• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

This is why I'm sticking to multi right now. I've put too much time into the story to have it all fall apart at the end.

I told you! Now you have some time for Tales of Graces F!

Luke linked me this yesterday, how many of you are doing it?!

http://www.madden-school.com/forum/madden-defensive-strategy/22559-easy-4-3-stack-heat.html

Aside from him and Wellie, of course. :p

What a fucking joke. I would like to think people arn't doing this, but I guess the league will drive you to do crazy things (DCXgate). Fuck the people who use this stuff. Its a sim league for fun. The only time most of us ever get to play constant competitive games with people we generally like. Don't take advantage of it

Mrbob

I'm not sure yet if I'll be home tonight. I'll let you know sometime this afternoon. If I am home 8PM PCT is fine.

I told you! Now you have some time for Tales of Graces F!

It is in my possession. Still in shrink wrap though! I can't believe I actually own a Tales game. Shamed for life. :/

Rorschach

That you guys are even looking for this stuff makes me so much less interested in the league.

I hated that part about the league. Thankfully, it was only a couple of people, but then they would post it and spread it. Even if no one actually did it, there would be suspicion of the other guy or fear that the opponent might think that you're doing it... it was just awkward.

LiveWire

What a fucking joke. I would like to think people arn't doing this, but I guess the league will drive you to do crazy things (DCXgate). Fuck the people who use this stuff. Its a sim league for fun. The only time most of us ever get to play constant competitive games with people we generally like. Don't take advantage of it

And don't forget, when you lose, it's because you suck and don't know how to play QB/RB/DB/LB.

LukeSmith

I like Ramirez linking that totally out of context.

Bare minimum, now any of you who run a 4-3 can try and keep a Bengal End from being MVP 3 years in a row.

Madden 13, year of the Safety

Ramirez

I like Ramirez linking that totally out of context.

Bare minimum, now any of you who run a 4-3 can try and keep a Bengal End from being MVP 3 years in a row.

Madden 13, year of the Safety

I was gonna keep it to myself, but you had to rub salt in the wound!

Maybe this will be the push for no manual DL play...if FMT had any balls. Although, I guess the cpu could do it just as easy...

Manual D-Line play is fine...like using the right stick to try and swim/power past a defender is a little game in itself and that's cool. But I shouldn't have to add an extra blocker and lose a receiver because my right tackle has chosen to be a turnstile because they decided to shift their line and crash right. Re-wiring the way the AI thinks so they basically ignore their assignment unless you add an extra blocker is stupid.

Mrbob

So salty. You called an empty wide shotgun formation with no extra blocking help in the backfield! Stop dropping back and throw the ball!

LukeSmith

I was gonna keep it to myself, but you had to rub salt in the wound!

Maybe this will be the push for no manual DL play...if FMT had any balls. Although, I guess the cpu could do it just as easy...

You should've linked the 3 sacks you took on 23-step drops with the ageless Dwight Freeney fighting through double teams, and the fourth unshown sack being a shitty LB not falling for PA Rollout.

For your whining tho, it made more sense to show the one play where you got hit by an untouched End in Cover Minus 1!

Ramirez

You should've linked the 3 sacks you took on 23-step drops, and the fourth unshown sack being a shitty LB not falling for PA Rollout.

For your whining tho, it made more sense to show the one play where you got hit by an untouched End in Cover Minus 1!

The others had no replay. Abusing the broken AI even once is too many for me. You had constant pressure on me all game. You & Wellie always do, it's not like I'm the only one that has experienced it.

I mean the real problem here is, you link me this site, showing how easy it is to generate pressure, and then want me to believe that you're no using it yourself. You've done so many break downs on what Wellie does, and how he does it, how else could you know so well if you weren't doing it yourself? lol

LukeSmith

The others had no replay. Abusing the broken AI even once is too many for me. You had constant pressure on me all game. You & Wellie always do, it's not like I'm the only one that has experienced it.

I've actually never felt the fantasy pressure everyone feels when they play Wellie. I think any time he's sacked me it's because I held on to the ball for too long.

