• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it usually take them to ship an order once purchased?

I bought a One on Tuesday and still processing.. :(

same here. I'll let you know when my status changes. From what I've read though they don't always update the status on the site, so check your email for a shipping confirmation from time to time.

lem0n

My HTC One M8 was stolen yesterday so I'm thinking maybe now it's time to get one of these things... how would I go about getting one? I'm probably going to wait a week or two, just in case it turns up for sale locally, where I can, uh.. go get it back.

How does it work, I just buy the phone outright and then bring it to whatever carrier and have them activate it? I'm with T Mobile, so can it take a SIM?

Sorry I know nothing about this thing, and I've never bought one outright like this.

m23

My HTC One M8 was stolen yesterday so I'm thinking maybe now it's time to get one of these things... how would I go about getting one? I'm probably going to wait a week or two, just in case it turns up for sale locally, where I can, uh.. go get it back.

How does it work, I just buy the phone outright and then bring it to whatever carrier and have them activate it? I'm with T Mobile, so can it take a SIM?

Sorry I know nothing about this thing, and I've never bought one outright like this.

Yeah you buy it outright from the website. I think its still invite only but open sale on Tuesdays. Once i got mine, all I did was stick my micro sim in and that's it, ready to use.

ordered this phone for my aunt and she said she is having second thoughts because many reviews are saying this has poor voice quality and the camera is not good. my wife has the phone and its very good but thats one phone, is it really ok or bad?

guy couple posts above has an invite. PM him to get it. Go to your carrier and get a sim card.

First thing i'd do is check what LTE band your area primarily uses. Oneplus One does not support LTE Band 2 (att) (1900mhz, but does 1900mhz for 3g,etc). It also does not support band 12 LTE (t-mobile). LTE will still work, but carriers are running LTE traffic through some of these bands now so you may not have "optimal" LTE signal.

There is a guide "unlock" additional bands, but I'm not sure how effective doing that would be.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unlock-aditional-bands-qualcomm-t2877031

MercuryLS

Banned
ordered this phone for my aunt and she said she is having second thoughts because many reviews are saying this has poor voice quality and the camera is not good. my wife has the phone and its very good but thats one phone, is it really ok or bad?

I personally haven't had any issues with call quality or camera quality. They are both great.

lem0n

guy couple posts above has an invite. PM him to get it. Go to your carrier and get a sim card.

First thing i'd do is check what LTE band your area primarily uses. Oneplus One does not support LTE Band 2 (att) (1900mhz, but does 1900mhz for 3g,etc). It also does not support band 12 LTE (t-mobile). LTE will still work, but carriers are running LTE traffic through some of these bands now so you may not have "optimal" LTE signal.

There is a guide "unlock" additional bands, but I'm not sure how effective doing that would be.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unlock-aditional-bands-qualcomm-t2877031

Oh wow, I had no idea. I don't even know how to look that up... I use T Mobile, and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I will google now, but if you know a way to find out what area uses what, could you let me know?? Thanks a bunch man

Yeah you buy it outright from the website. I think its still invite only but open sale on Tuesdays. Once i got mine, all I did was stick my micro sim in and that's it, ready to use.

Thanks for the tips. I may just end up scooping one up on a Tuesday then.

zewone

I ended up being scammed out of $300 trying to buy this phone from a user on swappa.

I'm currently in a dispute with paypal.

I'd still really like this phone. If anyone has an invite for a 64GB invite I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Jonnax

I ended up being scammed out of $300 trying to buy this phone from a user on swappa.

I'd still really like this phone. If anyone has an invite for a 64GB invite I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

The phone is on sale on their site every Tuesday.

Salex_

Thank you.

You still need an invite? I just got one.

Voice is fine on mine, camera is good but not great. The camera is mostly have to do with software I think as the camera unit is decent. It can take some good picture at time but I came from Lumia 1020 where camera is in another tier (if slow).

neobiz

Voice is fine on mine, camera is good but not great. The camera is mostly have to do with software I think as the camera unit is decent. It can take some good picture at time but I came from Lumia 1020 where camera is in another tier (if slow).

I agree about the camera software. I think it's a general cyanogenmod thing. My wife and I both have galaxy 3s and her phone takes better pictures than mine does. The difference is I'm running cyanogenmod and she's not.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah the camera sucks. Colors are flat and lifeless. I might try Camera Zoom instead of the default app to see if it gets better.

EDIT: well shit Camera Zoom makes a big difference over normal Camera app.

Yeah the camera sucks. Colors are flat and lifeless. I might try Camera Zoom instead of the default app to see if it gets better.

EDIT: well shit Camera Zoom makes a big difference over normal Camera app.

I've read somewhere that port-coloros-camera-cm11s is a great camera app for OPO.

m23

So I'm a bit confused about cm12. Apparently there was some sort of issue between cyonogen and onplus. Am I now going to have to flash my phone in order to get cm12?

rc213

So I'm a bit confused about cm12. Apparently there was some sort of issue between cyonogen and onplus. Am I now going to have to flash my phone in order to get cm12?

No CM12 based off Android 5.0 will be released via OTA in a couple weeks. At the same time there will be a new ROM released OxygenOS which you will probably be needed to be manually flashed.

U2NUMB

Holy crap am I annoyed at the fact that my Torch app will NOT turn off after I turn it on. Only way to get it to turn off is to reboot my phone.

Please tell me others have this issue!

beat

Holy crap am I annoyed at the fact that my Torch app will NOT turn off after I turn it on. Only way to get it to turn off is to reboot my phone.

Nope, mine works.

I almost always use the torch toggle from the notifications quick menu. Worst case workaround, get one of those simple flashlight apps that has a bright white screen option instead of using the LED flash?

Torch app sometimes turns itself on, on my phone. Usually when I'm taking the phone out of my pocket, so I assume maybe it's triggered by pressing some of the buttons but other than that it turns off fine so I don't know if there's any way to fix your problem.

methodman

Banned
Torch app sometimes turns itself on, on my phone. Usually when I'm taking the phone out of my pocket, so I assume maybe it's triggered by pressing some of the buttons but other than that it turns off fine so I don't know if there's any way to fix your problem.

did you guys turn off the gesture control for the torch? that shit was so annoying, had to turn mine off

Chanser

When is Cyanogen supposed to release lollipop?

OnePlus is finally ready to join the Android 5.0 Lollipop roll out party. On the official forums, the company has noted that it will push Lollipop OTA update for the OnePlus One smartphone on or before March 30.

Last month, we reported that Carl Pei, co-founder of OnePlus stated that the Lollipop is expected to roll out only in March. Now, the OnePlus One smartphone owners can expect the Lollipop based CyanogenMod 12S OTA on their phones in coming two weeks.

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_promises_oxygenos_lollipop_update_by_march_30-news-11579.php

I'm currently under contract with Fido and have a Galaxy SIII (uses a microsim card).
Will I be able to just buy this phone and swap in the microsim card and be good to go without seeing my carrier or anything or is there a process?

Socreges

Banned
I'm currently under contract with Fido and have a Galaxy SIII (uses a microsim card).
Will I be able to just buy this phone and swap in the microsim card and be good to go without seeing my carrier or anything or is there a process?
I'm with Rogers, also came from an S3, and there was no process.

Socreges

Banned
Awesome thank you.
But no thank you for Lack's performance against the Flyers today haha
image.php

m23

I'm with Fido as well and I just swapped my microsim into the oneplus one, no need to speak to Fido. It just works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom