial time. shit happens!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
The people I need to play... I can play... Lets make this happen, Zep and True, let me know and AZ greg, if its gonna be laggy, I will play someone else..

MaestroRyan said:
FMT, update the friggin player of the week awards! zep has my player stats, but mewelde moore had 2 KRs for TDs! count in, bitch!

also, i am going to go ahead and have my friend fill in for lonestar as the seahawks

I don't believe we are allowed to have friends fill in. Especially one not in the league, but I could be wrong. I do also have to play Lonestar, so I wonder what I should be doing. I was going to wait till after the weekend and see if things have started looking up for him.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sableholic said:
I don't believe we are allowed to have friends fill in. Especially one not in the league, but I could be wrong. I do also have to play Lonestar, so I wonder what I should be doing. I was going to wait till after the weekend and see if things have started looking up for him.

I will fil in for lone , let me know when you want to play

Same for you T wack future

FMT, update the friggin player of the week awards! zep has my player stats, but mewelde moore had 2 KRs for TDs! count in, bitch!

can't win player of the week if you don't win your game

p.s. please don't play against friends. nothing good can come of it (as evidence by vumpler playing his buddy and throwing for a gajillion yards)

Lonestar said:
I'm also back for a few days, till sometime into the week.

Just let me know whenever you can play. I'm in no hurry given the Skins game is on today and you have a lot more important things going on. I'll wait for whenever you can play. That said anytime after the skins game today I can play, but its probably best if you picked some day/time you could play and I'll try and meet up at that time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
After this round of games would be ok today. Skins is on, so are the Seahawks. Plus, I'm going to go grab a bite to eat soon.

hgplayer1

sableholic said:
Hgplayer, I'm free to play our game today anytime before the skins game at 4.

sorry ive had company and been watching football all day. Im pretty sure I can play after the Redskins lose so just look for me on AIM.

hgplayer1 said:
sorry ive had company and been watching football all day. Im pretty sure I can play after the Redskins lose so just look for me on AIM.

Your not on aim right now, but depending on how far out of hand this game gets I might be able to play early that goes for you too lonestar. whoevers on I guess.

hgplayer1

sableholic said:
Your not on aim right now, but depending on how far out of hand this game gets I might be able to play early that goes for you too lonestar. whoevers on I guess.

sorry Im on AIM now. just msg me.

Lonestar

wow, 1st game back, and there's no lag! And I also won, mainly because I managed to hold Portis to 29 yards on 13 carries! That's a strong feat to do in my book!

Zep

Banned
Lonestar said:
wow, 1st game back, and there's no lag! And I also won, mainly because I managed to hold Portis to 29 yards on 13 carries! That's a strong feat to do in my book!

Thanks bud! Needed some breathing room in that division! To bad we dont play this year...you always play me to the end*

but dont win :)

Lonestar

Sable, I pm'ed your player stats to you, but I will keep a notepad copy of it in case you can't use that.

DaddyZ said:
Thanks bud! Needed some breathing room in that division! To bad we dont play this year...you always play me to the end*

but dont win :)

Just you wait, now i'm even more motivated for our game

Lonestar

that INT at the goal line was nice, I got lucky to stop your passing game enough to pull out a win.

JuanMR2

My 360 is toast....again!! Just had it replaced aug 30th. Anyway, I should be able to get it replaced Monday evening at EB or GS, so I'll have my matches played by Monday evening or Tuesday.

Lonestar said:
that INT at the goal line was nice, I got lucky to stop your passing game enough to pull out a win.

Yea I thought your ints were kinda crazy. The first one killed all momemtum I had. I was driving after my first score and then bam I underthrow the wr and the LB actually catches a int. Why can't mine do that? Thats the first two ints I've thrown all season. I can't win games like that. It was stopping my running game that got ya the win. 26 for 13 wow. I'm embarrased.

Also lonestar I took out the final score till the week advances cause FMT wants it that way. I'll put it back in once it advances. Also thanks for doing the stats for me. Just entered em in.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So everyone is quitting this league now for the PS2 league that is gonna happen?

I cannot believe that people could handle playing a sports game online with their PS2. Sure this version has some huge issues. But that is like going from dating the hottest chick at school to the ugliest and fattest.

My eyes would burn up playing a PS2 sports game.

DMczaf

*sigh* no one is quitting the league. The PS2 thing is a "just in case" deal AFTER this season is over. Don't pay attention to the flakes!! FINISH THE SEASON!

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
So everyone is quitting this league now for the PS2 league that is gonna happen?

I cannot believe that people could handle playing a sports game online with their PS2. Sure this version has some huge issues. But that is like going from dating the hottest chick at school to the ugliest and fattest.

My eyes would burn up playing a PS2 sports game.
Preach on brother Falcon fan....preach on

DCX

Top Bottom