The only abuse in that play is what Eli took for trying to be a big man in the house Peyton built

"Never mind the fact that I like using this cheap trick on occasion, let me point out when I was trying to play legit before throwing you off with an untouched DE!"

LiveWire

I've actually never felt the fantasy pressure everyone feels when they play Wellie. I think any time he's sacked me it's because I held on to the ball for too long.

The only abuse in that play is what Eli took for trying to be a big man in the house Peyton built

In my short almost 2 quarters of play (before my Comcast internet dropped, those motherfuckers!) against Wellie's Bengals last season, I did not see anything out of the ordinary with his DL play. The most pressure I noticed in any game for 4 seasons? Steelers. Why? Manual LB positioning in gaps. Totally fucks the OL AI. Even pinching the OL doesn't stop it as often as it should, the LB almost always shoots right through the line.

LukeSmith

I mean the real problem here is, you link me this site, showing how easy it is to generate pressure, and then want me to believe that you're no using it yourself. You've done so many break downs on what Wellie does, and how he does it, how else could you know so well if you weren't doing it yourself? lol

The Wellie "breakdown" was giving people who have a problem with it a look at what he could be doing. The sack numbers are astronomical. Even if he told me exactly what he did, I wouldn't post it here. It's his competitive advantage for you (league) to solve.

But when there are statistical outliers, I am totally going to google it to see if there's some gamebreaking thing happening.

All this from the guy who complained for 3 weeks about Peyton Manning scrambling on him.

Most of the people in the league don't adapt and are then surprised when Wellie sacks them for the 8th time.

You're surprised you got sacked on a play you were in empty gun and six guys rushed you, a free safety was in Single high zone and one of your guys was completely uncovered.

Guess how many blockers you had from Empty gun? 5.

There was going to be a free runner. But go on.

"Never mind the fact that I like using this cheap trick on occasion, let me point out when I was trying to play legit before throwing you off with an untouched DE!"

Dog-with-a-newspaper---4.jpg

Mrbob

Ihe most pressure I noticed in any game for 4 seasons? Steelers. Why? Manual LB positioning in gaps. Totally fucks the OL AI. Even pinching the OL doesn't stop it as often as it should, the LB almost always shoots right through the line.

A new twist in this saga!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I never did either until our most recent game. BUT, I feel it was due to very effective press coverage on his part, for which I assume he assembled a secondary specifically.

LukeSmith

I never did either until our most recent game. BUT, I feel it was due to very effective press coverage on his part, for which I assume he assembled a secondary specifically.

Yep, that's always been Wellie's bag. Press + Pressure. You just need to give yourself safety valves to get rid of the ball.

bluemax

Banned
I don't bother looking up exploits because I have enough trouble executing the basic shit. I think once I watched a video on a money route from the Saints play book and it required like 10 pre snap adjustments, at which point I was like "Fuck it".

Yep, that's always been Wellie's bag. Press + Pressure. You just need to give yourself safety valves to get rid of the ball.

Essentially when playing Wellie you have to game plan like you're playing as Bumfuck St vs Alabama on Heisman difficulty. Don't bother trying to run or throw deep, just dump it short and hope for the best!

Ramirez

In my short almost 2 quarters of play (before my Comcast internet dropped, those motherfuckers!) against Wellie's Bengals last season, I did not see anything out of the ordinary with his DL play. The most pressure I noticed in any game for 4 seasons? Steelers. Why? Manual LB positioning in gaps. Totally fucks the OL AI. Even pinching the OL doesn't stop it as often as it should, the LB almost always shoots right through the line.

I got 2 sacks on you, one from a MLB, and another from OLB...lol. If you're talking about on running plays, any of the good players in the league do this. FMT & DM are much better at it than me.

LiveWire

A new twist in this saga!

