• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I know we clarify this everytime, but by manual LB blitzing, you guys are talking about runs or play action right?

eznark

Banned
I've only ever controlled linebackers when they are dropping into a zone. I'm really looking forward to the next game now. I think I might move Clay inside and see what kind of damage I can do with his already great speed boosted by the user control!

Ramirez

Yeah which made the game where I lost and FMT was like "You should've ran more" that much more ridiculous. Running success is non sustainable against you and your manual LBer blitzing/gap shooting!

I'm either complete shutdown with it, or I miss 50 assignments and I get games like Ferny where he had like 250 yards rushing. :p

Birdman02

How could you have went 3 seasons and not known this? There's so many people in the league that do it, and are much better than me at it.

I thought the rule was that you could only manually reposition the player you're controlling...or is that what you're saying? I manually hit gaps all the time with Vilma and Dickerson, but I only reposition the one I am controlling.

Ramirez

I thought the rule was that you could only manually reposition the player you're controlling...or is that what you're saying? I manually hit gaps all the time with Vilma and Dickerson, but I only reposition the one I am controlling.

I never reposition them, I just manually blitz runs after the snap. There is one 2-4-5 play where both of my MLBs get right up on the C, but I always pull my manual guy out to his original position due to suction blocking in case it's a pass.

Why wouldn't you be able to manually hit gaps with your LBs on run plays? The RB has the ball... Why would you not pursue him?

I've been doing that since game 1 in the league. Just now getting decent at it tho lol

eznark

Banned
Why wouldn't you be able to manually hit gaps with your LBs on run plays? The RB has the ball... Why would you not pursue him?

I've been doing that since game 1 in the league. Just now getting decent at it tho lol

Ram blitzes without knowing it's a run then switches off if it is a pass. So he brings a blitz first, his guy shoots the gap, and if it's a pass he switches off. At least that's how it looked to me. Everyone else I have played waits until the play looks like a run.

I like this "blitz first, then switch off and let the CPU finish the sack" style though.

Ram blitzes without knowing it's a run then switches off if it is a pass. So he brings a blitz first, his guy shoots the gap, and if it's a pass he switches off. At least that's how it looked to me. Everyone else I have played waits until the play looks like a run.

I like this "blitz first, then switch off and let the CPU finish the sack" style though.

Yeah a play action would easily stop that---if quarterbacks didn't take 20 years to set it up.
Unless you have Jake Locker!
But I have legitimately been fooled on PA trying to manual control a linebacker so I never thought it was too bad

then again we're talking about me controlling linebacker so move on

Splat

So, a friend of mine ordered ME3 on newegg and when it showed up they'd sent him Madden12 instead. He put the disc in and got these:

d949c3d10ce7642ff9ecc63a372e94e27b577612.jpg

1b39dee6c6afdfd70e288450b12d279fc807036d.jpg

4026428e125ad40ee0a4ea2a11141c440d7723cf.jpg

eznark

Banned
Yeah a play action would easily stop that---if quarterbacks didn't take 20 years to set it up.
Unless you have Jake Locker!
But I have legitimately been fooled on PA trying to manual control a linebacker so I never thought it was too bad

then again we're talking about me controlling linebacker so move on

Nah, it completely destroys the play action because he hits the point of exchange. My slow ass releasing QB certainly doesn't help.

What it did do was make screens super effective.

Oh, that's completely different than what I thought was happening.

Yeah PA in this game is way too busted. The exchange is just so painstakingly slow that a 4 man rush can sometimes blow it up. Not to mention a manually blitzing LB

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

you can spot run vs. pass immediately based on the blocking though, well before the handoff.

LiveWire

Bingo. All of the reward and none of the risk. Easy cheesy!

Ramirez

LOL, WOW. What a blatant lie.

First off, I NEVER control a guy if he's actually blitzing presnap. If I see it's a pass, or even a PA, I retreat immediately and am usually completely out of position.

Since I never control a guy who is blitzing, me switching would cause the player to drop back into their zone. The thing is though, I never switch off my MLBs until the ball is in the air away from them.

I told you the one draw play where Dent basically tackled your QB was the cpu. I didn't touch him presnap and was controlling Timmons the entire time.

You were sacked 5 times, 4 be the LE & 1 by the DT. The 4 by Hood came on 5 wide sets where I only rushed three and he just eventually got to you from you dropping back and running around like a mad man.

To accuse me of manually blitzing the MLBs on passing plays is ridiculous and a complete lie.

Sometimes I call a blitz and control one of the blitzing LBers but I'll back him up a bit from where he'd normally start, but whenever I do this I plan on playing some kind of zone or doubling the TE. If it's a run I'm gonna attack a gap.

Is this what you guys are upset about Ram doing? Or is it something else and I don't understand it right..

And now that I've read Ram's post that's what I always saw him do and I do the same (we call a very different defensive game still). No problem there.

Ramirez

Sometimes I call a blitz and control one of the blitzing LBers but I'll back him up a bit from where he'd normally start, but whenever I do this I plan on playing some kind of zone or doubling the TE. If it's a run I'm gonna attack a gap.

Is this what you guys are upset about Ram doing? Or is it something else and I don't understand it right..

