• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA '13 Online Dynasty Thread: A tribute to Jessica Dorrell

BTW, if anybody has to reach me in the future, my email address is:

michaelbrazell@gmail.com

Best way to reach me when I'm away from my computer

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Recruiting class rankings at the end of the regular season

1. USC
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Arkansas
5. Oregon

USC and Michigan are done for the year, with 25 signees, and Arkansas only has 2 spots left. Alabama (8 spots left) and Oregon (6 spots left) have room to grow in the offseason period, as well as #6 Wisconsin (9 spots left)

Rankings are bull shit. 10 - 2 South Carolina ranked lower than 9 - 3 Florida State, who South Carolina beat 21 - 10 2 weeks ago... and my only loss since was to #2 USC. Bah NCAA!

Recruiting class rankings at the end of the regular season

1. USC
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Arkansas
5. Oregon

USC and Michigan are done for the year, with 25 signees, and Arkansas only has 2 spots left. Alabama (8 spots left) and Oregon (6 spots left) have room to grow in the offseason period, as well as #6 Wisconsin (9 spots left)

i was holding off on signing anyone else and then i stumbled across 3 more "gems" during my scouting in the past few weeks :/

i wonder if gems go higher in ratings in the coming years. for instance i have a 3 star GEM who is only a 68..... i wonder if he will have a bigger jump than a guy who is just a regular 68 and not a gem

Does Coach Livewire still have a job?

yeah he does. i took a look at his contract and it will be almost impossible for him to get fired this season. there are certain things in your contract and different things have difference importance to the school. seems like he is safe for this year based on what i saw

LukeSmith

It certainly wasn't an explicit goal, but I ended up recruiting an entire new offensive line:
C- 80 OVR, Gs 74,76 and Ts 79, 76

Gem/Bust is just the byproduct of scouting and how many points that player went up or down when you scouted them.

I highly doubt it does anything beyond that (it should do more, but I doubt that it does)

Lonestar

i was holding off on signing anyone else and then i stumbled across 3 more "gems" during my scouting in the past few weeks :/

i wonder if gems go higher in ratings in the coming years. for instance i have a 3 star GEM who is only a 68..... i wonder if he will have a bigger jump than a guy who is just a regular 68 and not a gem

Something to find out in the upcoming future, I guess. I too have a couple of "Gems" though most of them in the 4 star range.

Tip of the cap to Luke, I did want that Center. Good get.

There are 3 4 star players I could go and offer scholarships to right now, and probably get (I recruited them most of the season) But their scouting was so poor, I'm not sure I want them. 4 star players with mid-high 60 ratings, bleh. Maybe I'll try to pick them up if I can't find anyone in the offseason.

Conference Championships

Vance date: 8/7/12 (Tuesday) @ 6 pm pst

Human games:

#3 Alabama Vs. #11 South Carolina
#4 Wisconsin @ #5 Michigan
#2 USC @ #1 TCU

everyone else on byes! THERE ARE NO RECRUITING HOURS AVAILABLE TO ANYONE.

LukeSmith

wow, the top 5 ranked teams in the land playing during conference championships.

Everything could change

Predictions:

USC over TCU
Alabama over South Carolina
Wisconsin over Michigan

Wisconsin v. Arkansas - Rose Bowl
USC vs. Bama National Championship

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
USC cant catch breaks. Or passes thrown right to them.

Also, i cant wait for D-line play to be banned in madden once and for all

Smokey

pac-12-trophy.png

I know right? Then others can do great things such as my infamous circle back INT against Luke!

Lonestar

what's up with D-Line play?

looks like our game is delayed till tomorrow night.

No matter what, I can't play Tuesday, got a funeral to attend, and it'll be late when I get back.

Smokey

lol @ the running yards. 1 for Smokey, -12 for CB3.

hm that doesn't seem right but stats dont lie

Wesley has 1070 yards and 22 TDs this year. Despite that I chose to slang since his secondary wasn't all world. I think one CB was a 90 everybody else was in the 80s. So I made a decision going into just slangit around since my top WRs were better than his secondary for the most part.

CB3

what's up with D-Line play?

looks like our game is delayed till tomorrow night.

No matter what, I can't play Tuesday, got a funeral to attend, and it'll be late when I get back.

you wernt around for the 40 sack seasons of guys in madden last year. and FMT feeling that was legit. NCAA runs on the previous years madden tech. things get grandfathered in.

Besides that, its a pussy position which ive been saying for years before this.

CB3

Also im not saying that was the reason he won. He played well on offense. And my guys didnt catch the ball when he did throw to my defenders. And didnt get the fumble. Turnovers were a big part. But line play seems to still be bad. Not as bad as madden but still.

hm that doesn't seem right but stats dont lie

Yep. The stats don't lie in this game.

In another Dynasty of mine where I am SMU...

Hgruw.jpg

My QB... was awarded 65,000 rushing yards for one game. For what it's worth, he had a good game.. like 7 carries for ~50 something yards and a score. Yeah, 65,000.

Mrbob

Luke eeyore-ing our match up when there was nothing I could do to stop Robinson the last time we played!

I should be available around 9 central tonight to try and get my revenge!

LukeSmith

Luke eeyore-ing our match up when there was nothing I could do to stop Robinson the last time we played!

I should be available around 9 central tonight to try and get my revenge!

I'm giving you your revenge. I know this means more to you than it does to me, Bobby. I'll be around at that time, bub

Top Bottom