It's really also an issue with the speed boost that defenders get when manually controlled. Even if you do not try to shoot the gap, and just run parallel to the line of scrimmage, what ends up happening is the animation from snap->QB->handoff or end-of-3-step-drop is so slow compared to the defender, that you can literally just run around the OT and get into the backfield just as the running back gets full control of the ball and the offensive player gets control of him. The right stick glitch allowed you to cancel out of the 3 step-drop animation and immediately get into a position that enabled you to throw or scramble. But for handoffs, you're fucked most of the time unless you're lucky. It's what makes tosses/counters/stretch runs less effective (unless you run it out of twins, lulz). Top to bottom, it just seems like Tiburon is band-aid fixing core issues with the game since '08.

Ramirez

It's really also an issue with the speed boost that defenders get when manually controlled. Even if you do not try to shoot the gap, and just run parallel to the line of scrimmage, what ends up happening is the animation from snap->QB->handoff or end-of-3-step-drop is so slow compared to the defender, that you can literally just run around the OT and get into the backfield just as the running back gets full control of the ball and the offensive player gets control of him. The right stick glitch allowed you to cancel out of the 3 step-drop animation and immediately get into a position that enabled you to throw or scramble. But for handoffs, you're fucked most of the time unless you're lucky. It's what makes tosses/counters/stretch runs less effective (unless you run it out of twins, lulz). Top to bottom, it just seems like Tiburon is band-aid fixing core issues with the game since '08.

So you're talking about on run plays? Pretty much anyone who plays manual LB/S can blow up running plays on a consistent basis. My pressure on passing plays is probably some of the worst in the league. I couldn't get the website to work for the other seasons, but for season 1 I had 17 sacks, the only person below that was Bob with 15, lol. Wellie had one guy that had more sacks than my entire team!

Nightz

Essentially when playing Wellie you have to game plan like you're playing as Bumfuck St vs Alabama on Heisman difficulty. Don't bother trying to run or throw deep, just dump it short and hope for the best!

I ended up doing this in our game. Worked for me!

bluemax

Banned
This is a bizarro season start, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons, Browns, Titans and Chiefs all in first in their divisions.

I'm the only one in the NFC West with a positive point differential so far o_O

Toscano already has 1000 yards passing, damn son.

This is a bizarro season start, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons, Browns, Titans and Chiefs all in first in their divisions.

I'm the only one in the NFC West with a positive point differential so far o_O

Yeah but I'm tied for first, even if I beat Wellie today there's another 3-0 team and if Smokey beats Jacksonville (GO SHAKE, FUCK YOU SMOKEY) then that's three 3-0 teams in the south

Which only means

images

I genuinely hope that image didn't offend anybody

eznark

Banned

Yeah, the manual gap blitzes destroyed me.

I'm glad I know it's allowed now though.

eznark

Banned
How could you have went 3 seasons and not known this? There's so many people in the league that do it, and are much better than me at it.

Apparently they are also sneakier at it than you or people just do it against you because they know you're going to do it. I haven't seen it happen before.

Gotta use this bye week to figure out best cheese uses of Clay Matthews just to keep up with the rest of you.

Ramirez

Apparently they are also sneakier at it than you or people just do it against you because they know you're going to do it. I haven't seen it happen before.

Have you never played FMT/DM? Running against them is futile because of their LB/S play...

bluemax

Banned
Have you never played FMT/DM? Running against them is futile because of their LB/S play...

Yeah which made the game where I lost and FMT was like "You should've ran more" that much more ridiculous. Running success is non sustainable against you and your manual LBer blitzing/gap shooting!

I've noticed some people in this league are very good at manually stopping the run with those ILB but I've always chalked it up to just smart quick reaction play I guess. Mostly because when I try to do it I completely fail...

When I played FMT though I thought it was just Patrick Willis doing his thing

and I guess you can counter the gap shooting with a PA, but I think manual blitzing is ok off of PAs so if they see that coming then you're even more fucked.

I know we clarify this everytime, but by manual LB blitzing, you guys are talking about runs or play action right?

Yeah I think it's legal on those, or if your OLB is in a 3 point rushing stance or acts as a DE

Top Bottom