• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

AfricanKing

24 hours later and all people still talk about is those 20 minutes of debauchery in a 4 hour event.

Catastrophic error in judgment that eclipses the entire thing.

Okay here's the Olympics:

paris-olympics-mocks-last-supper-1722068238.jpg

You know they’re not depicting the last supper right?

T8SC

Andy Murray's last competitive game, currently into the second set tie break. Doubles with Dan Evans.

Would like to see him go out on a high.

What a match! What a finish! Saved 5 match points to go onto win it in the 3rd set tie breaker. Amazing.

Last edited:

T8SC

Adam Peaty coming up in 20mins for the Brits.

Just seen Huske steal the gold from their fellow American in the 100m Butterfly. Great race, very close.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Watching women's soccer France vs Canada & those chicks are tough!
Plus they don't dive all the time like the men do 😄

Rran

Feast of Dionysus .. who do you think the person is blue is meant to be if its the last supper

Feast of Dionysus paintings are about Olympian gods indulging in food , wine and sex etcc .. seems fine for the Olympics
Feels like a motte-and-bailey to me. The Last Supper is one of the most famous (and most often referenced) pieces of art in the world. There's no way they didn't see the parallels when planning and staging it, considering so many immediately thought of that during the ceremony. I think they're just trying to cover their tracks in the midst of a huge backlash.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How can I watch the Olympics in the US? I remember last Olympics, the NBC app had all of the different sports listed and you could just click one and you’d be able to watch the VODs or live broadcasts.

Edit: Looks like it’s the peacock app. And you need a subscription to the streaming service even if you already pay for cable. 🙄

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
How can I watch the Olympics in the US? I remember last Olympics, the NBC app had all of the different sports listed and you could just click one and you’d be able to watch the VODs or live broadcasts.

Edit: Looks like it’s the peacock app. And you need a subscription to the streaming service even if you already pay for cable. 🙄
I’m using nbc app and sign in with my cable login info to get verified

AfricanKing

Feels like a motte-and-bailey to me. The Last Supper is one of the most famous (and most often referenced) pieces of art in the world. There's no way they didn't see the parallels when planning and staging it, considering so many immediately thought of that during the ceremony. I think they're just trying to cover their tracks in the midst of a huge backlash.

Who is the Blue figure meant to represent if its a depiction of the last Supper? I guess people see what they want to see

T8SC

Tom Daley going for gold in the diving 10m synchro now. 4th Olympics for him.

His usual partner, Matty Lee, is injured, so hopefully it'll still be a good outcome for us.

Silver for Team GB.

Last edited:
Who is the Blue figure meant to represent if its a depiction of the last Supper? I guess people see what they want to see

The queer crowd mocking Christians is a recurrent topic in Europe. In France and Spain is non-stop and there's no fucking way in hell this isn't representing the Last Supper.

They are so brave. Next time they should mock Muhammad and see what happens.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The queer crowd mocking Christians is a recurrent topic in Europe. In France and Spain is non-stop and there's no fucking way in hell this isn't representing the Last Supper.

They are so brave. Next time they should mock Muhammad and see what happens.
What if they are Christians and this is just a reference and not mocking? Do we know who planned the ceremony?

Last edited:
Whay if they are Christians and this is just a reference and not mocking? Do we know who planned the ceremony?

What if they are reptilians and know nothing about our culture? Nope, they know full well what they are doing, I can tell because it's the same in my country every year in holy festivities.

France is an officially laic country, so there's no place for official religious acts unless it's in the shape of vile mockery as in this case.

Look, I don't care about any religion but I respect people's beliefs, this is just disgusting and they do it to cater to the laicist crowd, which has become even more annoying than the ancient cultists.

Tams

Tom Daley going for gold in the diving 10m synchro now. 4th Olympics for him.

His usual partner, Matty Lee, is injured, so hopefully it'll still be a good outcome for us.

Silver for Team GB.

The Chinese divers are insane.

I wonder if GB could have won if Lee had been there? Williams is a fantastic diver, and to do that at such short notice is incredible, but he was the one making mistakes.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Longer Judo Grief. First time she lost in 5 years. Must have been shock. And the Uzbek coach says to the winner, "anything is possible".

Z O N E

Longer Judo Grief. First time she lost in 5 years. Must have been shock. And the Uzbek coach says to the winner, "anything is possible".

That's so heartbreaking.

I hate the BBC. So much pointless talking instead of showing the event. I've had to sign up for Discovery+ to watch the entire event because the BBCs output is just ridiculous. Missed out on so many good events already because of it.

Top Bottom