• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

ugh why is kapernick so fucking horrible. i have guys wide open deep and he hangs that shit so badly it gets picked. then i throw short and his release is so slow that its easy to break on the ball -_-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ugh why is kapernick so fucking horrible. i have guys wide open deep and he hangs that shit so badly it gets picked. then i throw short and his release is so slow that its easy to break on the ball -_-
Because he is a qb that couldnt beat out Alex Smith for a job

Henne for a third round pick? Solves one of those porblems, dude has a rocket! He overthrows 70% of wide open deep receivers though.

Mrbob

Niners 0-3?!

1313687454638.gif

Ramirez

I love how you're shocked that your terrible backup QB has been playing up to his real abilities lately. Why have you not drafted or traded for a QB?

I love how you're shocked that your terrible backup QB has been playing up to his real abilities lately. Why have you not drafted or traded for a QB?

if i gave you a qb with these stats:

89 speed
92 THP
91 short accuracy
92 medium accuracy
82 deep accuracy

you would say "hey that aint bad!" but here we are!

His awareness is 59, I'm sure that has some effect on him.

no one at EA has ever said how awareness affects a user controlled QB (or even if it does!).

i'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter for a human controlled QB. this is how the following QB's have superbowl titles in our madden league:

alex smith
tim rattay
pat white
jamarcus russell

Ramirez

I suppose, but the ratings don't match the results that you talk about. One would assume his awareness might contribute to bad throws, even if he is user controlled. *shrug*

Really, all that list of terrible QBs proves is that cheese wins out!

Splat

Hey Bob, I know it's late but any chance you're around and want to go?

If not, anyone want to scrim? I need to figure my shit out asap :(

LukeSmith

lol, line play is so broken in this game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/117014794

This is the only one that had a replay, but yea, if I had a dollar for every time Luke/Wellie get DEs coming in untouched, I'd be a rich man!

Game was over as soon as Dent fumbled the surprise onside kick, game was actually pretty good up until that point. Whatever!

Yeah, instead of going up 13-10, the TD on that play put me up 33-10. Fucking magical

David_Copperfield_Large.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Ursa has to be the most brain dead simple hero for making people rage quit. Two straight games as him I've had the game end 25 minutes in because the other team gave up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
no one at EA has ever said how awareness affects a user controlled QB (or even if it does!).

i'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter for a human controlled QB. this is how the following QB's have superbowl titles in our madden league:

alex smith
tim rattay
pat white
jamarcus russell

I've always thought awareness maybe affects accuracy under pressure, but who knows.

wtf, Jacksonville's schedule for the first three weeks is Texans-Colts-Texans

I guess that's a way to get them division games outta the way early

me and Wellie have the last game listed. does that mean it's gonna be a monday-night-esque game in the game?

oh gee golly a fake primetime game

Mrbob

New Ipad a flop? Probably not, but reports are saying there aren't a ton of lines this year for people waiting to pick it up!

That ending to ME3

God damnit.....

This is why I'm sticking to multi right now. I've put too much time into the story to have it all fall apart at the end.

BigAT

me and Wellie have the last game listed. does that mean it's gonna be a monday-night-esque game in the game?

oh gee golly a fake primetime game

You're actually the first game listed on the real site, I guess LM does them in reverse order. "Sunday, Sep 23, 2012 1:00 PM" even though we're in the 2014 season.

Oh wow, another basic error on the website? Shocking.

Mrbob

You should make a BOMBA thread

Haha, I don't care that much about it to do so! The fact that it isn't selling out is nice because I still might pick one up after work! Have a shot now!

I really want a haptic touch device but who knows how long this will take.

eznark

Banned
Haha, I don't care that much about it to do so! The fact that it isn't selling out is nice because I still might pick one up after work! Have a shot now!

I really want a haptic touch device but who knows how long this will take.

The original droid had haptic feedback functionality. Made typing nice.

I don't really recall the ipads ever truly selling out. I had no problem picking up the first two.

levious

wait, is shifting dline in general problematic or is it more just in four lineman formations?

Mrbob

I don't think most people are that desperate to win...

Did you not see what DCX attempted? And he was a more outstanding member too. There are already issues with the game, now we are going to become a true cheese league.

Of course, mr 38 man roster Super Bowl champ probably doesn't care!

Mrbob

The original droid had haptic feedback functionality. Made typing nice.

I don't really recall the ipads ever truly selling out. I had no problem picking up the first two.

