• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

Mrbob

FYI -- I am out this weekend from Friday -> Sunday night EST. I'd really like to play this upcoming game (after this week) because it's #2 South Carolina vs. #1 LSU, and I'm sure that if it's simmed I'll lose, but I have a decent enough chance to beat LSU... And I'm hoping not to lose a game till my last couple weeks against human opponents at the end.

FMT, I'll PM you anyway

According to this message he'll be home tonight. But at least he isn't on worst coast time!

BROS I AM BACK

Just got back from a pretty awesome weekend in New Hampshire for work. The albatross taking flight:

581948_3516405468984_176085145_n.jpg

When are we vancing? I'll get my game in super asap.

I think Bob's already broken his GAF career record in this dynasty for statements similar to "when are we advancing, let's go!"

let the good times roll! how was your vacation with the lady friend?

p.s. post when you're done so i can vance this bitch

Playing now... doing my recruiting quickly and then getting my game in.

THe weekend was great. It was actually my company's corporate outing... they reserve 8 hotels in the White Mountains, including the giant Mt. Washington resort and they throw an insane party with open bar all weekend, tons of shit to do, and free food... and it's awesome. Even though I Was staying in a relative dump compared to others (it's based on tenure at the company, I just started here in March)... it was still bomb. We had a great time!

Playing now... doing my recruiting quickly and then getting my game in.

THe weekend was great. It was actually my company's corporate outing... they reserve 8 hotels in the White Mountains, including the giant Mt. Washington resort and they throw an insane party with open bar all weekend, tons of shit to do, and free food... and it's awesome. Even though I Was staying in a relative dump compared to others (it's based on tenure at the company, I just started here in March)... it was still bomb. We had a great time!

looks like you went zip lining. i did that before and my balls hated me for it. that harness sucks

Week 10

Advance date: 8/1/12 (wednesday)

Human games:
#11 Arkansas @ Miss (CPU)
#5 Alabama Vs. Miss St (CPU)
#1 South Carolina @ Tennessee (CPU)
Penn St @ Ohio St (CPU)
#14 Oregon @ UCLA (CPU)
#9 Wisconsin (BYE)
#6 USC @ #2 WVU (CPU)
#15 Texas Vs. #19 OU (CPU)
#3 TCU (BYE)
#8 Michigan @ #17 Nebraska (CPU)
#21 Iowa Vs. NU (CPU)
#10 FSU Vs. #7 LSU (CPU)

Mrbob

Love being able to check away from home.

Finally got the 5 star MLB to commit, suck it DM! Also get a 5 STAR DE to commit too. After three weeks of nothing getting two 5 stars to commit in one week feels good!

Making a late charge on another DE, closed the gap but I see he gave Michigan a soft commit. Time to back off, going to be near impossible to grab now.

Back into the top 10 in recruiting, number 5 at the moment. Want to try and stay in the top 10!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matt Barkley out until whatever bowl game i end up in :(

Whatever. King Cody will lead me to the promise land!
recruit_e_kessler2_sy_600.jpg

Sokantish

I want you guys to know I didn't run my game up. I got two TDs in the last 8 seconds with my backups. Not my fault! Sure I drove all the way down the field and went in for the TD... but I had to! The other one was an INT return.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If you're done, you can change your "ready for advance" on the webpage. On the Team Page, I believe.

Lonestar

EA's come a long way with their game related websites. Haven't had any errors when it came to recruiting and internet errors. More pages on secondary information (class rankings, pipeline states) Even the stats are decent, and they included a "download" button for excel files (though I did see some errors in relation to columns being off.)

Will get my game in today.

Bummed about EA's team ratings this year, especially with the wild inflation. Sure, it helps South Carolina to be a 95, but pretty much all teams are in the B -> A range this year, with a small handful being in the C's, and then the typical garbage squad of ~10 teams in the Ds. I don't have data to back this up, but I swear, of the 120 teams, you've got 100 teams that are A and B, and then 20 at C and D.. and even within those ranges, I'm wagering like 40 or 50 teams are within a few points at the high B+ range and the mid-A.

I know people say "there's more parity in college football," and then they cite the handful of upsets every year, but that doesn't mean that Utah or Houston are A- while Michigan is an A+, it means that Michigan is a B, and Utah is a C+. People talk about upsets because they remember them, but the ubermensch trumps the unterman 11/12 in the college football season. It's just the handful of underdog victories stand out in our minds... and it causes EA to inflate those ratings.

Madden had this same problem for years, it was finally addressed. Sure, the Bills upset the Patriots 31 - 0 at the start of the 2003 season. hence the calls: "PARITY! Raise the bills to be a B instead of a C-," but then the Patriots beat the bills 31 - 0, and went onto win 10 + consecutive games against them. We remember the underdog victory and hold idioms like "any given sunday," but statistically they just aren't true. And when we're divising statistical categories, like numbers or grade based ratings, we ought to stick to the statistics.

OH, so this all came up because I see Tennessee at 0 - 4 in the SEC and 2 - 5 in the season. You think "well, what a bottom dweller." And then I check their team rating and they're an A-overall. Tennessee... might have a decent year this year, but they're probably not going to, they haven't been relevant for some 15 years.

