• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ummm... DHL tried delivering my phone today. Is a 4-day (only 2 business day) turnaround the norm? Hell, I didn't even think it had shipped yet.

I think it might be the norm if you live in the UK, as, according to tracking, my order was going through Heatrow 2 days after being placed. I wouldn't know about the States, though.

GtwoK

Finally got my phone today after 2 weeks!

So far really impressed with it. Gonna be even more gorgeous once it finally gets Lollipop / stock(?) ! The only thing that's kinda throwing me off is the scaling of everything on it — coming from the original HTC One (M7), I figured things would stay approximately the same size, but with more space around them. Nope, everything just looks very blown up, with almost child-like font sizes. I tried reducing the font size, but then everything just seems disproportionate. Guess I'll just have to get used to it :(

I've had this phone for a week now, been loving it so far.

Rooted right away, installed Titanium Backup Pro, AdFree, Greenify, and some other stuff, I feel just like in an iron dome. The phone itself is gorgeous, and a powerhouse too.
Size is... notable, at the very least, but I'm getting accustomed quite rapidly. Luckily enough, I haven't had the slightest problem with one-handed usage, yet.
Only problem I foresee it's gonna be this summer, when I'm not gonna wear a jacket all the time, so I'll probably have to resort to a man-purse of some sort (not all trousers have enough pocket room for it).

Looking forward for trying Lollipop, which I hope's gonna be released by CM itself, not far from now.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I've had this phone for a week now, been loving it so far.

Rooted right away, installed Titanium Backup Pro, AdFree, Greenify, and some other stuff, I feel just like in an iron dome. The phone itself is gorgeous, and a powerhouse too.
Size is... notable, at the very least, but I'm getting accustomed quite rapidly. Luckily enough, I haven't had the slightest problem with one-handed usage, yet.
Only problem I foresee it's gonna be this summer, when I'm not gonna wear a jacket all the time, so I'll probably have to resort to a man-purse of some sort (not all trousers have enough pocket room for it).

Looking forward for trying Lollipop, which I hope's gonna be released by CM itself, not far from now.

hey, would you mind sharing the guide you used for rooting? the one i used linked me to a fake download which was a virus.

Socreges

Banned
Is this an acceptable place to fish for an invite?

Apologies if not, but I'd really like to get this phone. Friend of mine has one and it seems like a great value.

UberTag

Is it weird that I haven't felt compelled to root my OnePlus since getting it last week?
I mean, I had to root my Samsung tablet to save apps to my installed memory card so I took that step immediately but that's not an issue with this phone so I'm trying to wrap my head around an immediate need.

i got an invite within 15 minutes at the OnePlus forums under their own site.

Me too, these days is really easy. I remember trying in October and having to actually partecipate in topics for a couple of days before getting my hands on an invite. I then dropped it, though, since I was't yet very sure about buying the phone.

Is it weird that I haven't felt compelled to root my OnePlus since getting it last week?
I mean, I had to root my Samsung tablet to save apps to my installed memory card so I took that step immediately but that's not an issue with this phone so I'm trying to wrap my head around an immediate need.

Not weird at all, I think.
I only did it right away because I knew that sooner or later I would have wanted or needed to, and wanted to avoid the nuisance of doing a wipe with lots of user data to backup.

hey, would you mind sharing the guide you used for rooting? the one i used linked me to a fake download which was a virus.

I see you've already got readily answered, but anyway, here's what I used (for Mac users): http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/toolkit-mac-os-x-toolkit-unlocking-t2807574
Didn't use a tutorial, since the proceedings were kinda familiar to me, and this toolkit was very easy to use too.

I would like to ask this question, what are the pros of rooting your phone?

And are there any cons?

IRRC, with some hardware houses unlocking the bootloader invalidates the warranty, but that's not the case with the OPO.

