• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

quabba

I thought I remember the wii version having cutscene skips but that's not important. I just want to be able to mute the voices.

I started playing this and its all beautiful and nice music until that woman starts talking and then its what is this horrible noise! I guess I could just tone down the Sfx volume a bit and see if that helps.

Het_Nkik

I'm honestly surprised there's so much hate for the voices. Never even gave them a second thought. Guessing you guys didn't play Banjo-Kazooie as kids/teens :p

Eusis

I'm honestly surprised there's so much hate for the voices. Never even gave them a second thought. Guessing you guys didn't play Banjo-Kazooie as kids/teens :p
Or to a lesser extent Camelot games.

They only annoy me if I can't skip past text, and that's more the fact I'm unable to skip text and those voices being a reminder of it. Otherwise I consider it something that adds a decent amount of charm, plus they have better "voices" than Banjo anyway.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This is something that's been in the back of my mind ever since these euphoric reports of text skipping started. I definitely remember occasionally being able to speed through text in Okami PS2. How is this version different? Did they bump up the number of text-skipping opportunities?

They didn't change anything in terms of text skipping. It is the exact same.

P.S. EVERYONE SHUTUP AND STOP SAYING THAT YOU CAN.

jorgeton

Def. The slowness of the text is the game's biggest (only?) issue. Dat opening is painful. It was painful then, it's painful now. But the game is amazing once it gets going. It looks beautiful in HD and I forgot how awesome the soundtrack was. It's also a little poignant to be playing this for me, since I'm in NYC and Sandy hit us hard, it's fun/therapeutic to play as Amaterasu and run around fixing things.

Animekatt

Just read this post from GameFAQs about how some one has gotten the Asian version of the game already.

It indeed comes in English buuuut.... you still have to install the game, like the Journey collection. Not only that, but it installs at 7.7GB.

Edit: saw that you still need the disc anyway for it to play. I'm not strapped on space, so I will still import the game. Wonder if it will still have a separate trophy list.

quabba

Ha I did I and starfox. I don't mind that they do jibberish voices its just that some of them are awfully loud and grating. I think I just need to lower the Sfx volume a bit and ill be happy

ubercheez

Just read this post from GameFAQs about how some one has gotten the Asian version of the game already.

It indeed comes in English buuuut.... you still have to install the game, like the Journey collection. Not only that, but it installs at 7.7GB.

Edit: saw that you still need the disc anyway for it to play. I'm not strapped on space, so I will still import the game. Wonder if it will still have a separate trophy list.

Bah, fuck that then. The main advantage for me was conserving space on my 60 gigger, and this apparently takes up even more space. Still would be nice to have a disc and case, but not worth the extra $20 and several weeks of waiting. Import cancelled.

I've gotten about 10 hours into this remaster so far and I can honestly say this is the best HD remaster I've played yet (and I've played a good amount of them). It's absolutely glorious on my 65" plasma at 1080p, and plays very well with the Move.
I'd love a PC version of every game for optimal visuals and performance.. but this? This is perfect. PC version is unnecessary - and that's not something I say lightly (primarily a PC gamer) - its THAT good of a remaster. Kudos, Hexadrive.

I've gotten about 10 hours into this remaster so far and I can honestly say this is the best HD remaster I've played yet (and I've played a good amount of them). It's absolutely glorious on my 65" plasma at 1080p, and plays very well with the Move.
I'd love a PC version of every game for optimal visuals and performance.. but this? This is perfect. PC version is unnecessary - and that's not something I say lightly (primarily a PC gamer) - its THAT good of a remaster. Kudos, Hexadrive.

So awesome!

quabba

PS3 System Info: 10GB out of 55GB free

Attempt to purchase Okami HD: "At least 13GB more free space is needed."

Wat.

Wat... 55gb that's crazy ;) throw bigger hdd in there.

PS3 needs 6.5gb free to download the bubble and 6.5gb to extract/install it before deleting the bubble. Dumb design at least it's not like that on VITA os.

wizzbang

Banned
Wrong, there are!

So wait, - if I recall this game has NO english spoken parts at all, it's all noises not actual voice (like Katamari)
You're saying if I buy the .JP disc version and play in English mode, it's pretty much identical to the 30$ download people are getting from PSN.
Sorry, 20$ in the US.

ubercheez

Wat... 55gb that's crazy ;) throw bigger hdd in there.

PS3 needs 6.5gb free to download the bubble and 6.5gb to extract/install it before deleting the bubble. Dumb design at least it's not like that on VITA os.

I was watting the "13GB more" bit... since I already have 10GB free.

But yeah, I probably should look into getting a bigger drive in there.

wizzbang

Banned

That doesn't bother me in the slightest!
Damn,....... 44$ US to import that's madness.