Yeah I'm going back and forth. The ipad is a cool device, but most everything I'd use it for I have something at home I can do things better. Browse on my PC, watch netflix on my plasma, read books on my kindle, or game on various devices! I think I might take that 500-600 dollars and put it towards my own personal Steambox! I've been wanting to build a home theater pc for awhile now, and with ivy bridge coming and new, better, more efficient and powerful nvidia cards , ram being dirt cheap, hard drive prices coming back down the time is to strike! Any recommendations on a case? I don't want to have it look like a regular tower if I'm putting it in my entertainment stand!

eznark

Banned
Yeah I'm going back and forth. The ipad is a cool device, but most everything I'd use it for I have something at home I can do things better. Browse on my PC, watch netflix on my plasma, read books on my kindle, or game on various devices! I think I might take that 500-600 dollars and put it towards my own personal Steambox! I've been wanting to build a home theater pc for awhile now, and with ivy bridge coming and new, better, more efficient and powerful nvidia cards , ram being dirt cheap, hard drive prices coming back down the time is to strike! Any recommendations on a case? I don't want to have it look like a regular tower if I'm putting it in my entertainment stand!

Maximum PC did a feature a few months back on HTPC's that had a number of case options in it, I'd take a look at that. Based on what I know of your life (working at dominoes, living in moms basement, masturbating to Jim McMahon pictures) I'd say a HTPC is a much better idea.

I use my ipad almost exclusively for work. I love it as a note-taking device. It's the only reason I am considering the ipad 3, the increased resolution should be awesome for handwriting apps.

levious

Never too soon to look forward to the next draft!

The top quarterbacks:

Code:
Palmer, Okoye # 10 - QB
Height: 6-3, Weight: 239
College: Arizona
86 OVR

Attributes 

96	Throw Power		82	Throw Accuracy Short
86	Throw Accuracy Mid	73	Throw Accuracy Deep
82	Play Action		83	Throw on the run
79	Awareness		62	Speed

Ford, Alec # 7 - QB
Height: 6-1, Weight: 216
College: South Carolina
85 OVR

Attributes 

95	Throw Power		82	Throw Accuracy Short
80	Throw Accuracy Mid	75	Throw Accuracy Deep
86	Play Action		93	Throw on the run
77	Awareness		70	Speed
 

Cornelius, Darien # 5 - QB
Height: 6-3, Weight: 223
College: Notre Dame
83 OVR

Attributes 

95	Throw Power		78	Throw Accuracy Short
71	Throw Accuracy Mid	70	Throw Accuracy Deep
65	Play Action		85	Throw on the run
85	Awareness		89	Speed

Lloyd, Brandon # 5 - QB
Height: 6-6, Weight: 226
College: Tennessee
76 OVR

Attributes 

95	Throw Power		89	Throw Accuracy Short
69	Throw Accuracy Mid	87	Throw Accuracy Deep
70	Play Action		57	Throw on the run
70	Awareness		45	Speed

Roberts, Brendon # 9 - QB
Height: 6-4, Weight: 238
College: Missouri State
73 OVR

Attributes 

94	Throw Power		71	Throw Accuracy Short
71	Throw Accuracy Mid	88	Throw Accuracy Deep
73	Play Action		54	Throw on the run
71	Awareness		50	Speed

The top running backs:

Code:
Fletcher, Joshua # 37 - HB
Height: 5-10, Weight: 217
College: Texas
83 OVR

Attributes 

90	Speed		97	Agility
89	Trucking	86	Elusiveness
81	Carrying	81	BC Vision
97	Juke Move	89	Spin Move

Nesby, Romonn # 27 - HB
Height: 5-8, Weight: 190
College: Connecticut
83 OVR

Attributes 

88	Speed		81	Agility
99	Trucking	81	Elusiveness
92	Carrying	84	BC Vision
75	Juke Move	86	Spin Move

Hawkins, Herschel # 37 - HB
Height: 5-8, Weight: 209
College: South Carolina
82 OVR

Attributes 

93	Speed		97	Agility
89	Trucking	87	Elusiveness
94	Carrying	65	BC Vision
86	Juke Move	90	Spin Move

McDonald, Easton # 22 - HB
Height: 6-2, Weight: 258
College: Miami Univ
81 OVR

Attributes 

85	Speed		79	Agility
97	Trucking	66	Elusiveness
88	Carrying	86	BC Vision
84	Juke Move	83	Spin Move

I'll do more later...

Mrbob

I like this. I might have to restructure my linebacking core next season, check out who is hot!

Don't forget about our week 6 match up either! Brooks vs Cole, the battle everyone has been waiting for will finally be settled on the field!

Top Bottom