• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

LukeSmith

So.

Obviously if I win I'm in the NC, but if I lose to USC in the conference ship do I have enough to still be #2 since we're both at the top? LSU and Alabama style

edit: forgot cb still has to play the tross

If CB beats you, you will not play for the national championship.

i don't think so either. there are real life examples of the teams re-playing in the national title game but there are too many teams right on the cusp of being the #2 team so whoever loses is pretty much relegated to the rose bowl.... and then i'm going to get bumped out of the rose bowl for the valero gas station bowl or something lame like pheeniks :(

Smokey

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i don't think so either. there are real life examples of the teams re-playing in the national title game but there are too many teams right on the cusp of being the #2 team so whoever loses is pretty much relegated to the rose bowl.... and then i'm going to get bumped out of the rose bowl for the valero gas station bowl or something lame like pheeniks :(

wow

LukeSmith

double wow

Mrbob

We need a Tross sighting!

Luke, I probably won't be able to play our game till tomorrow night. Going to be busy all day today.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Chick Fil A is so good but im never full after i eat there. And its pretty expensive. So even before the hammer dropped on them, i didnt go there very often.

Chick Fil A is so good but im never full after i eat there. And its pretty expensive. So even before the hammer dropped on them, i didnt go there very often.

for some reason my work always has chikfila coupons sitting around so usually lunch ends up being like $3 (free chicken sandwich when you buy fries and a drink or something). plus they have their end of the month facebook phrase day (last friday of the month) and you can get free food. but i feel embarrassed to say the stupid ass phrases

CB3

for some reason my work always has chikfila coupons sitting around so usually lunch ends up being like $3 (free chicken sandwich when you buy fries and a drink or something). plus they have their end of the month facebook phrase day (last friday of the month) and you can get free food. but i feel embarrassed to say the stupid ass phrases

Is it like "Gays are from the Devil" or something like that?

LukeSmith

I've never been to chick-fil-a nor do I know what's happening with the controversy around them. Someone put a two sentence description in the thread

CB3

I've never been to chick-fil-a nor do I know what's happening with the controversy around them. Someone put a two sentence description in the thread

Chick Fil-A is run by hardcore Christians that are against gays. So alot of people are boycotting it, which is futile because other hardcore Christians will just eat there more to balance it out.

DMczaf

You need to learn you can't have a real life. Once you join the brotherhood Madden/NCAA is your life!

cheers4packDVD.jpg

Is it like "Gays are from the Devil" or something like that?

lulz that would actually be funny. the ones i can remember are "eat more chicken" "mini-me" (these weren't so bad) but the christmas one last year was pretty bad. you had to go up to the counter and say something like what's white and red and goes down a chimney. i don't remember exactly what it was but it almost wasn't worth the free lunch :/

GG CB3 --

Threw an int on the last play of OT, lost 31 - 24... Silly pass, had the WR but I acted too quickly. Good defensive call.

I started up 17 - 0, but gave up a deep bomb with 20 seconds left... had 3 deep coverage but the WR was wide open ~15 yards past the safeties/CB. I was thinking if I had the 17 - 0 lead going into the hal, I think I would have won, but at 17 - 7 ... I Was iffy about it.

Though, still hate the 4 man rush in this. I knew you'd take off with your QB on your TD, so I called a spy.. but QBs have better mobility than LB's in this, and when the d-line is completely choked up by the O-line thre's no chance. Helps me too, I only got sacked on one bad playcall, but it drives me nuts to have players surrounding the QB and they just sit there unable to get a hand on him.

GG CB3 --

Threw an int on the last play of OT, lost 31 - 24... Silly pass, had the WR but I acted too quickly. Good defensive call.

I started up 17 - 0, but gave up a deep bomb with 20 seconds left... had 3 deep coverage but the WR was wide open ~15 yards past the safeties/CB. I was thinking if I had the 17 - 0 lead going into the hal, I think I would have won, but at 17 - 7 ... I Was iffy about it.

Though, still hate the 4 man rush in this. I knew you'd take off with your QB on your TD, so I called a spy.. but QBs have better mobility than LB's in this, and when the d-line is completely choked up by the O-line thre's no chance. Helps me too, I only got sacked on one bad playcall, but it drives me nuts to have players surrounding the QB and they just sit there unable to get a hand on him.

agreed! but when i tell CB the d-line play is awful in the game he says "PFFFT U CANT EXPECT TO GET PRESSURE WITH A 4 MAN LINE!" well can i expect my guys not to get knocked down everytime at least? or maybe not give the QB 10 seconds to pass? that needs to be patch #1!

Mrbob

I'll get a small window when I'll be home in about 2 hours. I'll do my recruiting then!

Edit: Wisconsin and Michigan in a tie in BCS ranking percentage! Still need Bama to lose their CCG! But both teams may have locked in a guaranteed BCS Bowl bid.

agreed! but when i tell CB the d-line play is awful in the game he says "PFFFT U CANT EXPECT TO GET PRESSURE WITH A 4 MAN LINE!" well can i expect my guys not to get knocked down everytime at least? or maybe not give the QB 10 seconds to pass? that needs to be patch #1!

well, I think, you can get pressure... but in very few circumstances is there a realistic threat to sack the QB. I'm not complaining about our game, because I'm sure the HS-tier D-line benefits me equally, but there are 10 times in the game when defenders are within an arms grasp of the QB, but the QB can stand there for 1 - 2 seconds with impunity. So, the only threat there is is when your controller buzzes, maybe it makes you nervous, but it's not a threat of actually being sacked.

I also bring a lot of blitzes, usually out of the nickle, but if they're not wide of the line, then the players just get swallowed up, which makes for an easy escape for the QB.

FWIW, I'm in an online dynasty with a friend who never buys the games and so we're playing on Varsity. I am killing the CPU like .. 70 - 3 in every game, but the D-Line play is.. much better. I get sacked and my D-line gets sacks. It's refreshing.

OF course, being able to run a sweep for a TD 5 plas in a row... is not as refreshing.

Top Bottom