Lonestar

Bummed about EA's team ratings this year, especially with the wild inflation. Sure, it helps South Carolina to be a 95, but pretty much all teams are in the B -> A range this year, with a small handful being in the C's, and then the typical garbage squad of ~10 teams in the Ds. I don't have data to back this up, but I swear, of the 120 teams, you've got 100 teams that are A and B, and then 20 at C and D.. and even within those ranges, I'm wagering like 40 or 50 teams are within a few points at the high B+ range and the mid-A.

I know people say "there's more parity in college football," and then they cite the handful of upsets every year, but that doesn't mean that Utah or Houston are A- while Michigan is an A+, it means that Michigan is a B, and Utah is a C+. People talk about upsets because they remember them, but the ubermensch trumps the unterman 11/12 in the college football season. It's just the handful of underdog victories stand out in our minds... and it causes EA to inflate those ratings.

Madden had this same problem for years, it was finally addressed. Sure, the Bills upset the Patriots 31 - 0 at the start of the 2003 season. hence the calls: "PARITY! Raise the bills to be a B instead of a C-," but then the Patriots beat the bills 31 - 0, and went onto win 10 + consecutive games against them. We remember the underdog victory and hold idioms like "any given sunday," but statistically they just aren't true. And when we're divising statistical categories, like numbers or grade based ratings, we ought to stick to the statistics.

OH, so this all came up because I see Tennessee at 0 - 4 in the SEC and 2 - 5 in the season. You think "well, what a bottom dweller." And then I check their team rating and they're an A-overall. Tennessee... might have a decent year this year, but they're probably not going to, they haven't been relevant for some 15 years.

Texas is rated 99. 99.

Hell, Alabama's a 97, but has an offense of 92 and a defense of 95. I know they don't have special teams rated at 108!

Lonestar

Just saying, team ratings are bonkers, because EA doesn't want to rank teams (or players)below 60.

It happened.

Me #1 SOuth Carolina just lost to unranked (CPU) Tennessee. I don't know how. But Tennessee was impossible in this game.
It's one of the rare feats... you can play 3 a+ ranked teams and hold them to zero touchdowns, and then 2 - 5 Tennessee comes out and even though they make mistakes, they play above and beyond when they need to.

I just knew it was going to happen from the very beginning of the game. Nothing went right on the game. The winning touch down was a score by their RB who broke one tackle on a draw and was just gone. Everything that could go wrong against the CPU went wrong. I didn't convert key downs, and because my kicker is so bad, (40 yard field goal max power), I had to go for it on 2 fourth down and shorts near their end of the field and was stopped.

I am both embarrassed and pissed. I hadn't been that frustrated in NCAA '13 this year... but I saw the crazy things that you used to see regularly, balls warping through players for touchdowns, defensive guys completely out of position on plays. My last offensive play of the game was a pass I didn't have to make but the CPU had stuffed me a key run on the previous set of downs and I was weary of using a time out, so I rushed a bad play and thew an INT that I didn't have to throw over the middle. SHould have thrown it away or done anything else.

Alas. I didn't think I'd go undefeated, I thought I'd lose at least one of my final 2 human opponent games to finish the year 8 - 2 or so, but damn.. didn't think I'd lose to the CPU after giving up no more than 7 offensive points in other games.

It happened.

Me #1 SOuth Carolina just lost to unranked (CPU) Tennessee. I don't know how. But Tennessee was impossible in this game.
It's one of the rare feats... you can play 3 a+ ranked teams and hold them to zero touchdowns, and then 2 - 5 Tennessee comes out and even though they make mistakes, they play above and beyond when they need to.

I just knew it was going to happen from the very beginning of the game. Nothing went right on the game. The winning touch down was a score by their RB who broke one tackle on a draw and was just gone. Everything that could go wrong against the CPU went wrong. I didn't convert key downs, and because my kicker is so bad, (40 yard field goal max power), I had to go for it on 2 fourth down and shorts near their end of the field and was stopped.

I am both embarrassed and pissed. I hadn't been that frustrated in NCAA '13 this year... but I saw the crazy things that you used to see regularly, balls warping through players for touchdowns, defensive guys completely out of position on plays. My last offensive play of the game was a pass I didn't have to make but the CPU had stuffed me a key run on the previous set of downs and I was weary of using a time out, so I rushed a bad play and thew an INT that I didn't have to throw over the middle. SHould have thrown it away or done anything else.

Alas. I didn't think I'd go undefeated, I thought I'd lose at least one of my final 2 human opponent games to finish the year 8 - 2 or so, but damn.. didn't think I'd lose to the CPU after giving up no more than 7 offensive points in other games.

wow.

i've almost lost to the CPU once this season. i've been in plenty of close games with them but once they had me down 7 with 2 minutes left and no timeouts with a 4th and 7 to go and i converted and got the touchdown. failing that play i would've lost. sometimes they just cheese the fuck out of you

LukeSmith

First...

And then...
It happened.

Tennessee seems like an A- to me

Lonestar

I noticed the CPU was tougher. Mississippi State was a bitch to play on for most of the game, including stopping on the goal line twice. But not that tough.

Tennessee was tougher too. I figure it's the "Rivalry bump".

Top Bottom