I never do what you're describing though, Eznark is talking out of his ass about "what it seemed like to him", when no one has ever complained about anything I do on defense, hilarious.

Ramirez

This is backfiring on Ram fast!

How? You have Eznark, who has no clue what he's talking about, and didn't even know manual blitzing was legal on runs & PA. Then you have LW, who is constantly riding my nuts, and in this instance came in to get the heat off his boy Luke!

Business as usual I'd say, heh.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
But you had no concrete sources, just giving an educated guess. It's real now!

Oh it is real. I should have made bets. When Alex Smith didn't sign, I knew it was a done deal. Of the teams in the hunt that can offer Peyton the best shot, with the best coach, while ushering in a new stadium effort, the Niners are the clear choice. Now that this is out, Alex will be inconsolable.

eznark

Banned
I never do what you're describing though, Eznark is talking out of his ass about "what it seemed like to him", when no one has ever complained about anything I do on defense, hilarious.

100% accurate. I explicitly said it's what it looked like to me. You're sure fired up about it though. I think "talking out of my ass" is a little harsh considering I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong and in fact am treating you as a mentor for my future Claymaker Blitz.

Also, I never complained about it.

Ramirez

100% accurate. I explicitly said it's what it looked like to me. You're sure fired up about it though. I think "talking out of my ass" is a little harsh considering I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong and in fact am treating you as a mentor for my future Claymaker Blitz.

Also, I never complained about it.

I apologize then, your post came off as saying that I cheese the MLB some how by switching off then getting instant pressure or something.

My wife enjoyed the video apology DCX, probably would divorce me if I did one myself though. :p

DCX

DCX
I apologize then, your post came off as saying that I cheese the MLB some how by switching off then getting instant pressure or something.

My wife enjoyed the video apology DCX, probably would divorce me if I did one myself though. :p

My wife laughed hysterically when I showed her. :'(

DCX

Mrbob

Everyone shutup now. Niners in peypey race!

The move will make the niners a nice regular season story. With Cutler and Marshall reunited I don't care what the Niners do! Niners defense will be stretched thin now against the Bears new vertical threat and Forte will feast on Pwills remains running up the middle of the field!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lot of accusations being tossed my way here. To be honest, I don't know what Luke's end game is with all of this, but as I told him and CB and mastershake and anyone else, all I do is shift/crash. I don't do it on every play, but I won't stop doing it until FMT says so because I don't believe it's an exploit.

I can generate pressure in other ways, but it looks like you guys want that stuff banned too. The first post indicates a play in which the LB engages the OL and the DE comes free, is that an exploit? It's a basic blitzing concept, to bring more guys in an area than can be blocked.

End of the day, what I hear is that you guys don't want to shift the line nor keep in extra blockers for protection. So when Rex Ryan overload blitzes, does the other coach whine to the ref? Fuck outta here. It's not an exploit, it's football.

Either way, Pheeniks, I'm heading home if you're around.

LiveWire

Lot of accusations being tossed my way here. To be honest, I don't know what Luke's end game is with all of this, but as I told him and CB and mastershake and anyone else, all I do is shift/crash. I don't do it on every play, but I won't stop doing it until FMT says so because I don't believe it's an exploit.

I can generate pressure in other ways, but it looks like you guys want that stuff banned too. The first post indicates a play in which the LB engages the OL and the DE comes free, is that an exploit? It's a basic blitzing concept, to bring more guys in an area than can be blocked.

End of the day, what I hear is that you guys don't want to shift the line nor keep in extra blockers for protection. So when Rex Ryan overload blitzes, does the other coach whine to the ref? Fuck outta here. It's not an exploit, it's football.

I agree with all of what you posted, and I do the exact same things to generate pressure. I'm adjusting the D-line left or right or pinching and crashing left or right or in or contain wherever I think I can try to get pressure on EVERY play, unless I'm intentionally dropping someone into coverage or the defensive scheme I call needs to stay as is to work properly. You are a better player as a DT/DE than I am--plus your DL is better than shitty Bowen/Carriker/Cofield :( -- so that is, IMHO where all your success comes from...we're both more gameplanners than we are position players.

What I think people are complaining about (and they might not realize what is causing it) is manual LB play in the gaps along the line of scrimmage. Even if you're not blitzing, it just fucks up the O-line AI no matter what, OL protection shifts or not.

Mrbob

Splat I'm heading out tonight so I can't play! I'll be free almost all day tomorrow though. Can't play between 5pm-9pm central roughly because I want to watch the Marquette and Wisconsin tourney games. Any other time should be good.

Smokey

fuck you in da mouth? (I have no idea)
Fuck
Y'all
I'm
Doing
Me

It's what a lot of members have done so hey why not join the party!

Twins, rollouts manual blitzing, magical d line play. All have been questioned yet they are still ok so I'm in the camp now of doing whatever (outside of glitching) somebody gets mad fuck em

Splat

Splat I'm heading out tonight so I can't play! I'll be free almost all day tomorrow though. Can't play between 5pm-9pm central roughly because I want to watch the Marquette and Wisconsin tourney games. Any other time should be good.

Probably earlier rather than later, but I'll post tomorrow mornin' to try and get it set up.

Top Bottom