Def. The slowness of the text is the game's biggest (only?) issue. Dat opening is painful. It was painful then, it's painful now. But the game is amazing once it gets going. It looks beautiful in HD and I forgot how awesome the soundtrack was. It's also a little poignant to be playing this for me, since I'm in NYC and Sandy hit us hard, it's fun/therapeutic to play as Amaterasu and run around fixing things.

This is a wonderful post. Hope everything is ok with you and yours, my man.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

So it's basically pointless, then, as I'd kinda suspected. I guess I'll be buying it off PSN then.

I wonder why it's 7.7gb if the downloadable version is 6.3gb. It's not like audio on the downloadable version had to be compressed or something for space reasons, cuz this isn't an Xbox. Curioser and Curioser.

Ms. Tea

So it's basically pointless, then, as I'd kinda suspected. I guess I'll be buying it off PSN then.

I wonder why it's 7.7gb if the downloadable version is 6.3gb. It's not like audio on the downloadable version had to be compressed or something for space reasons, cuz this isn't an Xbox. Curioser and Curioser.

Higher bitrate FMVs, maybe?

How is the install bigger than the whole DL version?

Mikey Jr.

I forgot how genuinely funny this game is. The busty god talking to ammy, and ammy just yawns and sleeps while the god keeps talking about saving the world.

Or when the warthog god is about to give you the bomb power, but he accidentally rolls off screen and explodes and the power just casually rolls into ammy.
The way amaterasu acts is just awesome.

I think you can if you hold down O or X. Just doesn't apply for the intro.

There are plenty of places where they disable being able to speed through the text. It's hard to understand why, especially given how much this game likes to get its talk on.

Mikey Jr. said:
I forgot how genuinely funny this game is.

I've never played this before, and it's cracking me up. Things like the way the dojo guy's head flips around or Mr. Orange's dance are awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Agreed.

Also, digging clovers and listening to the Clover Studio jingle brings a tear to my eyes.

why the hate for a slow opening? I mean, you have to wait a couple of minutes to start a game that lasts 100+ hours if you explore everything and from time to time stand still sometimes to enjoy the great art-style.

Also, why the hate for the 'voices'? I felt that those gibberish voices add a lot to the atmosphere and I could not surpress smiling everytime Issun rambled on about things in his high pitched voice.

Haters gonna hate.

StuBurns

Banned
Haters gonna hate needs to be banned, it's moronic.

I hate the idiotic voices, to have that brushed aside under the ruse I'm a 'hater' is ridiculous. As for the game, I'm at the Moon Cave now. Other than Journey, I'm enjoying it more than anything I've played this year, I'd like to say that was good news, but it says more about how terrible this year has been, the fact nothing is even comparing to a six year old game is embarrassing really.

Coconut

Banned
So wait, - if I recall this game has NO english spoken parts at all, it's all noises not actual voice (like Katamari)
You're saying if I buy the .JP disc version and play in English mode, it's pretty much identical to the 30$ download people are getting from PSN.
Sorry, 20$ in the US.

The "Asian" version on play Asia has no region coding and uses English subs. I doubt the menus are in English.

Audioboxer

Grrrr.

I really wanted to own a physical copy of this, but there really isn't any point if it has to do a hard drive install and costs me £10+ extra.

RPGCrazied

Did the original game have such bad pop in? Seems pretty bad. I don't remember, still looks lovely though. I'm 9 hours still trying to find the last
canine warrior.

StuBurns

Banned
Did the original game have such bad pop in? Seems pretty bad. I don't remember, still looks lovely though. I'm 9 hours still trying to find the last
canine warrior.
Yes, it was the same. I actually like it, feels like a magical world, being created as you go through it.

Just started playing it after buying it on release. So: no 60fps, no surround sound and no additional text skip?
Color me unimpressed.

Audίoboxer;43890083 said:
Is this confirmed? Pretty gutted if it's only 2 channel stereo.
It plays in stereo here and my console is set to DD and DTS so except if it supports only LPCM as a surround option, there's no surround sound.

The game is still awesome and all but finding that out was pretty disappointing.

Ein Bear

God I still can't get over how breathtakingly beautiful this game is, it's insane. Now I want Clover's other games to get the same treatment. Gimme Viewtiful Joe HD!

stuminus3

You know what doesn't tear? The freaking Wii version. I'm really disappointed that the IQ isn't perfect in this edition. I can't stand screen tearing, I'm super sensitive to it and it's the #1 reason I rarely game on consoles. What's worse is this is a freaking PS2 game that runs on the Wii of all things, failing miserably in my eyes on a console that's like 100 Wiis duct taped together. Maybe this'll be one of those games that randomly gets a PC release somewhere down the line. :-/

Sorry if this sounds bad or overly sensitive, I'm just really disappointed, I was really looking forward to a "perfect" version of Okami.

Top Bottom