The pros are being able to install apps that work on a deeper level on your phone, being able to access the root directory; in my case, I mainly wanted titanium backup, adfree, and greenify (even though the OPO doesn't have any bloatware).

m23

So I just ordered mine and I have a question. I'm in Canada and am shipping to an address just across the border. Total cost USD was about $363 for the 64gb model, I had to use paypal to pay for it, and so total came up to $393.99 CAD....why is it so low?

I was expecting more with conversion alone, but doesn't even seem taxes were added.

UberTag

So I just ordered mine and I have a question. I'm in Canada and am shipping to an address just across the border. Total cost USD was about $363 for the 64gb model, I had to use paypal to pay for it, and so total came up to $393.99 CAD....why is it so low?

I was expecting more with conversion alone, but doesn't even seem taxes were added.
They probably weren't.
As another Canadian that paid via PayPal, I received an invoice from DHL to cover the taxes on delivery.

Any update if and when Cyanogen will release Lollipop?

3 days ago, from CM's blog:

We would like to note that at this point we consider ourselves 85% complete for our initial CM12 M release. We’ll spend the remainder of this month bringing up additional devices and finishing up the features you’ve come to love from CM11 – implementing them into the new Material UI.

At this point, the following large items are not implemented, but should be in the next few weeks. Some additional smaller tweaks are also missing, but left off this list:

Theme Engine
Quick Settings reorganization and customization
Quick Settings Ribbon mode
Navigation bar reorganization and customization
Sound panel customization
Lock-screen quick unlock

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-lollipop

n0razi

Finally got my phone today after 2 weeks!

So far really impressed with it. Gonna be even more gorgeous once it finally gets Lollipop / stock(?) ! The only thing that's kinda throwing me off is the scaling of everything on it — coming from the original HTC One (M7), I figured things would stay approximately the same size, but with more space around them. Nope, everything just looks very blown up, with almost child-like font sizes. I tried reducing the font size, but then everything just seems disproportionate. Guess I'll just have to get used to it :(

you need to change the dpi... usually with an app

16gb? Imo for the price difference it's worth getting 64 instead, unless you must get the white version

$50 is $50. I got the 64gb version, but I would have gotten the 16gb version if it was available then. I got my girlfriend the 16gb version in white.

What about cases and covers? Do you use any, or do you keep your OPO naked? I've been using mine without any protection for roughly 10 days now, and I'm starting to feel the sandstone back cover might be kinda easily subject to wear, is it just my imagination?

I know the back cover is changeble, fortunately, so I will propably continue to enjoy it without additional cover, and eventually just buy another back cover from Oneplus.

Been thinking about this phone, the Mi4 and others, but I feel like I should wait since the One Plus Two might just be right around the corner.

m23

So I should be getting my phone in the next couple of days. What are the benefits to rooting the phone? I'm not too much into fiddling around with the system and stuff, is it really essential?

So I should be getting my phone in the next couple of days. What are the benefits to rooting the phone? I'm not too much into fiddling around with the system and stuff, is it really essential?

Depends on what you want to do with it, but I would say it's not essential at all. Root isn't probably for you if you don't already know why you would need it.

It's not like your phone's going to "speed up" or run generally better if rooted, rooting only gives you more control over the inner workings of your phone.

m23

Depends on what you want to do with it, but I would say it's not essential at all. Root isn't probably for you if you don't already know why you would need it.

It's not like your phone's going to "speed up" or run generally better if rooted, rooting only gives you more control over the inner workings of your phone.

Alright, thanks. I'll leave the phone as is.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
$50 is $50. I got the 64gb version, but I would have gotten the 16gb version if it was available then. I got my girlfriend the 16gb version in white.

Exactly. I don't play any serious games on my phone, no music since I have an 80gb iPod, and no movies since I have a Nexus 9. 16gb is more than enough space for my needs. 64gb is a great deal, but it's not something that really benefits me much.

UberTag

Can I get an invite? Anyone? Also is this on Amazon?
How about instead of an invite, I pass this along...

OnePlus_zpsbf0d764c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom